CTD after CTD after CTD...repeat

I had a CTD when nearing LFPG flying from EGLL. When coming close to certain addons or Handcrafted airports I still CTD. It must have something to do with a cgl file in an airport or scenery in town. Just had my longest and great looking 3 1/2 hour flight from GOBD to DNMM with no problem with all generic airports and landmass. I do fly out of Imagesim KATL which is a 3rd party that does not cause any crashes.

Very interesting and frustrating !

I almost managed to fly from EGLC to EGPH today too (about 1 hour flight) all with stock airports and default A320 Neo, with World update III UK & Ireland update installed, no custom add-ons and nothing in the community folder. BUT I got a CTD about 5 seconds after I touched down at EGPH RWY 24 and had my reversers on! What an emotional rollercoaster!

In case it helps others, the changes I’d made were:

• turning windows virtual memory (page files) back to AUTO
  • turning off Asus Tweak GPU II (so no monitoring of GPU temps / clocks etc)
  • changing rolling cache from 8 to 24 (GB?)
  • turned off ATC
  • deleted my custom callsign under ATC options
  • turned off air traffic
  • turned off Bing, Photogrammetry etc (by turning off all internet connectivity in the data option in the sim)
  • reverted to the default A320 Neo livery.

I know the visuals were not as nice to look at, but it’s better than not being able to take off until Asobo can get this fixed properly.

On the positive side, the default A320 Neo, now allows engine start up with the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus throttle quadrant and even has modelled the ‘barking dog’ when the hydraulics are initialising (which do help with immersion). I can’t risk the A32NX mod yet (although I’d love to use this again as it is much more complete and immersive than the default neo!).

I might try a different route to see if that helps (in case EGPH is the culprit) and will see if other changes that others recommended in this thread will help too.

The quest goes on …… !

TCUK

Always the same situation after the update always the same CTD in the same place I start to lose hope …

MSF becomes CTD software :rage:

1 Like

Everybody has tried everything dealing with hardware and mods, addons and extra software. Compiling everyones data myself (no info from Asobo) have concluded it is a shared file of something simple. For instance a generic building or vehicle on the road or even just a sign somewhere. I never get a CTD in any area around Dubai or Kuwait. Never around Atlanta or St Louis USA. Also not in the WHOLE Africa continent including HECA. Different type of surroundings. Something from Paris and Washington DC is being shared and causing crashes.

I dont think no one can disable everything only in these areas to test. I fear this is a problem only Asobo can find and test

Wish they would involve us and stop trying to do and CONTROL everything. I know Xbox is coming but enough have already paid for PC. PLEASE use us to help. Open back up testing for trouble areas.

Very similar experience. No mods installed, no custom scenery purchased etc… Tried to load at London City, instant CTD. Restart and try again, CTD again. Managed to load in to another airport and fly towards London, approaching the city another CTD. 100% related to the new update, nothing has changed except this. Usually I am a defender of Asobo as I kind of like their open attitude but the sim is now starting to annoy me to a point where I won’t use it anymore as it’s a lottery.

I find it hard to understand they have tested all this without similar issues.

Interesting to see others are facing similar frustrations as me.

I tried a different route with a very cut down set up (default a320 neo and default scenery, nothing in community folder) from LXGB to LEMH. About 1hr 30min flight. This included ATC unintentionally as I selected the runway as the starting point at LXGB.

Completed the flight without issue, even the clouds seemed fluffier than previous versions.

As soon as I tried the A32NX FBW from LEMH I got a CTD just after I’d started both engines at gate 4.

I think I’ll try turning down my graphics settings one notch to see if that helps things. It’s just strange that it worked fine before v1.12.13.0 with A32NX mod, liveries and payware scenery (in London). Adding another 16GB (to 32GB total) RAM hasn’t helped which is very strange.

Same. I just gave up! I really hope that Microsoft Crash To Desktop Simulator game is not going to be a meme.

for the moderators
community folder empty
dev mode off
system update as well as all drivers
system specs
i9 10850k no OC
rtx 3080 stock speed
64 Gigs of 3200 ram
1000watt gold psu
setting same as before update high with medium cockpit refresh
flight from KISP to KLGA

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.13.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash
Package Full Name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.13.16.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Application Name: praid:App
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 6027b4a3
Fault Module Name: FlightSimulator.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 6027b4a3
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000218e31e
OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0e8e
Additional Information 2: 0e8e0bf1a5ef603976b025864a1e1bb1
Additional Information 3: f195
Additional Information 4: f195d358cc8aea745bfd6231a823db83

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 9d753b4c04bf3f7496f73afe6e019b53 (1654856252523649875)

only change made…was the update…sim is now broken!

2 Likes

I’m concerned the moderators can’t do anything with this information; however, zendesk can receive it and maybe use it to resolve your concern. Since many do not have problems, detailed information like this could be very helpful in resolving the problems for those who do. I’m sorry for this is preventing your enjoyment of the sim.

1 Like

If you haven’t already done so, create a formal ticket with MSFS support, via the zendesk.

They will ask for various files to help diagnose the problem, including potentially saving crashdump files for them to analyse.

Totally agree NonstopOyster0

that would of been a good idea if I didnt jump the gun and do a fresh windows install along with fresh sim install…so far I have been slowly adding things back into the sim with no CTD’s. Up to the UK update but debating on install it being thats where my troubles began.Also left out two market place planes, mooney and seminole just to be safe

I had 3 CTD today with A320. Two times when I clicked on pushback button of Pushbackhelper and one time in flight when I opened Google Earth internal browser. For 2 first cases I think its a problem with recent change of Simconnet. Maybe…

Beulah6126, are you ever going to listen to me? Your CTD’s result in the driver timeout error, right? This is due to the new AMD drivers required for the RX 6800 GPU’s and when you have some form of ATC active in simulator, live traffic or AI traffic. I had same problem with my RX 5700 XT when I updated to latest AMD drivers. When I reverted back to the last WHQL driver for 5700 XT, no more CTD’s! Conclusive.

I hear you. I have turned off every live feature/AI traffic and turned the entire Online functionality (Bing/Photogrametry). Maybe you are missing this important point, but 6800XT does not work with WHQL driver for Reverb G2 users. The fix came out only in 20.12.1 and the last WHQL is not an option for those who use VR. I will try the driver just to confirm that this is not a hardware issue. The problem is that Driver Timeout issue simply means that the GPU crashed. It’s the AMD equivalent of BSOD, it’s really hard to pinpoint the cause unless you look at the crash report. In my case, it is d3d11.dll most of the time. I was about to RMA the card as there are folks who stopped having the CTD with a replacement. The problem is that it will be months before I can get a replacement.

I do appreciate you cannot revert to the last WHQL driver with a 6800 XT. I’m just saying I believe based on my findings with the 5700 XT and apparent similarities with CTD’s you are reporting that the current, latest AMD drivers for 6800 XT are the source of your problem. In that case this can only be fixed by AMD with a driver update in your case, or possibly by Microsoft/Asobo if they can tweak FS2020 to work better with current AMD drivers.

And yet again, it could be more subtle/complex issue in your case as you point out. I may be oversimplifying based on my own experience which was definitely driver version related.

It’s not whining, it’s a plea for help so that we can enjoy using the sim again. I have used the sim without problems for about 4 months and then lots of problems. You’re lucky you don’t have any CTDs. People are merely seeking help and the collective experience to see if it can resolve their issues.

1 Like

Thank you TomcatUK6150 for that great summation. The following pic is where I was before the

CRASH TO DESKTOP a few minutes ago out of a 3 hour flight from KDFW to KLAS. Going to any handcraft airport and some 3rd patry airports ends in a CTD. Would have loved to land the plane.

Question. What was the arrival you were on? I was going from KDAL to KLAS and have the same issues. I get near ABQ and its freezes, no CTD but its done. I was on the TYSSN 5

I have this problem going to any MS handcrafted airports no matter the route. Just going near one anywhere in the world is a CTD for me. Some payware airports I have the same problem. For instance KATL by Imagesim is ok but MS KATL is a crash. Only load and use Imagesim version.

Im in route right now with the 1.8 dakflight mod and just set my 3d setting on GPU to performance.Getting good temps and gpu/cpu usage currentyl