CTD after CTD after CTD...repeat

Thats why , like I said a lot of times, this sim is vfr only, low slow, below the ifr airspace flying. Ifr does not cut it, thats why I went back to the other sims…real ifr there!!!

1 Like

:laughing: :rofl: :joy: :joy_cat: righto!!

So true, its catering for the GAMERS, not us SIMMERS.its heading towards xbox and you know what? Us simmers are a dying breed. Thank god for my xplane and p3d.thank god I didn’t uninstall them when this hype was going on.THANK GOD!!! Its all marketing for the dollars. The masses are gamers ( half of them have disappeared on making youtube videos when the wow was released)who like colorful bright juicy graphics, thats what they’re going to focus on. Have you noticed since the release? More focus on world updates, less or hardly on flight modeling, weather and systems…I mean, its obvious, we’re testing for the cut down version on xbox.

Oh yeeahh, it is a GAME, you can’t even call that a simulator anymore, honestly…

XMP Memory profiles should not cause problems. They are within memory specs, he did not overclock the memory beyond its capability. I’m having CTD’s as well with my new 3070 and fast ram in XMP profile. I can understand the sim is taxing the system a lot but I find the CTDs strange as MSFS is the only game at least for me that has these issues.

1 Like

XMP is kind of overcloacking and in big CTD thread you can see this can cause issues.

( “can” means not “must” )

Update for those that are still trying to persevere with the CTDs.

After dropping the VSYNC rate to 30 fps and reducing the overall graphics settings one notch lower this seems to be a bit more stable.

After applying v1.13.17.0 with the reduced graphics settings above I managed a flight from LXGB (Gibraltar) to LEMD (Madrid) with default A320 Neo. I was pleasantly surprised to see that gate T9 had animated jetways and a marshaller to guide me in. The jetway docked with the aircraft (albeit a little too early as I hadn’t come to a complete stop!). It really helped with the immersion and I was very pleased. :grinning:

My pleasure was short-lived as I then installed the A32NX mod and managed a flight from LEMD to LXGB - it CTD’d just after I landed and was backtracking on the runway. :rage:

I still can’t figure out if this is the handcrafted scenery causing the issue, I will see if disabling XMP will help (albeit this feels unnecessary as XPlane 11 runs fine on a long flight with plenty of add-ons including FFA320, world traffic etc running without a CTD).

1 Like

I have CTD when I overclock my GPU. When it runs without OC, the flights are normal. Try it

1 Like

i have this with my graphics card AMD RX 580 8GB.
I am using automatic overclock via AMD Software

1 Like

I have updated to v1.14.15.0 (including updating MS Store apps such as Gaming Services).

I now get CTD EVERY time before it even gets into the aircraft (about 75% through progress bar of loading screen after hitting “FLY”).

Two things I have discovered today:

1. MSFS Options > Data : I had data OFF in previous tests to stop any photogrammetry or live traffic / weather affecting things. I noticed that my marketplace tab was greyed out. As soon as I turned DATA back on, the sim informed me my packages are out of date. So remember to turn DATA back ON when updating the sim. I guess this means that v.1.14.15.0 wasn’t fully intsalled (just the app in the store, but not some of the underlying packages)?
  2. My Antivirus software (Norton 360) is blocking GamingServices.exe (under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ).

I have raised the Norton 360 blocking item to Asobo in my Zendesk ticket. Adding this folder to an exclusion list did NOT resolve the issue.

I am still downloading the packages now that my data is turned on. I will update you on how I get on.

TCUK

Update:

I installed the out of date packages (which I think were updated as part of 1.14.15.0). This has stopped the CTD before getting into the aircraft. So after hitting FLY I can at least get into the aircraft.

However, after taxiing in the default A320 Neo to the runway at LXGB (Gibraltar) as I started my take off to full power, I had another CTD (before I had reached V1 and was still on the runway).

I have kept my graphics settings one notch lower (Medium), NOT installed any community add-ons, not using photogrammetry / live traffic / live weather. This time with Data on just in case.

I have updated the zendesk ticket with Asobo, but I am close to giving up on MSFS until it becomes stable again.

It’s a shame as it was working very well until around v1.12.13.0 in November last year. I had installed some payware / free addons, and was looking forward to getting GSX and some other payware. However, I will not spend any more money on the sim until this sim can actually be used.

I don’t think my antivirus is the culprit, but really don’t know what else to try with the sim now. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

TCUK

1 Like

Same here, my payware sceneries are unusable now as well as the freeware ones. Shame. I’ll save my money for the pmdg 777-200 er instead.like you, I’m going back to my other sim. 7 months on, and this keeps breaking after every fix. This is the only software on my pc that’s problematic.its laughable, really. Too much effort on graphics and not enough on the planes and flight modelling.again, all addon sceneries are unusable, no hope.

…might as well give up, I had high hopes and this is really the end of the rope…there are better jet sims out there…

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I don’t care which is better…I’m just here to enjoy this sim. It has hiccups so what. Not here to compare sims and get labeled for my preference flag me if you want to, have a nice day. sorry mister…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Please stay on-topic and not on each other.

1 Like

I have no CTD’s ever, updates install as they should and the game works perfectly.

I think people have hardware issues and don’t realize. The game is definitely not broken.

Its not hardware. This sim is a very complicated piece of software trying to run on so many different systems and setups at the same time using MSFS servers(for bing map users). The core direction of the sim is the scenery aspect which is very hard and difficult process. I had CTDs with the 1.13.12.0 update but the last update 1.14.15.0 have cleared my CTDs for now. I am running my 27" screen at Quad K at 1440dpi with most settings on ultra. The scenery is beautiful. I have not changed any settings with any updates. Some updates work for some people and some dont. Glad it all works for you but not for everyone.

Ditto.
The Carenado pa 44 needed updating. This was done.
now, I can only select certain default aircraft or I get a CTD.
NO HARDWARE CHANGES for several weeks, and those were the logitech Radio, switch and AP panels.

GRRRR!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.