Crash to desktop without error message

Here you can download and install it without using Geforce Experience. After install Geforce Experience show you the driver version you have installed. But it will keep alerting you to the fact that a newer driver is present.

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready-Treiber WHQL

EDIT: Sorry, wrong link posted. You’ll find it here:

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready-Treiber WHQL

Thanks for getting back to me but I cannot find any option on this page to download / roll back to a previous driver version; it only mentions version 497.09. I installed version 497.09 a few days ago and have suffered CTDs since then so need to go back to an older version.

You can record with gam bar?

If you have GeForce experience installed I recommend removing it, restarting your Pc and trying again.

1 Like

Yup Windows key + G

1 Like

You can find them here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

Under “Windows Driver Type,” select DCH.

DANG, thanks man!

its a try , but it will may be not help…

Much better would be , if @goalskii give the community more informations about it’s system, connected devices, installed apps which running in parallel/background ( e.g. we all remember stuff like CaptureOne ), also installed mods ( in special the mods! ), the error messages, what already tried to fix it, and on… just all info with which we can possible oracle some may-be-reasons :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can let windows roll back your driver for you too:

Driver Rollback Instructions | NVIDIA

It’s how I did it since I stopped keeping backup copies of each previous driver.

All this is interesting, but what does one do when your community folder is empty, you don’t have GForce experience installed, you still have default settings that have never been touched, and you’ve done most things here for the 100th time and still occasionally get CTDs? Does this mean I’m missing something or is this a developer/server issue? Where would I go from here? My guess, we accept the fact that MSFS2020 may always CTD for some of us?

Origin i9 10 core
RTX 3090
64Gb ram
496.76 driver
CTD start SU6
Community folder empty
No add on

Wonder how many user’s claims to have fixed the CTD issue and after sailing great for a while finally get another CTD but do not report?

So I’m here to just give a brief over-view of two consistent CTD’s I’ve noticed since the November update. First comes from today with an update of the GeForce driver 497.09:

CTD upon loading screen with certain airports. It’s not consistent, but once I get a CTD, the same CTD will happen every time, no matter what. A rollback seems to fix this, but that’s a band aid as we all know.

Second is from a bit earlier since the latest update:

CTD towards the landing leg of almost any flight. Very rare the game doesn’t crash upon trying to land. This is with virtually any aircraft I’ve flown.

Specs:
*i7-11700kf
RTX 3080
16 GB Ram @ 3200Mhz
Windows 11 Preview build: 22509

1 Like

Hello,

Had the same issue: constant CTDs with NVidia drivers 497.09.

• Fresh install / community folder empty.
  • GTX 1070 (Notebook)
  • Windows 11

Rolled back to 496.76 and it’s working fine now.

Thanks for the help!

5 Likes

Crash to Desktop in loading screen or crash after loading to airport 2mins later.
fresh install, empty community folder.
i7-12700k, 3080, 32GB Ram, Win11pro, nVidia driver 497.09.
Will try the previous version of nVidia driver and report you guys…

It seems the nvidia driver 497.09 caused my problem, too.
Back to 496.76 and it seems it is running smooth again.
Thanks god this forum is alive :smiley:

1 Like

Hello,

Just my 2cts, I experienced the same kind of CTD 75% of the time in approach, the only solution I found is : No interaction at all with the ATC

Can someone please say WHAT ■■■■■■■■■■■ WRONG WITH THIS GAME?

I do clean install for this ■■■■■■■ game downloaded ■■■■■■■ 100 GB, It went in first loading.
And I’ve installed the Updates form Content Manager, during that updates my game went to CTD.
Now I’ve tried 3-4 times and It ■■■■■■■ crashing before menu appears

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.21.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.21.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000092389d
Faulting process id: 0x4eec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7e93b86ade0d5
Faulting application path: M:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: M:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 03161d4a-9e58-4b21-aece-bb80d1dea0b3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID

changing signal on/off/add in usb port make game frozen, no ctd, just saw my mouse blinking red lost charge, i connect it to wire for charging and game freeze no response…

Do you have anything in your Community folder that might be doing this? It would be worth renaming it as a quick way of eliminating third party content asa cause.

This app CTDs with nothing in community folder!

Any overclocks? Also, some have reported crashes with a recent Nvidia driver release.