CTD at specific coordinate

This is very crazy. A friend of mine and me have this issue: if you fly around these coordinates 38.36803449520116, 15.841331083358254 (southern italy) at about 1500 feet you get a CTD. We both have pretty decent PCs (32 GB of ram, he has a 2070 Super, i have a 1080 Ti). Tried also at low graphical settings and with and without mods, it is not plane related (tried with C172 and C152). Also i set the paging. The issue is reproducible 100% of times, with slew mode, sim rate, coming from any direction.

At high altitude it does not get any problem.

Can you try setting autogen building quality to Low please, then retest. You said “low” but that may mean different things to different people.

Post this on Zendesk MS2020 Support Site… The Devs can easier reproduce the CTD to fix them …

And another idea.

If you had flown this area earlier it may have been cached.
If you both had the rolling cache on, this could have created the same issue in each computer.
After an update, the cached scenery may not have worked properly.
Try emptying your rolling cache and see if that helps.
If you have made a manual cache of the area, do likewise.

1 Like

Hi, I am the friend mentioned by the thread Author, I emptied my cache, and also tried to run with no online features active and did have the same crash

already tried it, it crashed too.

1 Like

That’s true, but if it isn’t a bug, then it may be solvable on the forum.
FYI, this section of the forum is for proven bugs that you can’t find a solution elsewhere on the forum, and the moderators are quite strict about it.
The procedure is to check all other sections first, and if you can’t get a solution from existing posts, or posting your own, then post in this section once it is a confirmed non-fixable repeatable bug , and enter your Zendesk request as well.

1 Like

It sounds like the bug that struck the area around Iceland, around the time of release, and if it is, it won’t be user-fixable.

Cool idea, but i’ve just tried and it did not worked. Can you guys try it too (if you have the time) ? Thank you!

1 Like

Yup, I’ll try, give me a bit to flash up the sim.

Yes, surprise! CTD. Right on the edge of the land/water.
At the top of the page, under support, it takes a few minutes, but please enter a Zendesk request

1 Like

Hi @IlPres995

can you please open the windows event log and check whether the ERROR contains somewhat with " grammar.pggmod " ?

In case similar issues might then be e.g.

This is mine when I reproduced the event.!

here is mine:

Show of hands…do any of you have navigraph simlink installed? Trying to see if there is some sort of correlation…if so, Uninstaller it and try to reproduce

None of me or @edge335034 has navigraph simlink installed.

Gotcha…ok thanks

This might sound like a stretch, but it’s not. Microsoft supported a guy that was having these kind of voodoo CTDs. He reported that they finally found that a portable heater was periodically clicking on and the computer power supply was not powerful enough and not of sufficient quality to ride through the “brown” period.

It’s winter and cold. Noisy power?

No, I haven’t had a problem since I uninstalled simlink. Just trying to see how widespread this issue is in regard to other reports of CTD. Ultimately hoping I could help on an off chance too! Lol cheers

I understood that. I was helping you to maybe help the others. Too subtle? :joy:

I got nothin bro lol