Crash to desktop without error message

The reason i uninstalled and reinstalled Xplane. Im done

4 Likes

Apparently many of us have the same problem. I think all of us contacted support through zendesk. I’m disappointed that we don’t have a response from them, at least telling us that our issue is being addressed and that they are working on it.

I contacted support and they told me it’s supposed to be fixed with the update, I didn’t have any CTD since I updated MSFS 2020.
I had this CTD when flying over big cities like New York before the update, will do some testing to see if it’s really fixed for me.

Unfortunately I installed the update but the problem remains the same. If the update fixed your issues, great !!! Enjoy your flights !

After the update I am still getting CTD at random points, here is some from event viewer

The program FlightSimulator.exe version 1.7.14.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 2660
Start Time: 01d6823481b3698e
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: \?\Volume{44c0857e-3482-0803-21d4-7503ed1d9a12}\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 53f58578-f38c-460f-b009-c1323cd1db7f
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
Hang type: Unknown

CTD’s are not even in their next patch list. what do you except ?

all my crashes there with that cod too, and i have not use dep, antivirus and uac, all disabled… and this code not about admin right access but access to files, thread, handle, and other things like that, what most of time drop to ram and can not reading with bad coding or and bad hardware

So ive tried many things to replicate my previous CTD and nada even increased the render scaling to 150%, frames were awful but no ctd, flew over NY frames dropping below 15fps whilst unplayable still no CTD.

All ive done is update to latest Windows 10 2004, page file update, this was before the new patch. This is also on boost clocks as its a 5700 with an xt bios flash, therefore my clocks are 2000mhz with 1820 ram clocks, also check that ms in task manager is set to affinity on the 0 core as its now using all threads.

I’ve just received an answer from zendesk. It’s just ridiculous, they told me to upload and install the last update. I did it two days ago and it didn’t solve my problem…And I told them… Please, microsoft, asobo, do your job… take care of your customers. Your answer is just UNACCEPTABLE. Remember I (we) paid a certain amount of money for a sim THAT DOESN’T WORK.
I hope they will answer me more seriously, quickly.

1 Like

Well after a couple weeks of not playing this game due to CTD, I thought I’d try the game with the new patch. Same issue, crash in the loading screen before I even get to the main menu.

At first I never experienced CTD problems.
Then I did have some CTDs problems when I refreshed my BIOS , note that I switched windows from first to third in my boot menu at startup. (Windows hate that)
Now everything seems to work fine. I added some allowed memory from the ingame menu. It was 20 GB, seems like quite not enough for this kind of game. (go figure)
Hope that helps anyone out there peace.

Hey guys, how many of you who use the game pass version? I notice that all of my friends who got random ctd while inflight is using the game pass version, and the one who buy it at windows store or steam didnt get any ctd. Im curious if its the issues.

I too have been experiencing crashes to a re-boot for 2 of the last 3 weeks. The initial week was relatively stable but week 2 on, the program would crash to re-boot almost every time when trying to start a free flight from the globe option. Training, challenge and navigation options had far fewer crashes on startup but almost always crashed when exiting the option or program.

Have tried many of the suggestions made here (eliminating overclocks, upping the cashes, increasing the pagefile, etc, etc. etc.) None have eliminated the problem. I would suggest a simple spreadsheet interface until this can be fixed. It won’t be pritty but should work.

I have one week left on my xbox trial. If not fixed by then, I am out of here until who knows when. What a shame!

1 Like

Tried for several weeks but never got more than ten minutes before crash. Got to the point where the disappointment was greater than worth it. Going back to more reliable platform. Maybe come back someday when this platform is ready for the average user.

2 Likes

try more cpu voltage with 4.3 and up

Guys vote up so it can make it to the next patch list

random crash (to desktop, no errors) on a 320 night flight.

Nome dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: FlightSimulator.exe, versione: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x5f467af2
Nome del modulo che ha generato l’errore: nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll, versione: 27.21.14.5206, timestamp: 0x5f34699f
Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005
Offset errore 0x0000000000ca48c0
ID processo che ha generato l’errore: 0xb9c
Ora di avvio dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: 0x01d683bb7e3fcbfa
Percorso dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l’errore: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdi.inf_amd64_aadb297915f8b5a1\nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll
ID segnalazione: 09c3d0cf-3bca-4634-b65e-bbbfa6676870
Nome completo pacchetto che ha generato l’errore: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
ID applicazione relativo al pacchetto che ha generato l’errore: App

Not true. I have store version and keeps crashing.

1 Like

I’ve had this same exact problem with the 787. Fiddling with the FMC in the manner you describe causes a CTD with no error messages. Also happens when on final prior to flare and occasionally after takeoff clearance.

I flew a few flights and messed around a bit at my local airport with AI traffic, all ground traffic, and all water traffic turned off. No issues for the several flights I flew when attempting to CTD when pressing “restart” or “main menu” at end of flight. Turned AI General Aviation traffic to 50% and got a CTD when pressing “restart” at end of flight. Gonna try all non aviation traffic up and see what happens along with live traffic at some point.