Crash to desktop without error message

Simple instructions? Use FS without any addon? FS has always been an open platform for addons… In my case Community Folder is almost empty. I only have TBM G3000 in it. So how can I troubleshoot my community folder? On WorkingTitle Discord channel there are opinions that it is Asobo problem with TBM and G3000. My FS also was CTD free until latest updates. So, something has changed in the code.

2 Likes

There it is again “I only have”

I do not know if my CTDs depend on FSEconomy, Vatsim or Navigraph (the only add on on my comm folder + WT CJ4).
Do you guys think one of these could be cause?

The done thing is to rename your community folder and create an empty community folder next to it (you can easily reverse this procedure after testing the sim). If you still get CTDs you may have to actually uninstall the mods that came with an installer because they still have files within the main install. And even that is no guarantee if you have previously just deleted such mods in the past meaning most likely a reinstall is needed to be certain. Otherwise it’s likely that your PC causes them (overclocks etc.)

I suggest you visit the sites for those apps first, they may have updates.

Any addon offered via MSFS Store should not cause the CTDs. As we are dealing with official platform, customers have every right to expect that expanding their sim by offered content won’t result in any CTDs.

FBW of course should be considered as external/risky element - out of scope for Asobo. However CRJs, Carenado’s, plenty of offered airport addons (or Garmin mentioned by @ Dazzall73 - if I recall correctly, it is a module available in MSFS store) are a different case.

What is concerning - SIM was quire free of CTDs earlier. It is a WIP and we should not exclude the possibility that some of solved problems caused another.

3 Likes

If you are flying the TBM, by emptying it. If you aren’t, and aren’t flying anything else with the G3000, then it probably doesn’t matter.

You can’t troubleshoot a potential community addon problem by having an “almost” empty Community folder. It’s either empty or it isn’t.

With empty Community folder the TMB works. With WT G3000 it crashes when switching the battery to ON. Didn’t try another aircraft which uses G3000 (is there any? KingAir uses G3X).
@CarRoztocz - as far as I know, only G1000NXI is an official MS Addon (via Store). G3000 is not.

1 Like

100% correct! Customers expect addons from the official platform to work!! Now, if you buy the addons to make your simulation better, and at a later date, it clashes with the updates…the customer is the loser.

On that note, Customers expect FS2020 to work too, and I think it would be right to state that the customer should not be spending hours trying to fix the product bought for a price. If that is the case, the product should clearly state it, and there are no hard feelings.

1 Like

Well said. In my case however the problem was clearly with WT G3000 addon (for TBM). Without it I managed to make 3 flights with no CTD. Sadly, G3000 is not an official addon. The same situation could be with A320 FBW. It’s not official (yet).

but you have to see the good message in it: you know whats the reason is and you can jump into the forum from the mod developer and ask for support or just report the issue. And may be it will be fixed or is just already a known issue and in progress.

I spent too much time on various forums after Update 5, looking for ways to resolve the CTD issue I experienced every time I loaded FS2020. Too much time spent on trying to fix the issue by following advice from fellow simmers here…but ultimately I could not fly anymore as FS2020 just would not go past the loading stage. So from flying regularly prior to Update 5, it was “no flight”.

So! I moved on…and am now loving full flights (short haul & Long haul) with NIL CTD’s and without having to worry about when the flight would crash…I am now using X-Plane. I agree, the FS2020 graphics cannot be compared, but the goal of flying is achieved with full satisfaction :slight_smile:

As Leonardo Da Vinci said…“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return”.

I am hopeful that MS and Asobo would ultimately fix the issue of CTD’s, and when that does happen…I would look forward to experiencing flight in FS2020 again.

2 Likes

restart pc, it’s some time help with other games, so may to help with this one

two same flights ctd, restart pc no problems, same situation with another game, end of 2021…

FYI: When I Power on My computer, I check & Install any MS Updates 1st, (…it Matters),…Then Run “Process Lasso”), & Occasionally Check for updates for Nvidia Drivers for my Graphics Card…( this matters too !),…then I Open “addons linker” & choose my Preset Scenery for 3rd party addons & LAUNCH the Sim,…all these steps have Helped Prevent CTD’s. Hope this is Helpful for everyone !!

be very carefully with it… it is a know trouble maker.

2 Likes

I quit for a while, too, after sim downgrade 2, and I was working on my real world instrument rating, so it didn’t matter. Finished my instrument two weeks ago, came back after SU6, and it’s a different sim. No CTDs. I get one or two pauses a flight, but I always have and they’ve never bothered me. Might want to give it another try.

If I must confess, it is really difficult to pinpoint what is working well in this sim. Everything is half-baked. I have never experienced so many CTDs and bugs in a game my entire life. XP also gets CTDs but I do spend quality time on it - flight planning, get in, fly, land, shutdown, and good night. But MSFS is a different story - flight planning, CTD, restart, flight planning n-times, then ready to taxi - CTD then restart, Now ready for takeoff, then you decide to admire the aircraft from external view, bang CTD, another restart, popup message; you must download an update from the store, then you try to download - no connection or data cannot be downloaded or asking for a CD when it actually was a store purchase, then you update windows, then repair store app - now you think it’s too late, get some sleep, next morning to work, back from work, then spend several hours resolving download issues. Now you think everything works, back to flight planning again, hurray now up in the sky, your heart pumping scared of another CTD, but luckily there is none, now you are approaching your destination, hit the approach button and suddenly your plane is turning back to where it came from and you’re asking yourself; but this was working a few days ago; even better ATC is nagging and threatening to go to 10000 feet - it goes on and on - the list is just too long, just wasting substantial part of your life trying to complete one trouble-free flight. This problem I mentioned here is not a joke. Sometimes MSFS works but most of the time it doesn’t.

I only had one wish which never came true - Stop breaking things that were working well. Now I have to click on the mixture knob in Beechcraft a350/Cessna 208 when I have a throttle quadrant. Something that has been working as long as the sim. Who starts a TBM930 just by tuning on the battery? I don’t care whether it was meant for Xbox because I did not buy an xbox version, this condition is not what I bargained for. The sim is almost useless to me because there is no plane I touch that isn’t broken. Addons should compensate for what the default sim lacks but instead you are asked to start in safe mode which just kills your joy of the sim. There is no way I would fly in safe mode, I rather go on XP.

5 Likes

A tacit admission that you believe your addons are at fault?

Have you tried flying without your addons for a few flights to see if your simulator is more stable?

Your long, descriptive post seems to indicate crashes are a regular occurrence for you, so it shouldn’t take long to work out if your addons are the cause of the instability.

It’s possible one is out of date, perhaps.

3 Likes

CTD happens too when nothing in the community folder. Few minutes ago I had one while selecting an aircraft in the menu.

1 Like

Bang on mate!

Too much time spent and waisted on trying to fix the product so that it might give what was promised. Extremely disappointing for people like me who upgraded their systems & software to ensure that FS2020 works well. It did work well for 07 months…it was fantastic! Made many addon purchases from the marketplace and not third party products and all was looking just dandy.

Then update 5 came and I never flew again. Several attemps made to uninstall / reinstall, remove files, empty folders etc, etc…but no change. It was dead! Then people said it must be my PC! Funny thing is that FS2020 ran like a dream for 07 months with NO CTD’s, and then after Update 5…game over…so hard to understand how my PC was at fault after Update 5.

Yes you can spend hours removing your addons one by one to see if it solves the problem…but is that what we bought FS2020 for? I bought it to FLY, cause I love serious Flight Simming…not to try and make it work.

Well…after almost 80 odd days days of being grounded, I purchased X-Plane and am loving it. Like you said…do your flight prep, flight planning, checklists and you have some good serious flying, which ends when you want it to end, and not surprise you with a CTD! Yes, the crisp FS2020 world is not there, but I fly and land , and I fly short haul, long haul…no problem. I’ve installed many addons (freeware and purchased) but no CTD’s experinced. So how the flippin hell can my PC be the problem??

Sad that some of us had to leave MS FS2020, but it was sheer desperation that led to it. Now I am loving X-Plane and have realised that it is a “Flight Simulator”, and not a “game”, which unfortunately FS2020 developed into…if you could get it to work!

3 Likes