CTD/Black screens increased a lot with LOD fix on xbox

Any official info about this update?

Yep! Can confirm a 1.71GB mandatory update on Beta!

1 Like

The update that went out was for both beta and non-beta, just updating to the latest AIRAC navdata.

4 Likes

2 parts to the update while updating I noticed fsbaseairports update major chunk of file size. Then the small size nav data . I wonder if there’s more to the patch then nav data

I’ve decided I’m taking it back to the store for a refund. And while the series X may be able to do 4k, I have a feeling it has scenery popping in and out too. And I lose a lot. Can’t do widescreen movie mode and too much else. I’d bet my mid range PC does a better job than the series X. My scenery don’t pop.

And so goes my trial with Xbox. I think it would be good for those looking to get into FS without paying a pretty penny. But if you’ve already have a halfway decent PC, keep it.

1 Like

Do your Marketplace purchases, such as 3rd party scenery, that is purchased on Xbox transfer to PC? Since both are Microsoft platforms I feel it should, but I don’t really know.

yes, everything bought on marketplace (that are available on both platform, but that is always true for pc) is transferred and account bound

1 Like

Have the ctds got worse or is just me I can no longer load into gatwick base airport

It’s not only you
 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Not good :rage: why does every update negatively effect the xbox

1 Like

Because Xbox is a limited environment and they do the best they can. It’s a balancing act between visual and memory usage.

If you use too much memory, you’ll get black screens and CTD. If you use not enough memory, people start to complain that it doesn’t look nice.

2 Likes

if that is true though xbox users needs some sort of official statement because it’s like admitting that 3rd party airports are not a safe buy and xbox does have a memory issue, and while who’s been here long enough know that 3rd party airports are not a safe buy for more than year it is not known that the actual reason is a memory deficiency on xbox, which is an important statement

5 Likes

I understand but when spending money on airports which don’t work is so frustrating so I would prefer losing detail than losing money I just want stability I think people should look at getting a pc if want shiney gfx

3 Likes

I have no doubt that the team is doing the best they can, and that it’s challenging on Xbox. But SU11 proves that Xbox can run this Sim very good, without the black screens and CTD’s. Even when there is much 3rd party content installed(I have about 30 3rd party airports installed), Xbox (Series X) can definitely handle it.

BUT, SU11 in it’s current state comes with the reduced LOD on Xbox. What happens when the AAU beta becomes the public release (God forbid, in it’s current state). A lot of people, including myself, have invested a lot of money on addons. If that means that those addons will become unusable, then what?? This is a serious question, it would be nice if there will be a serious answer to this matter.

3 Likes

These are exactly my concerns
Do 3rd party devs have to reduce the quality of their content? Will they do it?

Why don’t the great quality airports from “Pyreguee” crash the game? Msfs can handle these! What’s the difference to other AddOns with even lower quality?

There are so many unanswered questions!

4 Likes

You hit the nail on the head this needs answering pyreegue works fines in latest beta build no ctd with improved lod

2 Likes

Nope
I didn’t get notified about this
 What’s the release notes say?

it’s only airac cycles update

I’m a bit late to the party here. Is the LOD fixed yet on Xbox? Not bothered playing since SU11 just wondering if we have any developments?

1 Like

Yes, it’s fixed in the current beta.