CTD/Black screens increased a lot with LOD fix on xbox

It is possible. I doubt it. I think they have made it clear they intend to return the Xbox version to its former glory, and this issue looks to be reproducible on PC.

2 Likes

They also mentioned that Xbox has it’s limitations of what is reasonable possible .

2 Likes

Both can be true.

1 Like

I concur, on Xbox in beta and it certainly does feel very stable with good performance, admittedly I have only being flying mainly GA aircraft but everything feels a lot better. (Any bugs asside)

4 Likes

This is no surprise and the PC crowd also will come down this road. The Xbox’s X has been out 2 years or so……in the PC world that is an enternity to keep the same hardware.

At what point does the PC ultra rig owners ask for the “low end spec” PC hardware be raised to keep their high end hardware running best?

This is why I’m a bit surprised the Asobo team will just keep advancing MSFS2020 beyond current hardware without releasing a “new” sim designed with advancements in hardware.

Remember FS2000/FS2004/FSX there was always a progression of advancements while increasing hardware requirements.

IMO I would be perfectly fine with MSFS2020 with its current features running perfectly……I don’t need more stuff thrown at it while being told it will run more poorly as time goes on.

4 Likes

You’re right but - if I recall correctly from the q and a where this was discussed- they also said that they were not at that point yet and that they believed that both further optimisations and even enhancements we’re still possible with the sim on Xbox.

6 Likes

It is a beast of a console, friend. Remember SU10?

4 Likes

You do know you can take screenshots directly on Xbox, right?

Yeah I know. The transfer over to here was a little troublesome😂

Still testing and im really happy to say that in my side, the sim has been running flawless, no CTD, no Black avionics, everything is perfect, I’m even able to fly from and to KATL without issues, before it was almost impossible because it CTD all the time but now it’s amazing! Really impressive so far with the last build.

2 Likes

I tried out KDCA 3rd party with Washington Landmarks tonight in the C172 again and this time it ran great! No CTDs, no black screens. Only a couple small stutters but otherwise flew around the area and used the drone cam with no issues. Used full live traffic and weather, too.

still getting 100% ctd on LSZH (Asobo handcrafted)

uninstalling and installing again swiss world update doesn’t do the trick

Pfff, the approaches into 3rd party airports are still a very, very big issue. Just had a very hard CTD out of nowhere into Milan Malpensa 3rd party. Departing from 3p airports are good, it’s the arrivals which gives me headaches. Literally.

This is incredible demorizaling after hours of flight time. The team did an outstanding job regarding the departure on eaven the heaviest 3p scenery, but please keep looking into this. It looks like the console went straight out of memory, that’s how it felt.

PS: for your info, the departure was from a 3rd party airport as well. Maybe there isn’t enough memory available??

2 Likes

Mmm, that weird. I’ve landed multiple times there with the A310 and never suffered a CTD or Black screens. Also I have some options turned off and I don’t have idea if this makes performance better.

•Workers, traffic and airplanes in airports density is set to 0

•photogrammetry off since it causes issues with the a310 while using the runway for takeoff/landing

•multiplayer and ai/real time traffic off as well.

1 Like

weird, it’s the only airport that is giving me trouble. I was pretty sure it was an airport bug just like the dublin one (separate thread, year long one, both on pc and xbox)

Moved to #bugs-and-wishlist:ctds

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

PFD and MFD on specifically HondaJet and TBM 930 either go completely black at random times but particularly right before landing, or they don’t come on at all. The latter more happens in the HondaJet. It has gotten so bad that the screens won’t even turn on anymore. HondaJet is useless .literally

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

I must say that the sim has been extremely stable for me this weekend. I completed around 8 flights to and from several different 3rd party airports with the Cessna Citation Longitude, and not even one single CTD.

I got the Pyreegue airports Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburg on the current sales. Holy cow these are a piece of art. Also very stable performance this weekend.

5 Likes

Ok, since the SU12 update the Black Screens phenomenon has increased A LOT for me on Xbox Series X. I get it almost every flight on approach or after touchdown when taxiing to the gates. This needs some attention from Asobo to sort out.

The good news is that it doesn’t seem to result in CTD, but nevertheless it requires me to end the flight.

4 Likes

i agree. Had black screens two times today, one after landing at LIRFwith the longitude and another immediately at the beginning of the flight with tha a310 at ESSA. Never experienced black screen issues until SU12.