CTD/Black screens increased a lot with LOD fix on xbox

So far there is nothing in the beta that stops CTD. Expect a lot of ticked people when this beta becomes official in the next week or so……

I believe a mid Jan release was previously discussed. That is coming up quick.

I have had CTD when using my 3rd party airport’s. I think definitely doing full shutdown of MSFS after a flight helps lower the chance of CTD. If you bounce around from the world map from 3rd party airports I’ve seen CTD each time after running the game awhile.

1 Like

Ok thanks for the updates. I might jump on the beta. Is the official release date for the beta anytime soon do we know?

It’s not only 3rd party airports which causes CTDs. Even their own, handcrafted airports (especially LSZH-Zürich, KJFK) are not working well and causing crashes…Airports for which we paid in the premium/premium deluxe version!!

Have the feeling that lod has been reduced a little , i am on beta.

Have you this impression ?

Strange, did a flight this afternoon and textures we’re loading slower than before this little update.

Maybe server issue if no noticable reduction

1 Like

And they have to be blamed for that ?

Another update (1.92 GB) now available!

yesterday night they were fine, did not test it today

My experience is that as long as the filesize of a 3rd party airport is under about 800MB (filesize is about 1/2 of the size that is mentioned prior to download as space is needed for both download as well as decompressing space) there is less chance to get CTDs. XBox Series X.

1 Like

At first this was my thought also. But, I have several airports installed with well over 1GB on disk, and they are performing without any issues.

Anyone found any improvements after today’s patch? I know it reset all my assists settings

Yess , Saw that too .

I Do not use them

Nope
Still has crashing at 3rd party airports. Scenery is still popping in on xboxx. Even had crashes at Dubai and Kai tak stock scenery with stock aircraft :frowning:

1 Like

Ok thanks for the report. Just want stable airports I have zero issues with the rest of the sim.

The statement should probably be, Even premium/premium deluxe version airports have a problem, I have no marketplace products installed. Only the Vanilla MSFS and free updates provided within MSFS.

Else, one never knows what will cause the crash, could be the purchased livery, the purchased airplane, or any other add-on.

I just wish people clarified what environment they are using the product under. Vanilla or no vanilla, below each post.

Just got hit with a 1.91 GB update on Series X. What’s this then?

Yeh I just got prompted. Does this mean I’ll have to delete and set rolling cache again? :rage:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-notes-1-30-9-0-aau-1-january-4th-2023/567907/1

“Fixed secondary aerials sometimes overridden by Bing aerial on terrain with photogrammetry”
What is this means please?

1 Like

I agree ,clear as mud…

1 Like

I’ve been getting “game license can it be authenticated” errors and it tells me I’m offline and I don’t have the offline content installed.

Why is it telling me if offline? I can’t play the game!