Crash to desktop without error message

Ask them for a refund explaining your position and they will probably oblige, at least Steam did for me.

And for the last time it’s GOODNIGHT!

I’m a bit blown away that MS is being so disrespectful to its users as to knowingly allow the release of such problematic software. I spent a significant amount of money on a new high end PC specifically to run this program. I’m very disappointed if they are going to dumb it down for the masses and leave simmers with a hunk of junk.

2 Likes

Ask those with high end rigs that know how to tune and it is anything but dumbed down.

Well have a good night, but that doesn’t mean you get to dictate when I sleep too :joy:

These crashes are not our fault. If we return to discussing rigs, cooling, overclocking, it will be like in the dark ages, when people would argue if it would be better to burn wiches or just their black cats to make the crops not fail. There was simply not much they could do.

We are in the same situation. These crashes are not our fault. It is not because we failed to perform a ritual, a prayer or any other magical action (like defragging a HD). It is up to the developers to fix this.

By the way, we were in this situation before, since the launch up to about December 2020 (at least in my personal experience). The game was crashing almost as frequently as it is now. But about January, the updates eventually made CTDs a thing of last year (for me, and I suppose many others). It all ended suddenly and drastically on SU5. Isn’t it obvious that these crashes are caused by the update and not by anything the players did or didn’t do to their rigs?

5 Likes

No idea, how can I find out?

It is very easy, you go to “THIS PC” and open it there you should have a list of disks or just a single disk installed on your PC. Right click on it and chose “PROPERTIES”.
Inside GENERAL tab which is the first one you should have “File system”: there you might see either ExFAT or NTFS".
I hope this helps :grinning:

1 Like

We totally agree with you @CassiKess, there is no doubt about that.

What people is trying to do inside this forum is to report issues and try to find a temporary solution so simmers could go back to the tarmac at least until MS/Asobo they find a real fix. Otherwise the complains IMHO should be made at Zendesk (the more we do, the more they realize is not a casual incident), here you can only find poor simmers like me and you struggling to avoid CTDs.

On my side the problem was caused by Legacy mouse mode (during CTD was in “lock” position as stated before by my friend @TheAviator3506 who I think is doing a great deal to help us all. His fix worked for me and a couple of people but not for everyone. I have other friends that fixed it by disabling AI Traffic, another who changed from an alternate drive to c:…

As you can see we are trying also to report all this small changes to Zendesk to help them find a real fix.

Speaking for myself if CTDs will happen again I will try to fix it for a limited period of time and then go back to XPLANE! :joy: :wink:

5 Likes

Thank you, I have done all of the suggestions, mostly twice. I am going out for the evening so I am about to commence my third re- install

Hello, how are you, colleagues?
For CTD’s you can try the following as it is working well for me and using A320 FBW.
1-Delete% tmp% (Everything that lets you delete inside said folder)
2-Delete cache within the Simulator and have it deactivated.
3-% tmp%
I personally always delete it before entering the Simulator.
It’s a bit annoying but I don’t save a CTD just in case.
I do not know if it is the solution but you can try and I hope this helps.
A greeting.

Good luck. Before you do I suggest swapping SATA cables around, I know it sound stupid but they can cause problems especially if they’ve been tightly bent.

Hello everyone,

I had my first CTD during a flight this morning after 2 plus hours.

My Installation is on its own D Drive and I have the Steam edition of the Premium Deluxe.

I am running an i7 10700 (NO OVERCLOCKING), 32GB DDR4 and an RTX2070 8 GB, settings high to ultra on 2K.

All Windows, GPU drivers fully updated - Windows 10 home.

To add insult to injury after it crashed to desktop mid flight, i go to launch the game and says i have a 29 GB update to download.

I just dont get it as CPU, GPU and RAM usage all perfectly within limits, nothing being overstressed.

The only thing I had in my community folder was the liveries megapack but I have cleared that for now.

Hello.
Make sure that windows recognizes disk D where you have the MSFS 2020 installation.
Restart the PC several times to see until it recognizes it and does not ask for those 29gb.

the pc recognises the disk drive alright…i even did a chkdsk on it, no errors found. i dont know what the blazes is going on, it was perfect earlier.

Not only does it recognise the D Drive but it is installing the 29 GB into the correct folder as well. So the drive is ok.

thanks for reporting back and bring the former out-of-topic disccussion from two users back to what this topic here is: searching solutions / workarounds for CTD.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

this is a friendly reminder to please stay on topic, as other users have already noted.
The primary focus on this thread should be to report and hopefully solve CTD issues.
For similar CTDs that occured after SU5 including the hotfix, please also see or use:
Repeated CTD's 1.18.14.0 & 1.18.15.0 .
For feedback concerning the update please use:

Thank you.

2 Likes

the error message within window event viewer, is it the cx00000005 ? or a different one ?

I have Exception code: 0xc000005

that’s not good, because not easy to find… it can be all. But in case you see also “grammar.pggmod” you run into a map issue, then see : 100% reproducible CTD at specific coordinates for months [grammar.pggmod]

Otherwise… the former issues about was things like xmp mode ( memory ), usb devices, mods, etc.
But there is a new update and so we can’t sure and have to check mods ( and I remember older issue with these mentioned ‘li… megapack’, in-game settings ( may be atc ), etc…

Can you also post the whole error message ?..