CRJ700 won't start up electrical systems

There’s a link in the marketplace description to download the documentation.

1 Like

I looked at the marketplace for a link. I saw a few but I did not know if that was the link to use

Great info. DanielMottau download the documentation. You don’t need to read everything cover to cover, but you will really want to read at least the tutorial document. Otherwise once you solve your cold and dark issue, you’ll immediately run into another problem trying to get going and it will becoming very frustrating. The CRJ isn’t like even the default airliners where you basically just need to know where the battery, apu, and starter is to get flying. I can’t imagine trying to get the thing off the ground without at least following a video tutorial.

I suppose that is true.

Unlike the A32NX, 747-8i, A321, A330 and the CJ4. They are easy

Yea, I keep hearing people compare the A320NX to the CRJ in complexity, and while I love what FBW are doing, all you really need to do to get that started and moving is press the battery button, then APU Master, APU Start, 4 fuel pump buttons, and the engine starter switches. It’s not that involved and is quite forgiving.

"The manuals for this product can be downloaded at …\official(oneStore/Steam)\aerosoft-crj\data\documentation\ *.PDF or https://freeware.aerosoft.com/forum/downloads/AS_CRJ_550-700_MSFS_DOCUMENTATION.zip "

Former is the file path it resides in on your local system, second is a link to a zip file containing all the docs if you would rather just download them rather than trying to locate the files in the path given.

Click the link above, extract to a folder and you’ll find a load of documents about the CRJ in there.

2 Likes

To be fair, the Airbus is much more automated than the CRJ

1 Like

Ahhh brilliant. Thank you for the link

I must admit that the CRJ is much more complicated than the A32NX. I’m sure CRJ pilots out there would feel the same way

Operating an Airbus is a bit like snowboarding - easy enough to pick up, difficult to truly master!

1 Like

Hey Matt, thanks for the suggestion. One thing to note, the official stance of the #third-party-addon-discussion section of the forums is that it is not really meant to be for bug reporting and support. It just gets hard to manage, and can easily turn into a support platform for every single add on people publish. So it can be a fine line between helping people with simple fixes and enjoying the sim, and saying go elsewhere for support. Obviously the CRJ is extremely popular right now, so lots of discussion revolving around that.

1 Like

Ok just found I have an occasional problem where the throttle controls do not move with my controller. However the do work in that the engine powers up as I move throttle 1 and 2

In the EFB you can check your throttle(s) are detected. Options and calibrate throttle. Do the numbers increase as you live the throttle.

I’ve now put little stickers on my quadrant for the throttle segments and calibrated with those and don’t worry about the sub throttles moving.

As @JuiceBox7535 mentioned, move the throttle levers forward a little bit. This will take the out of the cutoff position!

yeah I’ve seen that and it works sometimes for me not always. Not an issue; just so long as they work not worried about the animation!

1 Like

Hello, I have a problem.
I bought the plane in the stor and downloaded it and it worked without any problems. but after I went back to the main menu to start a new flight the plane doesn’t work anymore. will buttons still rudder. the tablet does not turn on and nothing is displayed on the monitors. Have already restarted the simulator, deinstaled and re-loaded. does not work. only if you re-download the plane, close the game. Restart the pc and then re-load it into the game, then fountionert it for a flight.
I hope you can halp me

(mods disabled and developer mode disabled)

1 Like

That’s very strange. You’re saying that it only works the first time after downloading? I think there are some setup things that the CRJ does when you first start it. Maybe you have a file permission issue and the aircraft can not install what it needs? I would suggest opening a ticket on the Aerosoft site and in the meantime make sure all permissions in your MSFS directory are unlocked.

how do you mean that there is authorization in the mfs directory? I bought the airplane in-game store?

It’s the only thing I can think of. You’re saying that you downloaded the plane; the first time to started it, it worked; then you want back to the menu and loaded it again and it did not work; then you deleted it and redownloaded it from the store; then you loaded the plane and it worked; then you went back to the main menu and loaded it again and it did not work.

When you loaded it the first time, was there a pause while it set itself up?

about 10 minutes to load without any major complications

I have exactly the same issue, worked fine first time. Only thing I did after was download the 737 and spitfire from marketplace. I’ll let you know if I find a fix

1 Like