Crash to desktop without error message

i have couple of crash at key west north east, about same place when i flight to kmia or from kmia…,

My game crashes to desktop whenever I try to start a custom flight. Flight school works, bush flights work, just not custom… sometimes I at least get the map of the airport with the circle indicating my range, but that’s it… no way to play.

You’re right… since i have my GPU temp under control by MSI Afterburner and start MSFS as Administrator, no more CTDs or BSODs…

somebody say it’s can be problem, so i stop use afterburner, without it temp is 81* with afterburner at my settings 77(ambient 27) only one different for me is at default settings it’s not ■■■■ dust like crazy 81* for my gpu is not big deal as 84 is default temp of throttle

1 Like

I’ve been having similar problems with crash to blue screen/re-boot. They have been random, but they happen every time I play, even after the update. Today I got on, and let the AI fly from Seattle to Portland. As I was monitoring the system the CPU usage jumped from 20-30% up into the 70s and the total CPU usage went from the 30s up to over 100% usage. The game crashed at that point. I did it again and brought up a full set of data including processor temps. My processor was getting hit with temp spikes of 100C. I believe that the thermal paste is ■■■■, and the processor is crashing due to over temps. I have new paste coming in the mail. (Noctura NT-H1). When I built the machine I didn’t really know squat and used the OEM paste on the water cooler. Lesson learned. I’m hoping this will fix the problem. GPU temps and usage were not a problem with a 1080Ti. In fact it wasn’t even using all the GPU memory or horsepower. The CPU on the other hand was periodically getting just hammered on every single core and the temps were out of control. (I7 8700K) with a generic overrclock form the ASUS BIOS. I honestly never considered the CPU temp because I am running water. Now I am digging into it and finding out my assumptions were bad.

So… today I have had my first successful flight… After many diagnostic tests, I found my GPU was being throttled due to high temperatures. I modified the GPU fan profile using MSI Afterburner, so the GPU doesn’t get hot enough that it gets throttled and therefore the game doesn’t crash.

Flt Sim needs to be able to handle GPU throttling without crashing. I have replied to my Zendesk ticket with my findings… I hope this is able to help some of you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

CTD minutes ago after installing update.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f467af2
Faulting module name: CoherentGTJS.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5e96d983
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000006ba380
Faulting process id: 0xb08
Faulting application start time: 0x01d682422f2511dc
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\CoherentGTJS.dll
Report Id: cb7c42bc-f852-4f52-92ee-8c56cce0e8f0
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

2 Likes

Did you have a system error messages in the Event Viewer logs at the time of crashing?

Did you get a system error message in the Event Viewer at the same time, not just an application message?

Hello,

I have been getting fairly constant CTD when I select “Restart Flight”, occasional CTD when selecting “Return to Main Menu” which is after a flight is complete (point A to B with the “credits”), and occasional CTD during the middle of flights. I’ve tried everything i could find on the internet to fix, but haven’t had any luck, even after re-installing the game.

My setup is modest, but is above the minimum they list on the website.
Asus ROG GU501GM
I7-8750H @ 2.2GHz, 2208MHz, 6 Core
Nvidia GTX 1060
16GB RAM

Anybody else experience this?

Thanks!

Not that I have noticed.

Troy

I’m finding I’m getting a lot of CTD after huge flights. I’ve done many 10hr+ flights only for it to crash anywhere between 2mins from landing to 1hr from landing - almost always. It almost never crashes during the flight or on take off. I’ve limited my FPS to 30 in the nVidia control panel to rule out my GPU being stressed (Running a GTX1080Ti), also running the latest nvidia drivers. My CPU is running cool at around 60 degrees and only 40% utiised (i7 8700K). I don’t believe its my system as it’s rock solid during other intensive games or when I’m stressing it out in other applications (mostly running multiple VMs at the same time for work testing).

Is this a known bug as I can reproduce it almost every time? I’ve had so many flights/flight hours not be recorded due to this issue :frowning: it’s starting to get really frustrating now as all the time I’ve put in isn’t counting towards achievements.

The event log just has a generic error:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f467af2
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.423, time stamp: 0xed02c0bc
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x00000000000c9212
Faulting process ID: 0x1234
Faulting application start time: 0x01d681f8ff1e5d0f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 4fad0fc7-b93f-4c0d-87ee-6ff67e89de38
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

We need more votes to push this all the way up. we dont care about accurate weather right now, a fix to CTD

5 Likes

Custom flights are crashing when hitting the fly button. Scenarios are at least launching. Crash after 1 to 10 minutes. I´ll come back in 6 months. This is a waste of time.

That says it all. This game is in alpha phase.

I don’t even care about the autopilot bugs, etc at the moment as I can work around them for the most part. But the CTD’s are infuriating when I’ve spend 10+hrs on a flight only for it to crash so close to landing.

I’m doing a full re-install at the moment, don’t have much hope but worth trying… 40/95GB done…

1 Like

I have good results by throtteling back my GTX2080Super to 85% , switching off the first two processors of my I9 and keeping AI Traffic at 0 (zero). Live traffic is not a problem but AI traffic at only 5% causes CTD’s.

Here is my most recent CTD.

Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.423, time stamp: 0xccf6a09c
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007284e
Faulting process id: 0x1474
Faulting application start time: 0x01d682a6df2cd8c4
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 65301e9f-e835-47ca-9db8-8617b8d186ff

I have exactly the same problem at the end of flights, challenges seem worse and if i change weather in mid flight now… bang crash again.

Same issue here, I followed every step of the troubleshooting guides and nothing solved the problem. Dxdiag found no problem. I hope they’re working on our problem even if it isn’t listed in the “known issues”. I have to say I’m really disappointed.