Crash to desktop without error message

FROM ASOBO: Delete all these programs and tell us if our pile of (C)ode works!

1. Seagate Toolkit
  2. Nahimic service
  3. Asus Sonic Studio 2
  4. Windows Audio Service
  5. Garmin Express
  6. WD Backup
  7. Logitech G Hub
  8. Project Lasso software
  9. MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner Statistics Server
  10. EVGA Precision
  11. OBS
  12. Xsplit
  13. Discord
  14. MacType
  15. Warsaw Banking App
  16. Wallpaper Engine
  17. A-Volute Sound studio
  18. Malwarebytes
  19. Trend Micro Maximum Security
  20. Comodo Antivirus
  21. Sophos
  22. Emisoft Anti-Malware
  23. Avira
  24. Avast & Avast Cleanup
  25. Bullguard
1 Like

I found a solution that worked for me:

• disabled “game mode” in the windows settings
  • disabled “hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling” in the windows settings
  • updated all windows drivers
  • updated (MSI-)BIOS

I now use the flight simulator the same way as before the SU5:

• a few AddOns/Mods in the community folder
  • “MSI Afterburner” for overclocking my GPU
  • “Riva Tuner Statistics Server” to show various parameters.
  • “Discord” runs in the background

Anyway … I’m pretty sure the crashes were either due to “Game Mode” or “Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling”.

Try this and give me a feedback.

interessting… not that again HAGS made trouble. I have this Off… it was just to random that with an update of windows or nivida the whole PC run into reboot issues ( not game related ).

But if I read this here:

… I can only recommend: dont do that… the 1fps more is it not worth :wink:

I took part in the livestream earlier, and decided to turn off the scenery cache for once. Flew for nearly 2 hours in the vicinity of many other players in all sorts of aircraft. No stutters, or crashes.

Afterwards I repeated my flight, in reverse, that gave me two CTD’s last night, from Meribel ro Courchevel. No crashes, and I spent about a half hour or so doing landing practise.

I think I may continue with no scenery caching for a bit.

Just before the infamous SU4 came out NVIDIA messaged me of an update and I accepted it. Now CDT after CDT, after futilely trying every fix recommended on Youtube, I decided to try to roll back my graphics card driver to that which I was using with SU4. This CDT problem is totally new to me. Never had them with MSFS since its inception. Unable to find a way to do it within NVIDIA , I contacted support and they helped me find the version of my old driver and install it. So far I have not had a CDT and prior to my rollback I couldn’t even start most flights let alone complete them.
Could this be an added glitch to those of us with NVIDIA graphics cards? I had already changed from gaming to studio setting as recommended but that alone did nothing. More testing necessary but so far seems to be the light at the end of the tunnel on this issue for me.

My event viewer info is identical to yours.

1 Like

Which driver version did you go back to?

My hardware accelerated GPU scheduling was off and no overclocking.

1 Like

Are you certain?

Once again, I carefully checked a number of your recommendations on myself, with minor clarifications:

“hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling” is always turned off for me.
"Bios (Asus) I have not updated now (updated half a year ago)

Well, the community folder is clean.

what do we see? I see the desktop 30 seconds after takeoff …

(But I can more confidently confirm that the crashes right in the menu seem to have disappeared since 1.18.15).

Everything seems to indicate that these crashes are not Asobo’s problem. Exactly at 6:30 am on June 6th, on July 27th, my computer broke down.

But what is mysticism?

It is worth literally for a second to take a look and run, for example, the X-Plane 11.55 occupying 370 gigabytes and installed on the same one terabyte new ssd disk, specially purchased for these two simulators. With a huge bunch of orthophoto scenery, plugins, airplanes and external programs - all sorts of Active Sky, LittleNav or Pilot2Ats. And this ■■■■■■■ (bad) computer is instantly repaired, the X-Planeworks like a reinforced concrete, it is simply impossible to crash it … Moreover, the load on the processor in it will be even more, it takes up the same amount of memory as a video card. Moreover, the PC does this on old drivers, and on new ones, with or without patches, with any sound or usb devices.

I’m trying to bring the PC to clean water and run a 16 gigabyte virtual machine with a production environment and working with a 3D environment - also, the infection does not fall into any.

And it is worth for a moment to stretch the mouse to the MSFS icon and the PC breaks down at the same second …

Looks like I need to think about changing the computer. (Not really)

to be sure… You let run MSFS and in parallel a VM and do some work ? And only in this case you get CTD ?

no no no no… :grin:

certainly not in parallel, you see, it would be very strange :scream:
Consecutively … the sim drops out, we start the virtual machine.

I run the VM to check if there is a problem with the hardware

ähmm… yes, at least you “try to run it in parallel” :). You have MSFS running and then you start the VM. For a game which needs hardware in the way like MSFS it does ( may be other games too ), I would not wonder about issues. Also a VM ( MS or Oracle ? ) try to reserve pieces of hardware for its own ( RAM, GPU resources, etc. )… Thus, for me not a good idea to start a VM… Fly and bring your passangers safe at home, or work within the VM :rofl:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

I gave an example of a working highly resource-loaded virtual machine simply as an illustration of the fact that, with a very high probability, the problem is not related to the system environment or the hardware component of my personal computer.

I get 0 CTDs when: debug mode turned on in Nvidia Control panel

I for sure get CTD if I didn’t turn it on. There’s something going on with card clocks and FS

I yes, my google english can introduce inaccuracies in my posts. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think I understand now ( with my Google-English-Knowledge too :wink: )…

But a VM itself isnt realy comparable with a game… it’s just a VM within limited resources.

The only hint I can give, in special if the CTD happens some seconds after starting the game, that it points often to overheating issues ( we had not less cases ). Test cases with limited fps , e.g. nvidia control center, can help to find this out. Of course sometimes also the drivers are the bad-boys.
But I have also seen that you have VR hardware. We have older cases where users run into ctd since the installed the vr softrware/drivers.
And the last hint might be the memory XMP mode. I seen you own 4300’er which is , for me, nothing else as Beta-Test-Memory. May be do some tests without xmp, or with lower settings than 4300.

Since the latest update, I can take off from a busy airport in VR without issues, but crash out 30 mins into the flight close to cruising altitude on the monitor, when not one bit of my hardware is stretched.

So I cannot even start looking where the issue is. Ridiculous.