Crashes back to Xbox Series X Desktop

After the last hotfix i got several ctd.
Hope they fixed it

1 Like

I get several ctd’s on series x. Have multiplayer off, live weather off and just myself in the sky. I’ve crashed so many times now I’ve lost count. Most recent was a 12 hour flight, game crashed as I was turning around and lining up for approach. I was so angry. To be honest the game isn’t worth playing until this problem on the series x is addressed. Too much heartbreak after a long flight for it to just crash out to the home screen.
Also we shouldn’t have to be turning off features that enhance the player experience because of fear of crashes. It’s all a hot mess.

ps Don’t even get me started on the buggy achievements :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s horrible to play FS2020 on xbox series x, after last friday’s hotfix the simulator is broken on series x, many crashes. It’s impossible to fly.

Help us MS/Asobo…please!!!

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue, it’s getting frustrating

1 Like

Try do uninstall and resinstall the game. Here I have no problems after the last Patch. But I got other issues before this patch and a reinstall solved that for me.

I reinstalled last saturday after the first crash occurrences but they still persist for long-haul flights, like 1h30 and 2hrs flights.
Tks for the feedback!

Yep long hauls on Xbox (Series X specifically) greater than 8h flight time are simply impossible right now due to memory leak ctds.

Shorter flights can be ok.

But between ctds and frame drops, Series S is actually outperforming X with the sim right now. No frame drops on an S, no ctds on an S (or very rare). Wild.

They definitely got much worse after SU5 on Series X.

The last two hotfixes made things worse for me. Xbox Series X here. All long taxis the simulator closes. At launch the graphics were better and it was more stable.

On PC I can understand the existence of CTDs, but not on Xbox because there are no hardware differences. Last hotfix worsened the graphics quality, brought stutering (which didn’t exist at launch) and the amount of CTDs increased. Unfortunate.

Did you guys already delete/recreate the Rollingcache (Data / Rollingcache)? Also try to delete the reserved space in the XB storage management of this game. But… after deleteting this reserved space, you must redownload all DLC and the bushtrip progress is gone too. I have absolutly no issues since the last patch and it feals more stable than before on my XSX.

This very weird as there is such a differences on a theoretical unique console.

Yesterday i done 3 flights without CTD. Today first flight after 1.5h CTD -.-
No live weather

1 Like

After update 5 in Xbox X, i keep crashing while landing. Anyone has same experience?

1 Like

I’ve had no CTDs since the last hotfix, I’d switched off live traffic to stop crashes, but switched it back on after the patch, also have live weather on.

I’m also getting lots of ctd on series x when just landing.

To me this seems to be a memory leak issue causing CTDs on Series X. They are very rare on an S, but on an X very common especially during long haul flights and have become rampant since SU5 last Friday. It’s not the rolling cache; have reset and I bumped it up to 96GB and there is no change. Clearing the Xbox cache doesn’t help either.

They’ve started responding to my tickets asking for images of my console OS info page and some other telemetry, so please everyone on Xbox who gets CTDs, submit a ticket every single time. They said this would help them. Include as much detail as possible such as aircraft, destination, route, etc.

In response they’ll ask you for some screenshots of your Xbox information in settings etc.

Keep going. The needle is moving and it’s gaining attention.

Cheers

2 Likes

I opened a ticket last saturday about CTDs on XSX and opened another one today, so far no response for any of these tickets.

Yesterday, after three hours of flight, the simulator crashed in the main menu…It’s complicated to play…

1 Like

Today I’m getting more CTD than ever and becoming virtually unplayable. I submitted a ticket on Friday and so far just the auto response try this and that not connected at all to the ticket I have submitted.
It’s funny how on release day everything was fine and after two hot fixes now nothing but problems but hopefully things will get better and I suppose there was bound to be teething problems.

1 Like

Me too. Really annoying.

I have no CTDs anymore.
Turn Live Weather and Traffic off.
Also Cache to 20gb.
So its sooo smooth.
But yeah i Hope they will fix it because i want to Fly with live weather and Traffic.
But for now pls try

1 Like

I was flying from LFBD to KSEA then MSFS close suddenly and the XBOX back to dashboard. I opened the MSGS again and lost 6:44:42 of fly. It happened near to CYRT.

1 Like