CTD after latest update (Update #5)

Use the event viewer https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014664580-How-do-I-send-in-a-crash-report-for-MSFS-

1 Like

ah ok, gotcha. Didnā€™t have any issues myself, so thought that might be it.

Mine just keeps saying ā€œunknown errorā€ in the store

Itā€™s weird that some people have no issues yet this seems to be more than an isolated case. I wonder what the system differences are that cause this.

I think that the vast majority people have no problem with the update, if it was really widespread there would be tons more posts here.
Doesnā€™t help the ones who are experiencing it though.

Did you check the event viewer?

Windows 10 insider preview causes the most troubles. I have left the insider program weeks ago and since then my problems are mostly gone.

The update has been out only an hour or so I think so we might see an increase in complaints.

1 Like

OUCHā€¦ Not even a complete reinstall fixed it for me.
Not good :frowning:

Same error in event viewer as posted above.

1 Like

Same here. CTD before main screen. No add-ons etc. installed.
Steam version.

1 Like

Same issue, game crash around 80 percent of loading. Cleared the community folder, updated graphics card driver, Deleted the flight sim folder in AppData, deleted the cache roll folder, and rebooted the computer but still crash to desktop without any error.

1 Like

Same here CTD after update.

1 Like

I emptied my community folder to test and no luck but I forgot there are things I bought from the MSFS store in the official folder. Iā€™m going to try to remove those to see if it works.

EDIT: Nope, still CTD even with all the marketplace items removed as well

1 Like

I launch the game, I have the loading bar, it progresses up to 85%, then , back to the desktopā€¦

I have removed the add on (after updating the game)
I have updated my graphics drivers (nVidia RTX2070)
I have rebooted my PC each time

Shall we make a clear install?

I get the game via Steam

I send a request (Bug Ticket)

1 Like

nice QA guys.

2 Likes

same here

also community folder cleared before the update

Itā€™s happening to me too. Any suggestions?

Same here!!!

Ive flown in 3 planes so far after update. Longitude, Skylane and Ovation. Only the ovation causes ctd.

1 Like

Same here!

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f985799
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f985799
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000012ffd77
Faulting process id: 0x64a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6ae2b3e5cf1fa
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 62357d8e-98cf-4d1e-92fa-bda95e7144be
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
1 Like

Me too. Getting the same log details