Crash to desktop without error message

There’s serious overclockers and there’s casual overclockers … and no I’m saying nothing of the sort because we may well be talking of individual systems not put together by experts or that may have poor maintainance issues that only manifest the shortcomings of the sim which we all know are there.

This message should quit your argument on overclocking.

Also this

You’d be quite fit to take Simon Biles place at the olympics at this rate.

2 Likes

My 3080ti hydroforce never gets above 45C no matter what it’s doing. My i9-11900k never gets above 60C no matter what it’s doing. Full custom loop. I can play other, more taxing in every way games for 8x as long without one single glitch or crash.

Designed and built it myself:

Better than every single air cooled system that people are also having identical problems with. (Yes, even the VRM and M.2 drives are water cooled).

2 Likes

So there’s bugs although I find it interesting that you say they are repeatable at certain airports, so it must be asked if they were always that way? If so that’s definitely ones for zendesk as they should be fixed. (as an aside a hunch tells me they are big glass fronted affairs that need DX12.1)

Now thats just showing off… :joy:

3 Likes

Very nice and no I don’t think you have the same problems as the majority here … maybe you’re just picking all the wrong places to land :slightly_smiling_face: Can anything ever be too cool?

1 Like

KTUS? KSFO? KPDX? My usual haunts. But then I started exploring Norway. Funny, same chances of CTD out there too. (Yes, I’ve updated everything in Content Manager. Yes, that this is even a thing people need to check is further evidence of Asobo’s end-to-end design capabilities).

As I say the’ve just completed a major overhaul under a lot of pressure, of course it will means bugs will appear.

Not really. My system cannot cool below ambient temperature. Which is 70F / 21C. If I went to extreme lengths I could cool below ambient but fortunately there is no reason to, this level of cooling is sufficient.

1 Like

Yup supercooling is bad because of condensation, that much I do know

Updating video drivers and capping the game frame rate in NVIDIA settings has fixed the issue for me. 3 x 3+ hour flights with no issues

3 Likes

You’re only saying “of course” because you are accustomed to Asobo’s standards of software quality. Look up Stockholm Syndrome on wikipedia for details.

For the rest of us, who are accustomed to the standards of software releases by most other major parties, which provide a regular flow of true bugfixes (“true” = fixes >=1 bugs; creates 0 new bugs) and the occasional feature update, your statement is farcical: no one would ever ship a bug fix update that added bugs.

2 Likes

No one else has the whole world to try and fix

X-Plane? Prepar3d? When did they release an update that prevented people from opening the game if they had certain add-ons?

Fixers of “The whole world” are just Bing and some devs (collectively, >144k people) funded by a company (Microsoft) with a $2.15 trillion dollar market cap. They have enough money to do it right, and if not that, they have enough money to hire managers who are aware of concepts like “meet the level of expectations your customers expect from the market or you will suffer”. There is no valid excuse.

1 Like

I’m not being funny when considering the time constraints Asobo might have seen this as the quickest way to go, basically making us all beta testers. Not so bad on those that get few CTD’s but very harsh on those that can’t play. If true I disagree with it but it is what it is, I just hope they can get us all flying again quickly.

1 Like

Big wheels grind slowly.

Completed a flight this morning followed by 8 CTD’s throughout the day.

Checked xbox live. Everything seems to be working.

Went to settings>Gaming>Xbox networking. Looking at Xbox live Multiplayer clicked Fix it button.

FS 2020 loaded twice with no CTD.

Who cares about X-Plane and Prepar3d? If people want use them they are welcome to. And anyway there are some that reckon X-plane were no better when they upgraded too

This goes out the window when they charge us $60 + add-ons. Not to mention they double charge you for the game when you decide to upgrade your purchase to a higher tier (WHICH I AM VERY SALTY OVER IF YOU CAN’T TELL). If they’re cash grabbing like that its far from beta testing. This is a full fledged release, not even early release. Its also been a year since release. Trust me I WANT to like this game very much, but its kinda hard if I can’t start it up after spending upwards of $400 on the game and add-ons from the marketplace after being able to fly perfectly fine before.

d0t w0t m8?

1 Like