Crash to desktop without error message

Of course but it’s not definitive solution. I really hope SU8 will solve all those CTD. But this way, I can play confidently in between.

1 Like

Sorry, but I have to say it. How asinine is getting a crash without a proper error message so you can troubleshoot the issue? I’ve been trying to overlook these problems since launch, but it’s getting **** old.

in case you get a ctd you can post the message which you can find within the windows event viewer.

after 340 hours of flying, I got CTD on startup suddenly today…

No mods in community folder
Windows updated
Try either offline and online, still crash
No any flight joystick installed
Check language and time in system, no luck

Would complete reinstall helps?

First thing to try is navigate to your Rolling.CCC file and delete it

Only as a last resort, as a reinstall can cause a lot of issues.
Also, your settings are kept in the cloud, and will be restored when you re-install.
As DensestSnail693 said, first thing to do now is delete the rolling cache file, then trying to start.

I’ve already deleted my rolling cache. I do it every time before loading in. I have rolling cache turned off, but I still delete it. I knew a few people who have had this recent issue, and a reinstall hasn’t fixed anything.

1 Like

Update, wound up unintstalling the game and deleting all game files from hard drive and cleaning out registry and what not, for good measure I even deleted all of my saitek drivers and stuff too and hunting and deleting all files associated with saitek and reinstalled game and downloading game files so currently its as plain as vanilla ice cream.

Did same airport/plane/date/time and graphics settings, again no overclocks and got a CTD.😵‍💫

As per a suggestion somewhere on this thread I think, I lowered my FPS to 30 and bumped all the settings to ultra…
And guess what?

NO CTD, passed with flying colors…
Hmm, I guess 60 FPS is too much…

1 Like

Another update, I enabled XMP in BIOS, no problems! Passed with flying colors again.

1 Like

Reading through this again I suspect your gpu is struggling, I remember there were some EGVA cards that had a soldering issue they got a lot of RMAs. Better case cooling might help.

1 Like

Hi,
I still have ctd’s randomly (xbox). Im in the beta of simupdate 8:
On my first flight in the sim there are no problems at
all. But after restart a new flight anywhere i go, either it is on the beginning on a flight
or at the ending on flights (especially on approaches). For me it’s no difference, like if I delete Rolling Cache,
turn off live weather, live traffic, deleting scenery, etc. It doesn’t matter.
At the moment the only solution I have, is to restart the sim after one flight. (flying on worldmap)

There’s a definite problem when Xbox is used with Hotas and a workaround involving a hard reset, even if you don’t have the same set up it might be worth following the advice as closely as you can.

Thrustmaster Hotas on Xbox CRASH - Sim Update 8 Beta Testing / Hardware - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I’m using only the xbox controller

and no other devices like mouse, keyboard etc.

Ah that’s different then … try switching controller profile to default, use it, unplug it and after restarting your system plug it back in and revert back to your own settngs once in MSFS. Test each function individually and if they don’t work flawlessly re- assign and re- validate them.

Sorry, I can’t follow. I have no problems with my controllersettings. my question is, what is the solutions for CTDs.

There are multiple possible reasons so finding out what’s causing them is usually what’s best. I suggest you follow the recommended steps on the Zendesk support page.

or could be the problem a double occupancy ?

I have as much idea as you do but unless others are reporting that problem then I doubt it. You should make sure that both are showing the same version of MSFS (if in the beta)

Sorry,
but I don’t know what you mean with “both are showing the same version” ?