Crash to desktop without error message

Well, they wrote a day before releasing the patch “if the issue persists, feel free to message us again” - I didn’t interpret that as “you’ll have to open a new ticket”. Obviously a misunderstanding on my part.

I’ll just wait for the next patch, no more troubleshooting.

Why I’m not surprised? They also updated the “known issues” for the next patch and our problem is still missing.

Experiencing similar CTD without errors as other mentioned in this thread. I’ve never had it crash during loads or in the main menus, however it always crashes after a random period of time during actual game-play anywhere from 2mins to 45mins in. I’ve tested it on 2 desktops and 1 laptop, the CTD occurs on all 3. It appears to happen more quickly during training or challenge missions, free flight seems slightly more stable.

4 Likes

That is definitely correct. For many users this is happening. Game launches normally with the integrated but not with the dedicated. That’s a very frustrating thing. We don’t have the solution for it and they don’t seem to be wanting to deal with our problem. Support is very unresponsive, and when it responds, it sends automated messages that really don’t help in any way.

The aplha and beta phase was a joke

2 Likes

hadn’t mention yesterday, when crash happens, i notice on muse indicator less than 50% charging color/position legend, and as i mention, i have this error only once first day i flight the simulator, mouse is g903(old model one, i don’t really remember how they calls. new have just a little worst sensor and much more charging time)… and have to say about developers/tester mention - “disable two or more usb devices” i think they had to say, complex device like hotas and some gaming mouse can be identify by system as multi usb device… so i must be that was accident, and my mouse was drop charge less than 50% first time when i flew… btw, when i start today msfs, my mouse was charging, then i disable it in the menu, then connect receiver to cable, and couple of seconds menu was untouchable… any way we need some more test it, don’t go, this game/sim worth it

Have any of you tried changing the page file to manual and setting it to your RAM? i.e.

If you have 16gb of Ram then you would need to set the minimum to 16000 and a max of 18000
if you have 32gb of Ram then you would need to set the minimum to 32000 and a max of 34000

2 Likes

agreed…they marked my crash report as solved even though it hasn’t been so I reopened my request with a new report

I just set mine to 26000 and it still crashes. No other game I have does this

Well the newly launched update does not solve my UCRTBASE.DLL crash to desktop problem. I am really desperate. :frowning:

Test Flight 4

This time over Tokyo around midday and my oh my the views, i was getting constant 35fps with small dips here and there. Again no crashes when landing or taking off.

It’s a shame that the page file hasn’t worked for you guys

Take a look at this !!!

1 Like

Have you tried to uninstall the VS C++ 2015-2019 Libraries and then reinstall them? That file is related to that.

Yep several times. :slight_smile: No change. Uninstalled restarted installed. Removed tried without them. Crazy :slight_smile:

nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll, version…

Are there any stand alone VS C++ 2015 Libraries (not the bundled VS C++ 2015-2019 Libraries)
So like: VS C++ 2015 or VS C++ 2017? If so, uninstall those as it’s redundant. If you do have them, it’s best to remove also the VS C++ 2015-2019 Libraries and reinstall that so that it registers the updated bundle.

I had this problem with multiple VS C++ 2015 Libraries which caused CTD’s. (for me, what was installing just the 2015 standalone, was Corel products (although other programs may too). And not just 2015 but any between the range of 2015-2019.

This Crashing is getting crazy, I’ve been a few days now trying all manner of things and now i’ve managed to get to a point where i can do a custom flight and fly for anything between 45minutes+ but when i come to finish the flight and press escape bang…crash and computer restarts. Its the same with flight challenges every time i restart a challenge…crash again. I can run ultra settings on my pc @ 45fps and no other game i have ever crashes like this has. It nearly always crashes when i hit escape.

1 Like

I put in a ticket yesterday for CTD where my display driver stops responding after a few minutes in the flight. First week I could fly for hours on end with no issue and now it’s constant CTD even while getting a smooth 40-50fps. Tried just about everything from graphical to data settings, rolled back nvidia driver, etc. Nothing has worked and this new patch hasn’t done anything for this issue. What’s odd is how inconsistent it had been up until now. I can barely start taxiing before it CTD. Do any of you have this error in the system event logs when a CTD happens?

“Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.”

Request #47100 CTD - Display driver stopped responding

Test flight 5

This time in more populated area, frames were between 15-25fps there were some stutters but very minor. duration was a 30 min flight as the crash normally happens in the first 15-20 mins. no CTD and was able to fly and land.

Really wanted to see if it would crash but nothing, very odd that now for me it working fine but for others still the same problem. even stressing the GPU in heavy populated areas no exception errors and the VRAM used never went beyond 5gb.

I reset windows before the patch an d I was able to fly a little bit longer… After the patch its crashing to desktop even before I can take off. WTF::::::::

Try to fly at very low altitude over big buildings and cities to provoke a CTD.