Crashes back to Xbox Series X Desktop

2x CTD’s today both during loading an IFR flight from the flight planner. Both several hours apart from each other. It’s so unpredictble when these happen. I’ve started a log of them. :slightly_frowning_face:

Since I’ve turned off all traffic, live and AI, had no CTDs.

Wish I could say the same.
Turned everything off and for the 4th time flew TPA-LGA in the a320n but each and every time, 30miles form the apron bang goes the panels…Blank!!
This time however the game didn’t crash the aircraft just flew in a straight line as it had disengage from the FPL.
Nice way to waste two days game time. Fly for over 8hrs and crash 10mins before the money shot landing.

Yeah, I am not sure if it is due to all the market place content that I owned which makes it worse or what. It’s a daily thing for me as a Xbox user to have CTD.

I also have these problems. I paid over a €150 for this game and extra content. Which is insanely expensive btw. Sometimes you have to pay over €40 for an new plane in the market place while PC users can download a hundred planes and liveries for free.

Anyway, I tried the options but it didn’t work. So come on Flight simulator team. Fix this.

For all xbox users. Do a fresh restart of your xbox. Clear cache before you play. Easiest way to do this instead of holding power button -

Settings
Network settings
Advanced network settings
Alternative Mac adress
Clear

You will then be prompted to restartconsole, click yes and you hsve a fresh xbox with no cache stored.

Did a flight in A320 from sweden to new York. Took like 8-9 hours around that. No crashes. I have live traffic and live weather on. Usally i do 2-3 hours flight. Have not had a single crash in 5 days. It is a pain in the ■■■ to do a clean cache thing before every flight but I do it and it works. Sure i get some stuttering, mostly on crowded airports but no crashes. Several times in flight, the sim like pauses(started to think, here we go again, straight to CTD), but no. Not a single crash.

Maybe it works for some anf for some it will not work. Sometimes it feels that glitches and bugs and crashes is individual things. Haha. So strange

2 Likes

Interesting info. Raises all sorts of ?'s. Is this a series X?

Can also report this on Series S.

Frequent crashes during final approach; frequent crashes during the load cycle.

A console reboot and removing “Reserved Space” will alleviate the issue for a period of time. However, removing “Reserved Space” will delete all downloaded content.

For whatever reason, I note World Updates do not download in the background for me anymore. They also do not download while I’m flying. Which means to make meaningful progress, I need to leave the game idling while it downloads…

I think what Mircosoft should do is pull this game and refund everyone just now.
That way they’ll regain credibility.

Go back to the drawing board and actually finish making the product.

1000’s of us have been hoodwinked into buying a game that is barely in Beta format.

I know the business model is “just get it out there and look good, that way we can generate massive income revenues”, but there are HUGE fundamental problems with this game.

Terrible terrible game.

1 Like

I’ve cleared my Mac cache now…gonna give it a try.

Usually when I turn live traffic back on I get a crash on approach, especially if it is a busy airport as I have mentioned in previous posts - Heathrow, Dubai etc.

Another thing I have tried is clearing and increasing the rolling cache to 40GB.

i just had fresh CTD after last hotfix. MS is doing terrible job! Tired of wasting time! This sim is a nightmare!

Had a CTD on first flight loading from flightplanner after the hotfix (same happened rigth after last WU6 update) it always takes a while to ‘settle down’ it would seem. It’s been ok for me CTD wise for a few hrs since though. In the meantime I rebooted XBox and gave it all a fresh start including clearing my FS2020 cache. There have supposedly been more CTD’s fixed in this hot fix only time and playing will tell if it helps at least night lighting is back. I’m keeping a log of all the CTD’s now.

I’m on Xbox my sim won’t stop freeze up and cockpit screens going out when loading areas hopefully they fixed it soon

I hear you. I just flew for over 5 hours in a 747-8 on my way to Schiphol about 150 miles away getting ready for landing configuration and as soon as I used my mouse to change my altitude boom crashed to the Xbox main screen. I’m using mouse\T-HOTAS\XBOX X. Hope they work on these frustrating bugs.

I do over one week with flights from 1h - 3h and no CTD. Only one after hotfix after loading a flight.
I always close the game after a flight. I only have the mouse freeze issue.
Hotas, Keyboard + mouse, Series x, A320

Let’s start this move to force them to do that! This sim is rubish!

I have to say that since V1.19.9.0 dropped on Firday, apart from the single CTD when I first launched it ( a common theme), it’s been remarkably stable and CTD free for many hours use compared with the period after WU6 was released.
I do try to start fresh after the updating process though, deleting/recreating my rolling cache and rebooting XBox too. Long may this stability continue. :crossed_fingers:

CTD 35 minutes into flight with the Boeing 787.

CTD right after the “Press any button to start” screen (only once, mind you).

In my experience, none of the CTDs have been fixed. They might be less frequent but they’re still there.

CTD almost every flight now! Now for some reason the engines just shutdown randomly! The sim is completely unplayable! For me anyways and im on xbox series s

I was going to report this too. Got though the weekend unscathed.

Then I downloaded and installed WU6… and it’s started happening again.