Crashes back to Xbox Series X Desktop

I am looking forward to the update today. I was getting CTD (XsX) with the Live Weather issue, which was temporarily fixed with using pre-set weather. since the Live Weather fix earlier this week it has been fine.

I do wish, though, that the logbook did not record “zero hours flights” when the flight ends but you have do not end flight on engine shutdown turned ON in the options.

I only have CTDs at LSZH. It’s equal if addon or Asobo version.

1 Like

Okay. I didn’t experience crashes at LSZH (and also UUEE - also a third party airport) before SU7. I am hoping we might get an update from those two third-party developers.

Not only do I have CTDs at LSZH, but I also have double (overlayed) graphics issue. I bought the LSZH pack and now everythign is double. But if i delete it, it gives me the MSFS original LSZH graphics, which are not as good as the add on. How can I turn off the LSZH pack and only have the add on activated? is this even possible?

Does anyone else have an issue on the XBOX Series X when flying in autopilot and adjusting on the autopilot panel the altitude but it does not adjust the altitude and continues flying without descending?
Example: altitude is set at 15’000ft, then i adjust it to start descend to 5000ft, but it doesnt descend. It keeps on flying at 15’000ft. Hence, I miss the runway for landing. How do I activate the autopilot input?

1 Like

I was in the Xbox beta an it resolved the CTD that SU 7 introduced

Don’t know which plane you fly, but you have to activate a mode for climbing/descending. For example VS = vertical speed mode. In this mode you have to enter the climb/descent rate which you want your autopilot to use, then enter the new desired altitude and then hit the VS button. After that your plane starts to climb/descent at your preset rate.

This was a very rough explanation, there are many more modes available but I hope you get the picture.

1 Like

Yeah I dont think its all about the addons. I removed the game and reinstalled it when this crashing started. The first thing I didnt install back was 3rd party addons.

I use the (VS) Vertical Speed button or the (FLC) button to start the decent.

1 Like

before one makes hope … no improvement in the implementation of third-party software. EDDH instant CTD

My first flight since this Jan 6th update! good luck everyone!

CTD on decent…oh well.

It’s so sad to ear this. I want so much to enjoy this game… That’s why I went for the console so that I would not spend time and money trying to tweak a PC. I wanted an easy solution on a standard platform.
So I flew today as well. It did not CTD but after about 90 minutes the same behavior sarted to pick, stuttering began again near final. It feels as if the game is becoming unstable after a while.

1 Like

I got the Series X for the same reason. To just install MSFS and run it. It is however not working out as well as i thought it would. I shutdown the console and restarted the game. The second flight (about a 30 min flight) went well. The stuttering is still there. I saw someone mention that the series S might work better? I cant see why but I may try MSFS on the S.

If so why? what has been left out on the X?

SithMetal71,
The version on the S has a closer drawing distance so visually it’s less immersive but it’s freeing ressources for other stuff.

No crashes yet on my side but I only made 2 flights which is far from being enough to draw a conclusion. Interesting fact, this morning I completely removed the traffic (AI or Real time). There was very little stuttering if none at all (it was an awesome feeling). The flight was very short though, about 20-25 minutes. So I will keep on testing with and without traffic. It’s natural to assume that the traffic is heavy for the machine but at the same time it is also part of the flying experience. Maybe some of you guys want to try it and post the results.

So in short, for me, the CTD seem to happen when I’m flying aircrafts with complex avionics (and using them), while using the ATC, and for a longer period. The stuttering happens much more when using a cache file but wihtout it, it happens more when the machine is hot (let’s say after 45min)

The other thing is that since the stuttering (and CTDs) seem to happen after a while, when the machine is hot, I’m thinking there might be a chip temperature issue. Maybe the machine slows down some process to save the chip when it’s too hot. My machine is laying flat, I will try it in the upward position so the the ventilation is more efficient, and near the floor (physics…).

I was also thinking MS might be able to check the log to check this out…
Anyone knows if there is an open ticket for the CTD specifically on the Xbox sX?

Thanks all!

2 Likes

I just experienced at least four different CTDs on my Xbox Series S this evening. I was looking at other aircraft in my hangar, checking out some liveries on the T-45C, got the CTDs then. I also tried to load in at China Lake to practice the start-up procedure on the T-45C, got two CTDs attempting that. I did a flight in the A320neo this morning and had no problems.

Of course I tried to make a video of it doing it, right after it crashed to desktop, and it didn’t crash. (figures!) I thought maybe a short flight video would help them in the bug report.

I just had another CTD when trying to fly the T-45C, wasn’t even able to load into the plane for the start-up procedures. Xbox Series S.

I thought I would give you an update as on my side, it’s positive.

At first I want to clarify a few things.

• My edition is the premium deluxe.
  • The console is hard-wired and I have a 60mb/s connection and I have no in game cache.
  • I do not have any of the third party addition but the free ones. (all updates are installed)
  • After my first test on Jan 6th (which I did right after the update install and it was nothing to write home about);
    a) I did a complete shut down of the game and the console
    b) I placed my console in an upright position and got it out of the multimedia console where it can get hot.

What I did:
I’m doing a cross country flight in the US so I flew for maybe 5 hours (scattered) yesterday and 2 straight hours this morning. Departing near Austin TX (3R9), to Timberton (E02).

• 7 legs (7 takeoffs and landing in visual)
  • Real traffic : I turned it back on after the first leg (right after yesterday’s report)
  • Live weather: I turned it on after the first leg
  • I’m doing a cross country flight of the US so I flew for most part in rural areas and to small to mid-sized cities (the biggest was Midland,TX) but I will be soon.
  • I flew the Cessna 172 (no G1000), The Beach 36 & 58, and the TBM 930. I used functions of the avionics and the AP all the time.
  • Used the ATC moderately.
  • did not do any shutdown of the game for over 24h now and in many case, I even paused for hours between shorter legs (putting the console to sleep).

Observations:
I had very good flights with no CDT and improved FPS and overall stability with less stutter (although still a lot of room for improvement especially when changing views and when using ATC).

So that’s it. Again it’s hard to say what made the biggest difference but I think that the update and I think that the ventilation also helped (maybe more than I think).

I’m going back to work now so less time to fly but I will try to give more feedback if positive (or negative), especially in dense areas and flying IFR later on and later flying more complex planes.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes