Crash to desktop without error message

Virtualisation is on by default for my MSI B550m board so check yours too… Off is definitely the better option for MSFS.

Will have a look at that cheers

1 Like

Just installed the latest Australia world update. Trying out the Brisbane landing challenge. 300 feet to go and CTD. Also, after the update was installed, the launcher just crashed. Anyone else?

Possibly a scenery mod in your community or official folder, as yet devs haven’t had time to test fully since the WU

old friend back
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll, version: 30.0.15.1165, time stamp: 0x61f3973c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001b9769
Faulting process id: 0x2fd8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d81a7e153d6790
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.22.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_31a2adf8c49e7799\nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll
Report Id: 6bd43d68-a9cf-4aaf-a73f-33c710fb2e00
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.22.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

the easiest test-case related to sound-issues you can do , is to disable windows audio services.

and you not again done manuall settings , e.g. as your former setting with custom GPU fan-curves with help of Afterburner ? :wink:

yes, but before was ok with that, couple a days set hags on, may be the cause, just flew without hags, around kfll-kmia all that place, then move my corsair to climb by keys west and landing on keyw, so it’s get some time, and no problems
btw, so long don’t look at af settings, who knows what settings, custom fan curve on or off… just check it, yes, manual settings for fans
hahaha keys west mean florida keys hehehe

Been there…done that…and now on X-Plane! Totally understand your frustration.

1 Like

Same problem for me. Ever since WU7 I’ve been ctding. Mine seems to happen when I click on a switch or button in the cockpit with my mouse. Did a full clean reinstall (took hours) and the first click on the battery button ctded me. I’m grounded right now! This sucks big time! Only occasionally ctd before.

4 Likes

there is no “but”… if you made your fans slower, it runs out of the specs which the manufactor configured that the GPU works stable. It is not recommended and we not need to think about a possible issue in-game :slight_smile:

1 Like

I read all your posts, and I’m sorry for some, but in view of the number of forums and problems, FS2020 is simply not optimized!
All my other games (read dead redemption2, cyberpunk 2077, battlefront 2, star wars fallen orden… and again more !
), all without exception runs in 4k at home and 70fps. No crash, no desktop return, no desktop reset.
With FS, I have at least 3 CTDs during the day!!! always a buggy plane, the velocity for example absolutely refuses to work! and I’ve been building my PCs for 20 years now, I’ve just never seen that!..

this isnt what we discuss here… Nobody tell that the game is free of bugs/issues , just that a lot of people ( incl. me ) can play the game without a CTD. We here try to find solutions, workarounds, hints / … for users which run into issues so that they can futuremore play. If in discussion a in-game issue is determined the developer will fix it ( hopefull all users create ZenDesk tickets ).

Thinks like OC , manuall hardware settings which let run hardware out of specs, etc. is nothing related to MSFS and our hint for that is allways : revert OC and use manufactor settings. Or in case of pc-cooling issues, limit the fps ( which is good idea in each case ).

If you have an issue with a specific “buggy airplane” which cause CTD ( this is the topic here ) you can raise a new topic, also for third-party-mods exist a category.

1 Like

Asobo know the problem with velocity… since 3 months ! and already nothing for example…

Please keep this thread on topic and specific to CTD problems. Other issues, such as aircraft problems, should be discussed in an existing thread - or a new one if you can’t find one that discusses the issues you’re having.

wha?! lol, what the case do fans slower? in default my temp about 80 with my curvature 70

I turned off VT-d and MultiCore Enhancement and was still getting crashes, however I now also turned off XMP and it appears to be stable, left a long flight running for 8 hours now. RAM is on QVL for my MB so I really wasn’t expecting that to make a difference, given XMP is supposed to be validated.

I will try re-enable VT-d and MCE and see how it goes. Bit bummed if I can’t use XMP though, what’s the point of buying good RAM in that case. Already bummed I bought 32GB when MSFS released and then they somehow reduced the memory usage to the point 16GB is plenty. Wish there was an option to allow it to use more RAM if it increased performance.

Halving your ram would be drastic but depending on whether your ram is single or dual rank your XMP profiles will probably be solid on just two slots (but make sure they are the ones preferred by your motherboard manufacturer).

1 Like

Yeah I only have two DIMMs anyway, and yes they are in the correct slots. I also did a memtest previously with XMP enabled and no issues. Haven’t had issues with any other apps, and MSFS was running without issue up until WU7.

I guess it’s always possible to replicate your XMP timings manually and then tweak them down a notch however that’s not a job for the faint hearted, a fair bit of reseach is needed.