Crispy's Liveries

I won’t bore you with my full response but here are the highlights.

The community backlash on this matter from content creators who have skills like myself was swift, supportive, strong and universally negative to Flightsim.to. They and you had access to the same information. My concerns were real and recognised as such by my peers (who also create your content). I just don’t understand why you still can’t see that.

In recent times your reputation has taken a severe beating when you changed your terms and conditions without considering the people who create your content. To my great regret, many of those very talented people are never coming back. Now is the time to be putting out bushfires, not still playing with matches.

Your penultimate paragraph says that you are committed to working with me to find a satisfactory resolution. How?

1 Like

I feel like I’m reading copy-pasted text when I read their last answer.

To believe that they do not livery to admit that there is indeed a flagrant concern for concordance of the lines between the two versions! I, who don’t do livery, noticed it at first glance thanks to Tim’s editing
It’s really bad faith.
Frankly Chris, have your beautiful creations hosted elsewhere
You spend too much energy talking with them, it seems hopeless.

1 Like

I know I only have a dream… Make your own website and host all the great people who left flightsim.to. Iwould like to be the first customer…End of dream

1 Like

Wow, so in the end, the nail drives a little deeper in over at FS.to. It is obvious to me that the paint was aped and modified. Anyone can see that. So, in the end, FS.to appears to be hell bent on destroying their site. And that hurts us all. Every day that goes by at my age, I have less and less faith in humanity. There are just too many idiots out there.

I had a similar thing happen to me back in the Strike Fighter days. I was a pretty good skinner back then too and helped create a Top-Gun campaign with another community member, where I painted something like 15 Aggressor A-4 Skyhawks. That work was distributed (with our permission) with a very reputable computer gaming magazine. All I asked for was a copy of the magazine with the accompanying mod we created on their CD that came with the rag.

Long story short, the guy I worked with on that went on to create/moderate a site named Combat Ace. We had a pretty good relationship. I uploaded an A-7D Corsair II in Ohio National Guard colors to his site for Strike Fighters. It was the blue camo one. Took me forever to do the camo. Several months later, I’m browsing (who I though was) my buddy’s site and there was my skin, with only different decals and tail markings applied. I reached out to him, and told him my work was uploaded without my consent. He did the same thing that is happening here. I can emphatically tell you, that was the immediate end to that relationship.

I just don’t understand people. And as in my case, I just don’t understand how FS.to can sit there and be so ignorant from a business perspective. So what if it is not (in their view) a complete copyright infringement, it is obvious your work was used and they could simply pull the offending file. The stupidity of responses just blows me away. I can say, after my subscription runs out on FS.To, I won’t be renewing. It was such a great place at first. What a shame for our hobby. And my faith is humanity is notched yet again. Seriously. People are just too stupid now days. Paralyzed with idiocy is what I call it.

1 Like

From FS.to’s perspective, any news is good advertising (good or bad), and the number of downloads this and other authors who’ve left is miniscule compared to all that’s there, so, from a business perspective, this behavior will soon be forgotten across the whole usership of FS.to, and their business will not likely suffer.

It’s easy to forget how small the viewership is here compared to the user community as a whole.

I’m sorry about what happened to you, I understand how you feel, and I hope you find someplace else to share your work.

You could be right about Flightsim.to. But I have noticed that many of the big uploaders of the past are not showing up in the daily uploads list. They haven’t removed their work, but haven’t added anything new either.

Oh, absolutely, a bunch of people have left. I was just saying they likely don’t really care from a business perspective. It hurts at the moment, but not a huge dent in their library. And, in the end, in a few months, people won’t notice what’s not there anymore.

I’m not saying you’re wrong for your actions in any way shape or form. Just stating what is likely their point of view. I’m sure they wish you won’t leave, but, at this point, I doubt very much they’ll change their practices.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that too. Also get the impression updates have slowed down too

The people will notice what´s not there anymore. Because the quality has gone. It takes time, but I think people will notice.

Yes, I certainly have - and very little of what is uploaded there now is of any interest to me since I don’t own GSX or any PMDG stuff.

I usually stop by fs.to every couple days and check if any of my downloads have new updates. Anecdotally speaking, the last several weeks have had very few updates show up.

1 Like

Am really rather annoyed and disappointed by the way Flightsim.to have behaved throughout this whole episode and I remember how the community got behind them when Captain Sim got on their high horse with regard to freeware repaints. The replies they have been given you are so impersonal and cold and don’t give the impression that they really care which saddens me. I am going to stop uploading any new content to them too and I hope a better website can be made that actually values the people that create the work that is so valuable. It’s a real shame as they had created a really nice site with some great ideas I just think they have gotten too big for their boots and maybe too interested in money

2 Likes

The Flightsim.com Library was founded in 1996 and is still going in a brand new format. The Avsim.com Library is almost as old, so is the Sim Outhouse Library. None of them have ever had the need to impose the legal requirements that FS.to have introduced, because they’re older and wiser.

3 Likes

Personal Comments and Observations

It’s just disappointing to see Flightsim.to “lawyering up” like this when their initial and continued success is due to the content creators they’re now mistreating. Thank you for your steadfast and amazing work.

5 Likes

You are right they are all excellent sites too but didn’t have anywhere near the amount of content for MSFS and maybe showing their age a little but I hope that maybe they will make a resurgence now as choice is a good thing and they have a long history and a great community. I think we all got so used to the convenience of having all these addons in one place

2 Likes

My liveries will now be located at Flightsim.com. Flightsim.com has been around for a long time, has a loyal client base and is well respected. In addition to MSFS content they also host FSX and Prepar3d content, so make sure you are looking at the right category before you download. It will take me some time to move my liveries across to their new home and of course I will continue to create new content. I’ll update the links above to reflect the new download locations as I go. You’ll always be able to find all of my liveries by using this link
Crispy136's Content - FlightSim.Com

Remember that a monopoly is only in the interest of the monopoly holder. While a 1 stop shop is very convenient, competition is required in order to secure greater free choice. So please support the competition like Flightsim.com. You will also find the great MSFS Global Ship Traffic hosted at Flightsim.com.

All my work will always to be free to download and you just need to set up a Flightsim.com user ID which is also free. Like many websites, Flightsim.com has a commercial arm, which in turn supports the free community content.

9 Likes

Community request for the repaint of the JustFlight Piper Arrow III and Turbo Arrow III in a livery inspired by Piper Arrow I-EKIA.

Now available for download at

8 Likes

You are absolutely right. We are no longer at the mercy of one website. That´s great news. I hope all the angry creators will follow your lead.

2 Likes

Very much interested myself in alternatives to the .to download site.

I will have a look at FlightSim.com and also your excellent liveries too. Thanks.

Great that you have found a new home for your work as well :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Have updated my TBM 930 Black Pack so that it is compliant with Sim Update 12.

7 Likes