CTD after CTD after CTD...repeat

Thx, I will do so. Yesterday I started the latest Windows-Update. Some problems seem to be solved by doing so. I will empty the catch. Community addons are switched off.

Best wishes,
Bernd

Will checking these ON make a difference??

The only way is try it.

The Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling is supported on Pascal and Turing cards from nvidia, as well as AMD’s 5600 and 5700 series of cards.

More info about both those options you circled:

1 Like

Updated my system. One time I could start a flight today, but after this I still had CTD all the time. It’s boring. I spent so many money and time in that game…

Before update USA 5/100 CTD, after update 60/100 its not flyable!!!

3 ctd on the same place 5nm before Chicago airport… CTD during loading the flight… In september I had 1/100 flight CTD

I’m pretty much in the same position as yourself, I had a few CTDs before the USA update, now it’s within 20 mins of every flight. I’ve logged a ticket with Zendesk and for now I’ve moved onto other games.

I deleted today all liveries(i had 3) from community and I think maybe it will be ok because now I can start flight without CTD during loading.

I’d stripped my Community folder down to five packages (no liveries) and it still crashed. I had a successful flight yesterday with nothing at all in the Community folder, but that’s not really an answer as it was OK (mostly) before the US update.

I don’t know but if you decide to part with that RTX 3090 let me know, would even pay a hundred bucks more but will not pay double. Hope you didn’t either.

Did not see it listed in the thread above, but it seems running with AI has caused a lot of issues in the past.

Same here folks. For me it was after the 1.11.7.0 update. Before that I would only be experiencing some annoying bugs that would slowly improve with every update. Now I crash 8/10 times flying, primarily upon descent and close to final approach, but also today right after doing my checks & entering my flight plan. Vey annoying at this point that I cannot even use this software any more. WTF did MS do with this update?

Sorry, but nobody can help unless you guys give more information.

“I just got a CTD!” —> “Gee I’m sorry” is about the only answer anyone can give.

It’s also really important, when you come across CTD’s, to empty your Community folder. With every single update Asobo creates situations that, since they haven’t finished documenting the SDK, and because they haven’t cleaned their code of the possibility of memory overwrites, that there are definitely community addons that can cause CTD’s because they are “poorly” created.
I see mistakes in mods all the time. But, I don’t blame the authors, there’s no documentation to compare against.

Be that as it may, the reason I ask about, for instance, what plane are you flying? what were you doing when it crashed? there are known bugs that cause CTD, for instance, there is a limit on the number of maps that can be loaded in the GPS’s. For planes that have a GNS530 and GNS430, that limit can be surpassed, and if you try to display a map that is beyond the capacity, MSFS will crash. I also run into issues with liveries for premium aircraft causing CTD’s. Also, if you have multiple livery packages with multiple liveries in them, that can cause a crash. There are many known bugs. If you have loaded any addon aircraft, they can cause random crashes because the panel system is still evolving, and Asobo keeps releasing changed and unfinished code that crashes addon aircraft. If you have any Carenado aircraft, make sure you install the latest updates from the content manager.

So, if you run into a CTD, empty your community folder and fly with standard aircraft and default liveries and see if you get the crash. And if you’re going to come here to ask about it, let the people know everything about what you were doing.

2 Likes

Sorry, fair point, but the reason I was not verbose about this topic is because I have left another request with Zendesk and also here about the same issue. But that being said, first I do not have any mods or liveries installed…I am ONLY using the stock aircraft that came with FS2020; second, the aircraft is the Cessna Longitude; third, the CTD happens randomly now and for the life of me I cannot discern a pattern. I thought when it first started happening it was during descent and final approach but the last three times it has also been while taxiing after landing and while holding short on rwy preparing my flight plan. Lastly, I do not load any third party software or maps when flying, I keep it simple, I plug in the airports from the pull-downs on MSFS and use high or low alt airways and let MSFS prepare and load the FP into the aircraft, which, BTW is the same exact way I have been doing this since I purchased the software months ago and have never run into CTD’s until the last update (1.11.7.0). Hope that helps to clarify my problem. Additional thoughts and fixes welcome. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

When I was talking about the maps, I was talking about the maps in the GPS, not anything to do with any addons. It was the author of the GNS530 who found the bug, but, the same bug happens in the default GPS’s too. I don’t know many details about it.

I don’t, however, know if that has anything to do with your problem. I believe the crash happens when you try to switch between maps in whatever GPS screen you are in, and you load 4 maps into the 530 for instance, then try to switch to another map in the 430. It would only really happen though, if the plane you are in has two different GPS’s like a 530 and a 430. I think the G1000 and G3000 share their maps appropriately between the PFD and MFD. But I’m not sure.

Another CTD using the A32NX flying at FL330 between EDDL and EKCH. Is there an autosave feature for this sim anywhere?? Any community solution for saving the flight periodically? It is so boring to restart from scratch whenever the sim crashes.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fc94fca
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fc94fca
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000040ea8c
Faulting process id: 0x3e20
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6d6d5ffff8da9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 6ccbb8c3-d70c-414b-89f3-6255a217f085
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

No CTDs for weeks and weeks then I’ve had 3 in two days.

I CTD at Dublin all the time. Either on approach, before the airport loads, or maybe less than a minute after loading up and getting in the air. Annoying.

Exactly my experience. I used to get a ton of CDTs, then they disappeared for a while. I’ve only had 2 in 2 days, but it’s always the most annoying thing when it happens, especially towards the end of a long flight!

I get CTD, virtually always with Event Viewer showing the faulting module as ucrtbase.dll. Oddly, this never happened in the pre-release version of the software. Once it was released, more than 50% of my flights will CTD, as early as clicking the “FLY” button after setting flight parameters, to hours into the flight.

I have put in tickets to Zendesk, along with trying probably two dozen suggested fixes from swap file size, installing and reinstalling VB libs, memory timing, etc. I’ve even reinstalled Windows, but haven’t done a full virgin reformat, reinstall Windows and all other apps.

Love the product but this is frustrating, and again, puzzling why this first reared its ugly head in the release version.

2 Likes

For me it was a random CTD without any discernible pattern, but after tweaking several settings I seem to have “stumbled” onto a fix. In my case, every instance of the CTD was almost always preceded by some audio interruption. I changed the AI settings to include only Live air traffic and ATC, instead of randomly generated AI traffic. Have not had a CTD since, so I hope that helps anyone who has had the same issues. Cheers!