Thank you, that was exactly the problem, it worked.
Here just to vent at how stupid this is. Literally every update has been a step backwards. Getting the CTD at Japan like everyone else. Freakin, roll back the update and try again Asobo. Geez, can’t even play.
This worked great… however I think there are some other (unrelated?) input issues. Specifically, I’m encountering the following behavior:
Can anybody else help me verify this? Press Shift-LeftArrow (not on the number keypad) in control settings input search (or assignment) to see if it’s interpreted as Shift-Num4 instead of Shift-LeftArrow.
Yep… CTD when it gets to the Japan update page.
Is it a fresh install? It might be that the directory only gets created when you make changes to the default controller settings. I know the “default” controller profiles are not there. So it might be something that only gets created when you go away from the default. I’m not sure what to tell you. If you have a custom controller profile created, that folder should be there.
You discovered my secret identity…I am Iron Man ![]()
I have a question for folks here who are smarter than me.
I can’t understand why Asobo is not giving us simmers the option to delay an update or patch. Every other sim I have (P3D v4 & XP11) gave me the opportunity to delay an update to the sim.
Why is there no option to delay?
Even Win 10 now gives us an option.
Same by me with other hardware. I identified the CTD-Cause on my Virtual Fly TQ6 and i´ve red in another threat that the Throttle Quadrant Hardware causes there problem. So unplug you hardware and plug in back piece by piece.
Every other sim, maybe. But every other multiplayer/MMO title, probably none.
MSFS is an always online game, even if you want to play in a group, with you as the only member, you are still online. It’s much easier to manage something like that if you don’t have the added complication of catering for different client versions. They may also make changes in the back-end that dictate the new client version is necessary.
If it were a single player only sim I would agree with you.
Same problem here,
Log Name: Application
Source: Windows Error Reporting
Date: 10/31/20 3:45:36 PM
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: CLENAULi7
Description:
Fault bucket 1921599743050838822, type 5
Event Name: MoAppCrash
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:App
P3: 0.0.0.0
P4: 5f985799
P5: FlightSimulator.exe
P6: 0.0.0.0
P7: 5f985799
P8: c0000005
P9: 0000000001d1c24d
P10:
Attached files:
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER504.tmp.mdmp
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER66C.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER68D.tmp.xml
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER68B.tmp.csv
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6AB.tmp.txt
These files may be available here:
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Microsoft.Flight_f11287a644fa8baa3e38edea32081936d28d534_b8ebfe73_6c0244bf-de0a-4944-bbdd-abae22bb66f4
Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 2977d390-1aac-452c-ab06-f25d7e26ee63
Report Status: 2147487744
Hashed bucket: c23485f905441dfbeaaae4c90506f326
Cab Guid: 0
Event Xml:
1001
4
0
0x80000000000000
8801
Application
CLENAULi7
1921599743050838822
5
MoAppCrash
Not available
0
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
praid:App
0.0.0.0
5f985799
FlightSimulator.exe
0.0.0.0
5f985799
c0000005
0000000001d1c24d
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER504.tmp.mdmp
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER66C.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER68D.tmp.xml
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER68B.tmp.csv
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6AB.tmp.txt
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Microsoft.Flight_f11287a644fa8baa3e38edea32081936d28d534_b8ebfe73_6c0244bf-de0a-4944-bbdd-abae22bb66f4
0
2977d390-1aac-452c-ab06-f25d7e26ee63
2147487744
c23485f905441dfbeaaae4c90506f326
0
It has definitely to do with the Saitek Flight Throttle Quadrant in my Setup. When I run the sim without the USB devices plugged in there is no problem. The sim loads much faster than before with the community file on. I started plug in the devices one by one and left the Saitek Throttle Quadrant last. It crashed as soon as I plugged it in. I utilise SPAD.next
OK. I have DCS World and i can delay update, yes then i can’t connect to MP servers with newer version but some servers are delay updates too.
Also DCS offer Stable and Open Beta branches ![]()
I too found out that if you disconnect the controllers (I have the Saitek yoke, quadrant, pedals and Logitech 3D Pro) it will go to the main menu and able to fly with the keyboard and mouse.
I had CTD after clicking “Fly” and about 85% of the following loading screen; BUT - as often - the problem is caused by something in the COmmunity Folder; after deleting everything there the issue is gone.
Going to check what exactly caused the crash now…
The problem starts when developpers expect you to use the beta/experimental version because they want to take advantage ot the new features…
To be honest. flight simulators for me ain’t hobby but work. I’m simMarket team member, beta-tester for many products and etc. I don’t fly “just for joy” and as for me two branches is very good option for such product as MSFS. All flight simulators i have now is beta-versions, RC and etc. For me it’s OK because i know my work will help to others.
That would fit with the idea that a “null” profile, where you are using an external tool like SPAD to control things, causes the crash. In my case, I had created a profile to do just that, but the only axis in SPAD was throttle 1. All others were still in the profile, assigned to MSFS control. It wasn’t my default profile, but didn’t cause a crash when I selected it prior to deletion.
I have just unplugged my VRinsight TT panel, and now it works fine
By chance, I do not use it for FS2020
Understand that the “axis” section are not the axis that are “assigned” to MSFS. They are the Axis that are detected when the controller is plugged in. All assignments take place in the (context) sections of the file.
The people who have a simple throttle crashing as soon as it is plugged in puzzles me because my CH Pro Flight Sim Yoke gets detected with no default assignments either and I don’t remember CTD at plugin. I had at least the opportunity to start assigning buttons.
It was only after I tried to make the “null” profiles so they would not conflict that I ran into issues.
The key to get the peripheral to work, is to actually be able to edit the default profile, give it an assignment and save it. THEN you can modify it and have it work.
Hopefully the hotfix arrives soon. Then we can move beyond this…
Hi, I hope so too. I’ll add an odd one for you. When I downloaded the update, I got the CTD. When I unplugged my peripherals, I got it to load, and found that the null set for my TQ6+ throttle was the problem, and eliminated it. However, before I reintroduced my TQ6+ with no null, I was able to use HDR10 and it looked great. After update 4, HDR10 started to make things looked washed out, not vivid (as some have reported). So, for awhile, after update 5, with no CTDs, HDR10 was back for me. However, once I fixed the TQ6+ throttle issue and could use it again with update 5, the problem with HDR10 reappeared. I now have it turned off, since it has gone back to being washed out not vivid. I’m hopeful (maybe unreasonably), that the hotfix that corrects the CTD issues will reup my ability to use HDR10 again. It is a really complex piece of software, so I feel for the developers, even though I am frustrated from time to time.
Mark