Crash to desktop without error message

update us :slight_smile:

I had 35 hours multiple flights in a row and 3.5+ hour flights before update never had an issue.

After the update I’ve tried 4 300+nm flights, all three have CTD without a message same event viewer as OP. Two crashed after finishing the flight and choosing exit to main menu and the other two crashed mid flight.

This just started for me after update.

For some reason I can jump in a plane, fly a circuit and land and exit to desktop without crashing, but any length of flight (they’ve all been around 300nm) maybe around the 1.5-2 hour mark CTD.

Obviously no progress is saved, so no flight log or achievements.

5 Likes

Same with my system I never had this problem of whatever CDT or crashes to desktop I only have one issue that bugs me out is this low FPS with my system that worth over 3k in pounds now since I installed the FS2020 all fine except bad optimisation in cockpits of airliners and poor FPS , but I’m sure that lots of people that having this problem of CDT or whatever that is overheating or not this must be looked and fixed or by end few weeks or perhaps month there will be no players to buy or play FS, that I can tell and no need to be magician

i notice some strange things, if game go stable it stay stable, any change in system or in the settings - go bum and bang bang

Quality post, thanks.

Another few Days of testing and i can manage to fly for a few hours now no problems, all the crashes happen when i try to return to the main menu or press the pause button. I get no overheating or framerate drops on high to ultra settings it keeps at a constant 40+fps. So weird definitely a software problem i would say. How can so many users on youtube not experience any problems are they using pre release Beta test copies.

Same issue as the others here:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.7.14.0, time stamp: 0x5f467f35
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.7.14.0, time stamp: 0x5f467f35
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000013e8022
Faulting process id: 0x5a14
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6847afcfc0a15
Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 0220fe9a-297e-4c7b-ac8c-603061c550fe
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Exactly the same here, so far

So since the patch, I have a new crash issue - AFTER I finish flying for an hour or two, I can close the sim, reload my email and web browser and just generally use my computer for other stuff. Within an hour after closing FS2020, my system will lock up hard - the mouse cursor and screen display will freeze. Keyboard and mouse input is ignored and the only thing you can do is a press-and-hold force shutdown of the machine, then booting up again afterwards. The Windows Event Viewer doesn’t show anything obvious except the complaints generated by the system after rebooting that the previous shutdown was unplanned.

1 Like

Is the XBOX app still running? Look in the task tray and close it.

This is so ridiculous im reading the comments and it seems like Microsoft expected us to be IT experts to fix the game issues ourselves how can they release a game with issues like this . I’ve bought the cd version and i have the problem of crashing to desktop whenever i try to load the game I’ve only managed to see the main menu once so this is definitely a bug .
As much as i was excited and proud of what they’ve made im so disappointed now i have paid so much money for a game that I haven’t even played for 1 minute …

6 Likes

Nome dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: FlightSimulator.exe, versione: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x5f467af2
Nome del modulo che ha generato l’errore: FlightSimulator.exe, versione: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x5f467af2
Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005
Offset errore 0x0000000000e20ea7
ID processo che ha generato l’errore: 0x278
Ora di avvio dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: 0x01d68468c69a0c2f
Percorso dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l’errore: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
ID segnalazione: 2bdadbcd-2807-44b9-bc51-8276e05f90af
Nome completo pacchetto che ha generato l’errore: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
ID applicazione relativo al pacchetto che ha generato l’errore: App

4th crash of the day

Having the same issue, tried all of the workarounds but nothing has worked so far. The crashes seem to be happening at random, but only mid-flight (not in the menu) and usually after 15 mins to 1 hour. Really frustrating. This needs to be made a priority.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.7.14.0, time stamp: 0x5f467f35
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1, time stamp: 0x84d2d982
Fault offset: 0x000000000012ebd0
Faulting process ID: 0x13d4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d684992fd8226d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
Report ID: 3f25a1dc-7038-4e0e-bb77-dbab9e48f652
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

3 Likes

I generally leave the XBox app running, since it uses next to no system resources sitting in the taskbar tray, so it probably was running in the case of my prior crashes.

As it happens, I got an email notification of your reply while I was flying (night flight along the French coast from Nice to Monaco and back - lovely ) so when I quit for the evening I closed the Xbox app. So far no crash after about 30 minutes. fingers crossed

I have found closing it helps but not 100% sure that’s the cause because it’s always faulting on the GPU. So either MSFS isn’t fully releasing resources or the XBOX app keeps that resource active.

That is a pretty area there. I like flying the Icon around Monaco.

1 Like

It sure is - I decided to try it today after seeing a Youtube video of someone else flying around there during the day. I have discovered a love of night-time flying around urban areas in this sim - either just before dawn, or just after sunset. The lighting of the sky, distant clouds, and cityscapes is amazing.

P.S. It’s been a hour and no system crash so you might well be onto something about the Xbox app. Thanks again!

I notice my chances of CTDing while in windowed mode are about 80-90%, while if I do it fullscreen it’ll only crash 30-40%

No they dont care. They focused on fixing ATC and stupid live weather instead fixing this major issue. This error is around here since day 1 and still no fix from microsoft or asobo.

3 Likes

Hi all,
I came here from the Dreadful performance thread. I also experience CTDs every time I play. Filed a bug report in Zendesk and attached 4 crash reports already.

After reading your replies and some replies from a FB group I thought there could be 2 factors causing this: overheating or XBox app. I tried two things recently to fight both. Usually I had XBox Game bar on with performance graph meter. I switched it off and additionally I opened my PC case to allow better heat dissipation. I could play almost 3 hoours. I could never play that long before. I decided to try what happens when I open XBox Game bar again. And it crashed after ca 30 minutes. So I switched it off. Then I tried to close my PC case again and watch the temps. The CPU and GPU got warmer indeed as expected, although not too much: CPU temp gained 5 C and GPU more less the same. It crashed also after abut 30 minutes.
My CPU temp during gampeplay is about 70 C and GPU 65 C when the case is closed. When It’s open the CPU temp goes down to 65 C and GPU to 58-60 max.

I don’t think the temps cause this, but the fact is that I could play hours when I opened my case. Previously an hour was the maximum. After the first crash previously I could play for about 30-40 minutes and it crashed again more and more often.
So the evidence isn’t clear enough to say it’s the heat that cause this, although it may increase the chance of the crash. Same for the XBOx game bar.

However I also noticed that my PSU gets really warm and keeps its fan spinning at maximum when I play. Both with opened and closed case. Perhaps it has something to do with these crashes then. Perhaps the power becomes not stable enough to keep the gameplay running. Not sure, but I ordered a new PSU with a higher wattage (curently have 500W and ordered 650W). The current PSU should provide enough power without any problem as the whole PC consumes about 370W, so there’re still spare 130W, but it makes more noise than my PC case, CPU and 3 GPU fans altogether. So I decided to replace it to a much better one and also quieter one, which is Gold rating (the current one hasn’t got any rating).

Let’s see if the better PSU changes something. I’ll share my observations with you.

PS. I’ve got no OC enabled for anything, just the factory boost CPU clock (3.8 GHz for my i5-3670K). The CPU does not engage any thermal throttling

1 Like

Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category
Error 8/20/2020 11:37:20 AM Application Error 1000 (100) “Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f2ed221
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f2ed221
Fault offset: 0x00000000015d3154
Faulting process id: 0xfb4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d676c0bb1f3488
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 33c9d058-5ddf-41fc-83d6-69d1ede60a2e
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App”