Crash to desktop without error message

and the same question: why ?.. whats the different to the users-system with zero issues ? :wink:

If we have all the same pre-defined opionon @ChrisSpiegeI

then we never come into a discussion and we can close these community :wink:

Beside of these is your issue a different one.
You joined already into e.g. thread CTD at game launch after WU5 - PC Version Deluxe Steam - #39 by Hellas2020 where you report to be affected from the 80% issue which is completly different thing. And this one here #PC Will not load Since UP5 - #28 by Hellas2020 .
And now you join also into an already closed topic, but you know that you have a different kind of issue.

When the issue of hardware comes up as the cause, I always have to think of the poor guys with the X-Box. What are they supposed to do? Use a red power cord instead of a black one?

1 Like

I have no idea who posted what solution in this thread and marked is as solved. This issue is not solved and my issue is exactly “Crash to desktop without error message”.

I never said that it’s the first issue with FS I ever had. Despite bugs I had crashes after updates from the menu before (which were fixed after additional updates) and crashes / hangs of the utterly stupid installer that caused > 50% of my > 200 h playtime of this game on Steam. All these other problems could be solved, but not the CTD without error message issue which the title of this thread suggests it is about. Please be so kind and mark the post for me in this thread that is the “solution” because I can’t find it.

I am also not resistant to discussions if they lead somewhere. But repeating it’s the users hardware fault when the user can proof everything else is not affected by hardware issues leads nowhere and I don’t want to take part in such discussions.

you see it in the first post and each time you write a comment in this topic you get a hint about.

the main thing I wrote was

and of course, as mentioned, I still not negate a possible hardware issue. ( and I mean possible ).

But… you read the sentences in a way to proof your predefined opinion and therefore I should end the discussion from my side. May be you get some additional usefull hints from anyone or just wait till the next update which hopefull fix your issue “CTD after 1-5 minutes”.

Micha…when you are drowning…you try to get hold of anything or everything that is around you. That’s what I’m doing…

So you will find me in several threads, because I am desperate to fly again, and can’t. I’m desperately trying to make some impression on anyone who can hear our plight, and get MS & ASABO to rescue us…

2 Likes

I know @Hellas2020 … it’s frustrating to can not fly. In special it seems these 80% issue affects not only you. In discussions we find solution for some users, but for some not. We just not know why and we tried a lot things ( the other user also tried to start without cloud data ) ( and this ‘trying’ is what I former meant ). I was only a bit upset ( not sure about the translation ) , because yours seems realy a different issue and the context :slight_smile: … I realy hope all of these issues can be fixed within the code and the next update bring the solutions…

2 Likes

So, in 95% of all flights where I have opened the VFR map, I get a CTD after the flight is over. (VR)
If it helps anyone.

No 3rd party-, no hardware-, no network-, just an FS Bug.

is it only in VR ? Have you reported this within the VR category already ? Within these the issue come then may be better on top , and can compared by other users, as within this generall topic with focus on none-vr.

fly only VR. I am not reporting any more. Will be ignored anyway. Since January I have been waiting pointlessly for two absolutely primary points to be processed.

Hey Micha…das macht nicht. Hoffentlich, will have a solution soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

dont mix ZenDesk Reports with the issue reports here in the community :slight_smile:

ZenDesk is the official part and the issues are written into a database where developers analyse/check it. The issues in forum are for discussion / compare / etc… and may be finding workarounds…

The problems were reported by at least 20 people, voted by more than 50 here in the forum, the problem investigated, and postponed to a later time as unimportant.

Well, in “later times” other fathers also have beautiful daughters.

I only mentioned the VFR map here because it can be a temporary solution for one or the other.

1 Like

What does XMP mean?

When you install memory in a computer, there is a set of standard speeds / timings that will limit the performance of your memory. This standard is called JEDEC. This is why DDR4 memory speeds are in the form of DDR4-2133, DDR4-2400, DDR4-2666, DDR4-3000. These speeds are standardized and all memory manufacturers respect them.
Apart from JEDEC, there is another system that determines the speed of your memory: XMP. “The Extreme Memory” Profile (XMP) was originally created by Intel® and is now used by all memory manufacturers offering high performance desktop memory. Unlike the JEDEC standard, XMP speeds are much higher, and usually customized according to memory requirements. When purchasing XMP compatible memory, you should also equip yourself with an XMP compatible motherboard as well and a processor that supports memory speeds. Generally, XMP profiles must be enabled manually from BIOS settings.
If you install XMP memory in a non-XMP motherboard or the XMP option is not enabled, the memory will operate according to the JEDEC timings of the computer. With Ballistix® components this means that the memory speed can be lowered to the lower level. A pair of Ballistix Elite DDR4-3000 modules can operate at DDR4-2400 speeds if XMP profiles are not enabled, or 3000, but with lower latency.

(From the moment you increase the frequency of a component for me it’s overclocking) :smirk:

1 Like

and I would not discuss it here, because we run out of topic ( in a topic which is per se to big ) :rofl:

I know what XMP Profiles are and I’am such a old man, than I also know about the history and for what these profiles are created ( I owned the old PCs where one single fail in settings, was the worst case ) and that we need mainboard which can read the xmp profiles ( I assume in meanwhile can each mainboard/bios that ). And I also know it’s in meanwhile like a defacto-standard, but it’s still specified as overcloacking (therefore the links). Therefore exist these XMP profiles beside of the normal profiles, and in newer ones we have two kind of xmp profiles ( normal, and “brave” :wink: ). I also agree with all users which say that it normaly should works fine, if mainboard and RAM match. The only reason why I mention “overclocking” is the experiance from a lot of forum topics and that not less users had trouble with the xmp mode ( in special >3600 ) , and bring a bit attention to it.

And also yes… XMP profiles from a serios manufactor doesnt specify what the RAM is not able to do. As example: my RAM from Kingston have the XMP profiles which is same as the fastest JEDEC ( 2666, which is max JEDEC frequencie, but get different latency values ). ( There is no fancy 4000 with cas 99 profile in it , but of course I can try that manually ).

( and of course does normaly the user increase frequencies with the xmp profiles and on other side the wait cycles will be increased )

1 Like

I am also working with apps like Photoshop, Lightroom, Luminar, Aurora HDR, Capture One and other very memory intensive apps.

Chris, since you use Capture One, have you seen this?
[BUG LOGGED] CTD caused by Capture One 20 codec

I have Capture One 12, and renaming the DLL has eliminated 99% of my CTDs!

I’m surprised to read that you run the game under WinDbg. It has code to prevent execution when a debugger is detected. The only thing I noticed was allowed to run was the weather system - clouds were moving but nothing else.

If you want to track your issue, configure your system to generate a crash dump and then investigate it with the debugger.

In my case, more than 95% of the CTDs (I’m talking several per day) were caused by weak code in the CoherentUI library. Asobo finally fixed the issue with SU5. No more crashes - at least during flight.

I often have a CTD upon startup of the game. They have an new code issue in the main assembly when checking the process id for MSFS. I’m gathering data and will post for them to look into this.

As a gamer who played nearly 1000 hours on steam, I am really disappointed about Microsoft flight simulator’s “SDK” update on 7th of October 2021.

I am a gamer in United Kingdom, and My computer is Alienware M17 R4 4K with 10th i9 and RTX 3080

On 6th of October,

I challenged the largest range of A320 NX with Default setting but with Rynnair livery’s on it, I used the liveries before So I know it does no make any affect to crash.

But on the 7th of October 2021 I Launched my flight simulator and it stucked at the Xbox login detail period and the white circle at bottom right corner was stucked, and then crashed, I cannot even go to “check for updates” period.

Simply I just launch the game and passed those Asobo studio and Blackshark AI videos, and when I went the Xbox’s black box on the middle of your screen, I stucked, then I crashed, hope fully this will be fixed soon, and hopefully people from Asobo can reply this for explanasion or ways to fix

Welcome to the jungle…Guns n Roses!!

and you followed the advice and emptied community folder ?

Also , there are existing topics about a crash “with white circle” , " while login " ( the black box ) ( where a simple re-login may be helps ) , etc…

1 Like

Get rid of the liveries they still need an update.

2 Likes