Crash to desktop without error message

but @DensestSnail693 was not wrong… in case it is necessary to kill the explorer, there is something wrong with the system. May be, as mentioned, there is a DLL loaded from an application you have installed, which cause a conflict with MSFS.

And this have nothing to do that someone would blame you @l0f4szj0sk4 . Its just a hint to do a check.

I have a fresh Windows 10 install, installer created with Media Creation Tool, installed on a fresh format NVMe SSD. Even I set the UEFI to default before installing (shorting the CMOS clear pins on the MOBO). All drivers are the latest, the only installation was Steam and MSFS, then I got a CTD. If something is wrong, then it must be Windows 10, MSFS or drivers. I didn’t touch any config file, didn’t “hack” windows to prevent sending telemetry, updates are installed, I have US English language pack installed and set to default. The only thing that is not that common is my Logitech yoke driver and plugin, which is needed to operate the panel.

I just had a crash, standing in the parking spot on appron, running engine, doing nothing. Same informationless event log entry. Now I’m trying to connect my yoke to a USB2 instead of the USB3, I think that’s the only one thing I have not tried yet. Oh and this happened with explorer.exe terminated. So it’s not a solution for me.

Edit: I couldn’t even start the engine in the C172, crashed 10-15 seconds after switching on the battery.

Thank you Asobo.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.19.9.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.19.9.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001f43694
Faulting process id: 0x208c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7b30bd586a91e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 18c5e2a5-03b4-47da-9094-1f252aa318b9
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

My September logbook so far:
2 CTD (±5 minutes flying), 3 no CTD flight < 1 hour.

Try with audio disabled in device manager

1 Like

Excuse me, but what? I have Realtek audio, if it is the issue, then Asobo should fix something on their side, as this is one of the most common audio chips. And no, I won’t play without sound, without display, without network. It has to work with these very common stuff. All other games work with all my hardware perfectly fine. MSFS worked before SU5 perfectly fine, nothing changed in my PC since then.

3 Likes

it is a test scenario which @DensestSnail693 mentioned… with this test you can find out whether you have an issue with the audio drivers.

Nobody tell that you should play allways without sound. Sound-tools, drivers are auto-installed for some mainboards ( e.g. asus, msi ) and we know ( and FAQ mentioned ) that some of these cause issues ( check e.g. for nahimic ) and in special all these realtek / whatever stuff.

PS.: and about these logitech/saitek panel drivers, exist also some topics.

Some people just don’t want their MSFS to be fixed or then they’d have nothing to complain about … And quite frankly I no longer care as aside from two CTD’s due to the now fixed ATC bug my sim runs perfectly on both Windows 10 and 11 with a tiny GT1030 or now with a slightly overclocked rtx3060 on overclocked PC-3200 ram @ 4000MHz. Latest drivers, no stutters, no crashes, no audio glitches, no install looping or whatever.

Just ask me if I think the sim is broken or do I think ??? … well no, actually I’ll let them answer that for themselves but this sim runs perfectly for most of us that don’t just sit back expecting Zendesk to know what’s going wrong inside our PC’s.

(and believe me I’ve seen it all including one guy who installed a new gpu but was still plugged into his vga and another who was trying to run a 1060ti on a 250w psu … and as for folk trying to force ddr3 into ddr4 slots, just don’t even go there!).

Okay, I understand, then advice me to uninstall bloatware and other stuff.

Btw I tried to remove all audio devices in device manager, it prompted me to restart. After the restart I have audio, as windows automatically uses the generic driver. I tried to disable all driver downloads using DDUs feature, same result, after reboot, my audio is working. Another item in the miles long checklist, that doesn’t work for me.

Edit: Finally disabled them and 0 sound devices are active, giving it a try.

the test was only to disable “windows audio service” :slight_smile:

( and if you have the windows services app open, you can also search for a service called “nahimic”. In case you find one, deactivate it )

I don’t have (and never had) Nahimic installed. The only audio related stuff were the drivers, one for my VGA (NV audio) and one for my Realtek onboard. I didn’t even install the Realtek Control Panel from MS Store.

Edit: CTD again

it comes from “self”, most with mainboard tools, this is the worst thing at these sound-tool/driver thing. Lots of users not installed it, but found it on here pc.

But in case you disbled the windows audio service
and still get crash, your issue is with high chance not caused from sound drivers.

In some older topics missing mainboard chipset drivers also caused issues. But there are a lot of possible reasons. E.g also an issue with the logitech drivers can cause that, may be try without connected devices ( and / or try to disable usb selective energy saving ). Otherwise, if would be realy hard to find the issue… if you have no other software installed ( absolut no other software ) , hmmm…

Normaly crashs after such a short time in-game points to GPU load ( or system load ) issues and I had recommend to limit the FPS , eg. with nvidia control center. But I assume you already tried such things.

Another point may be, some users report issues with photogrammetry at ground and disabled it ( I assume network stuff ) , but… also not sure in your case.

and no, its nothing agains you … we only can give hints here. Somewhat must be different at your system compared eg. with my system ( since patch 2or3 last year I never again seen a ctd ).

Wifi is another albeit remote possibility or a dodgy psu (check to see no cables are blocking the fan) … and check cables are fully seated, modular psu cables are easily dislodged

Yeah, I tried limiting my fps to 30, no success. And on 1080p it doesn’t even give a huge load on my 3070. I tried photogrammetry, ai traffic and real weather off, even azure voice off, no success.

Now I’m sitting on appron, my yoke is disconnected and the drivers are removed and no crash for 10 minutes. But the funny thing is that sometimes I get the same result when flying, using my yoke and switch panel with the software. So can’t tell for sure, that it’s okay now, but suspicious. I just checked, that USB selective suspend setting is disabled, so the panel doesn’t go to “sleep”.

@DensestSnail693
I’m not using wifi on my pc, my connection is fine and I have a cat5e cable from my modem to my PC.
My PSU is totally fine too, not even a year old, 650W, with my 9600K and RTX 3070 (around 450W when both CPU and GPU are stress tested at the same time). But it looks like the logitech software is causing something. I’m going to check if it is the yoke or the switch panel. Then file a Zendesk ticket with details.

650w is too small, you need ideally 850 for that rig

No way, I’m running the 9600K and the 3070 on stock. That means 120W for CPU and 220W for VGA. Even EVGA recommends a 650W PSU, and we all know, that manufacturers tend to overshoot a bit, just to be safe. I tried a physical wattage monitor once, the whole system never exceeded 440W with a 100% CPU-VGA-RAM stress test.

I’d be interested to see what this would say

https://www.newegg.com/tools/power-supply-calculator/

I remember some topics about a specific logitech version… it is these logitech gaming app or a different one ?

should be okay, better would be 750W , but I assume you not own the cheap’est PSU of the world :slight_smile:

It says 498W.

And I know, what a faulty or weak PSU means and what are the symptoms, I had both 10 years ago. My PC was shutting down under heavy load, not just a game crashed.

I can even run Cyberpunk on all psycho with this setup just fine, that draws more power, than MSFS. My system is stable, temps are totally fine, my case has good airflow.

@MichaMMA
Well it uses it’s own Logitech Flight Yoke System software, that is an “inherited” software from the Saitek era, so no Logitech Gaming Software or Logitech GHUB is needed for this. But the issue is that they have only the latest (last update: 2021-07-28) listed on their support site, so it looks like I’m stuck.

OK, as Micha says you should be ok but throw in a few periphs etc and it’s running it too close IMO … but you are right in that usually the PC would shut down or BSOD. I have a similar draw and decided I’d by safer with an 850.