Crash to desktop without error message

Having nothing in the Community folder is no guarantee. Any mods that came with an actual installer are suspect as are any that required you to place files within the official folder. Marketplace purchases are not exempt either but at least they are likely to show up in Known Issues.

Yep, was the Nvidia Driver for me, uninstalled and got the previous one from the Nvidia website, now works a charm again. Really glad I spent about 2 days trying everything under the sun and it was that simple haha. Classic Flight sim :confused:

3 Likes

Even the highly tuned rock of a PC I play on I got hit by that driver … my guess is you need to have tractor simulator installed on your system for it to work or something :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe they can add Tractor sim as an update? This could be the answer! LOL

Sorry, I thought you were serious about finding the root cause.

Good luck to you.

Yep, totally the Nvidia driver 497.09 caused my problem.
Back to 496.76 and it seems it is running smoothly again.

Great work community!

2 Likes

Nothing in Community folder and it was fresh install, also rollbacked he driver and still CTD at fitst loading

1 Like

No CTD on playing with Safe mode.

MSFS CTD is now acknowledged by NVIDIA on 497.09

[DX11]Microsoft Flight Simulator may crash to desktop during gameplay [3454519]
[DX11]Microsoft Flight Simulator may intermittently display purple artifacts on the ground textures [3454530]

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/476666/geforce-49709-grd-feedback-thread-released-12121/

1 Like

I believe it is in the NCP settings we use. I think it is the Threaded Optimization set to anything other than auto as reinstalling the drivers seems to fix it until I got into NCP to “optimize”.

1 Like

The only way to avoid CTD is to use DX12, too bad that, at least for me, DX12s are a Stutterfest.
If you are interested, in a year the only thing that load CTD for me is the Live Wheater, apart from that I have never seen one

Thanks for this. To be honest I was venting as much as anything else. I spent a good few weeks trying all the suggestions I could find on these forums and youtube videos. I then spent another four weeks back and forth with zendesk, trying all their suggestions. I sent error logs etc to them. Nothing has worked. The sim, even in safe mode, crashes to desktop on almost every single flight. This occurs always after a couple of hours and most of the time within 20 mins. I think I am gonna have to pay for someone to look at my PC.

I do not record my flying at all. Is geforce experience still likely to be the problem?

would only mention that you have here a bigger community , and collection of experiance with MSFS, than a support team can ever handle. The support team also get the feedback from this community. Therefore I mention that it might be good thing to give also the community the detailed infos and with bit luck there is a user which have an idea… the last nvidia driver issue is a good example :slight_smile:

To me this looks like it could be important … but now I’ve already rolled back I’ll leave it to others to test.

1 Like

I reset NCP to defaults then closed it and havent had a crash in like 4 hours

3 Likes

Hi everyone.
If you have problems with the new 497.09 driver like I had with the included CTD, you can try the following.
Better drivers.
(the download is done from the official website)
I have the 2080ti WF and I installed Nvidia driver 442.59
Possibly the best driver for the 10 and 20 series

https://simracer.es/los-tres-mejores-drivers-de-nvidia/

I hope I can help.

1 Like

I have no issues with the latest nvidia driver and may be its because I not ‘tweak special settings’ in NCP ( to get 0.5fps more )… And seems this match with :

Same here! I don’t get it…

I do not want more FPS companion.
I want stability
I don’t want blue squares on the ground
I don’t want CTD
and of course I have not touched any of the configuration.