Crash to desktop without error message

I would also be pleased if they could just disable the addon that caused the issue and show a report of the addons responsible just the way steam does. But noooo, you have to move them one by one; and I have lots of them. The following shows a list of my ctds, one of which was XPlane and one was FSRealistic which I have uninstalled. the XPlane one happened because I killed the process.

1 Like

I have now removed all the addons, so I’ll try the sim for a while without any addons.

The simple solution is rename community and create an empty community file next to it.
Drag over what you need for your flight and if it crashes just discard (or update) it and choose something else. There really is no need to waste hours by testing each mod.

1 Like

When I had issues, I kept halving my mods.

I split my mods into two halves, then flew with one half, then the other for a bit to see if I had issues. I was lucky that the crash I was investigating was a the type that was easily relatable. It took me less than half an hour to find the culprit.

If its more random than that, then it could take longer of course.

1 Like

That is time-consuming because you have to restart the sim each time, take a flight. As I said, it can happen at the menu, or on parking, taxing, takeoff, or even worse when you are on an approach and about to land. It is just a waste of time.

1 Like

The vast majority of mods weren’t even made for MSFS do you really expect Asobo to bugfix them?

Enjoy your wait

As I said, It also happened few minutes ago with an empty community folder. It is not just the CTDs, things that were working get broken, yesterday I wanted to fly the Beechcraft a350 and found out I needed to click on the mixture instead of using my controller or using the mouse to slide it.

Actually only a very few planes weren’t made for MSFS, and I don’t have them.

Hello,

Getting a lot (I mean like a very HUGE number) of CTDs since the release of WU6.
Practically, that means the sim will close without information from 10 minutes into the flight, sometimes later up to around 1 hour.

High rig setup, yada yada, you know the drill.

Long story short, I noticed the spinning thingy on the right lower part of the screen spins continuously whilst it did not before.
Asobo, can you look into it?

I wish for the possibility of opting out of any update if experiencing issues.

Would need to be offline only

Now that I don’t have any addons installed. Just tried the A320 and TBM930, found out that ATC is not working, and could not select any approach in mfd (TBM) and fmc (A320) - Broken as I complained in my last post. I’ll report these issues if there haven’t been any complaints. Perhaps, I need another long break from MSFS.

I also complained about starting the TBM by just turning the battery on, I guess this only happens in safe mode(I can understand that) because I could start normally without any addons so I take that back.

One good news though, no CTD during the two flights.

Here is a screenshot- not ATC, cannot select an approach, and no runway is selectable:

I’ll appreciate it if someone can point out what I’m missing.

I had to put back my addons, can’t try anything without them. Addons makes MSFS worth it and without them, no need to even hang around for default. This is a screenshot of the awesome workingtitle:

Can’t launch the game. CTD after the “CHECKING FOR UPDATES” screen. Never had this issue before ever. Community folder is empty.

there always commit charge peak before ctd, some time it can be with vram load peak some time with ram load peak, but always commit charge peak present

The commit charge peak is not informative. More informative items:

• Exception code.
  • Fault offset.
  • Faulting module path.

Even more informative, which MS/Asobo do not show:

• Error message or code.
  • Name or code of function, where fault is occurred (translated from Fault offset).

IMHO, it’s a bad decision not to show the error message.

1 Like

reload pc + change virtual memory from auto to 65000min 65000max

As many have mentioned here, I’m now convinced that 70% of the ctds I was having could come from the addons, whether directly interacting with them or not. The other 30% could be memory usage. Removing them helped. So now I’ve decided to load msfs with different pprofiles that can be created with addonlinker. This way only the plug-ins and add-ons required for that session will be loaded which can help save memory and easily detect the culprit of a ctd.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

1 Like
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001e07c80
Faulting process id: 0x1cf8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7dcb88a3e896c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

This thing even crashed will downloading today’s update. Not while flying or using addons or whatever. While the updater was running and happily downloading those 33.40GB. How awesome is that?

I can’t even boot the sim today, window appears and immediate CTD, event viewer shows 0xc0000005.

Tried about 20 times, same symptom, same error, every time. I use process lasso, have disabled it. I use MSI Afterburner, have disabled it. I use community add-ons, have removed them all. Literally cannot get the sim to even get to the loading screen.

Is this because servers are overloaded with people updating? or because the new app version itself is completely borked on my machine. So frustrating.

Alas,
My CTD is a result of a corrupted cloud profile and no way to reset it from a pc. They tell me I have to own a Xbox xs to reset the cloud profile. And even then I will keep my purchases but loose all “experience points”. Ok I have a pc. I’m told wait for a fix sometime in mid November. Did all the updates and still the only way to even play the basic install is to use my sons login. So frustrating