CRJ700 won't start up electrical systems

I believe it’s in the “Aircraft” tab

Look, there is a manual called Vol3. - Tutorial… Invest the 3 hours it takes and it will take you from the very beginning til the end and show you how to do everything. Right now you are just poking random stuff in the cockpit in hopes that it works. That won’t do. This aircraft needs you to read the manual. Trust me. Or expect more “issues”. You spent the money, so get your money’s worth! There is a WEALTH of information in these manuals and there is a GOOD REASON people spent a good amount of time writing them.

3 Likes

Ahhh okay, I’ll check it out!

If only the middle 2 displays are on, it sounds like you are only on battery power (the 2 other displays are not on the battery bus - you need a source of AC power). This can be a GPU, APU, or by starting an engine.

So best bet would be to start the APU following the Vol3_tutorial.pdf mentioned above, or connect a GPU (using the EFB tablet, not by calling ground services). If you do that, you will have to push the green AVAIL light in the overhead panel to allow power from the GPU (ground power cart). Then the remaining 2 displays will be receiving AC power.

Most likely cause is the throttles are in the cut-off position. To move them out of the cutoff position, use your mouse and push them forward a bit. After that, your HOTAS should hopefully work as expected.

Good luck, hopefully that helps a bit.

2 Likes

Ahhhh brilliant. Thank you so much for the advice. I been having this problem all day since I brought the -700 & -550 models. Very frustrating but I am so glad that I am not the only simmer who was having this issue. I been waiting past 10 minutes after the first load

1 Like

But your problem would have been solved if you had read the manual. I don’t understand.

1 Like

Seriously need a pinned Flowchat post at the top of the forum.

I have a CRJ Issue! —> Did you read the manual and/or Tutorial? —> NO —> Go read the manual and/or tutorial.—> reads tutorial —> Do you still have the issue —> YES —> Ok make a post.

2 Likes

“Do you still have the issue —> YES” —> Did you follow all the steps exactly as written ----> NO —> Go back and do it again.

As mentioned before, I can’t find the manual

It’s there. You’re looking in the wrong place.

If you don’t find it, you will be back here later today with another problem.

Haha I missed that part.

I really don’t want to be curmudgeonly and genuinely enjoy helping people with questions, but the overwhelming majority of issues new threads are being created for are simply because the poster jumped ahead and tried to fly the thing like a default Beechcraft and didn’t read the manual or follow the tutorial. Not only does it make people who try and help repeat the same things over and over, but it creates a wall of help me the CRJ is broken posts that dominate the forum.

In seriousness I really think an announcement from the mods at the top of the forum would be helpful that urges people to read the CRJ manual, follow the tutorial, or at least watch the relevant The Dude Youtube tutorials before making a post about a problem with the CRJ.

The only manual I found was how to fly the plane. Not exactly on how to start it up or how to solve the issue of the 2 screens being on by default rather than supposedly cold and dark completely

Go to wherever your CRJ is installed. Inside that CRJ folder will be a “data” folder. Inside the “data” folder will be a “documentation” folder. Inside the "documentation folder are a whole bunch of PDF files. Two are full on manuals. One is a tutorial flight. One is how to use the EFB, One is how to calibrate your throttle. There are a couple more even I believe.

I’ll try to find it again.

There are several manuals. I don’t know why they are not in your install. I would work on fixing that first. Maybe someone else who bought from the Marketplace (and does not have the Steam install) can help you locate them. That would be a useful and productive post

Hopefully I’ll figure something out

It will look like this:

I would start with the Tutorial as that will walk you through everything from loading a flight all the way through landing and shutdown. Even better, follow along and do the actual tutorial in the plane. Takes 2-3 hours and you’ll be a master when you’re done.

I think there MAY be information on the Marketplace page where you will find the manuals. I think I have seen someone post that. I bought mine directly from Aerosoft, so I can’t help much here.

That should help a little. Although mine may be named a little different as I installed it from the MS Store

Ahh no worries. I’ll check the marketplace again to see if there is any more information