CTD during Beta Launch (All platforms) - Possibly caused by Marketplace aircraft

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?
No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
Ni

Brief description of the issue:
Repeated crash after selecting updates at the ‘installation manager’ screen during boot uo

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I also had this on PC. It seems that some marketplace addons are the cause.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Will not load. “Press any button to start” shows up, then sometimes one or two pictures will cycle before a CTD, other times it will CTD before showing any loading pictures.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Unfortunately didn’t work, thanks for the input though

Same problem also on Xbox Series X, we had this issue before months ago and it really puzzles me how this can happen again and how it even made it past QA. Hope it gets fixed again soon like it did back then. Also restarting the console doesn’t work in this case just like it didn’t work back then either.

3 Likes

There is some kind of add-on that is breaking the sim after SU12 Beta, I’m trying to debug which one, if anyone has figure out some incompatibility please chime in.

To be short:

• MSFS worked fine.
  • Updated to SU12 Beta.

Now Safe mode works fine but normal mode consistently crashes.

3 Likes

Happened to me too, moved my addons out of the community folder and it worked fine… Now I guess we need to add them little by little to determine which one(s) are incompatible. I will share when I find out.

1 Like

The good news is that we’ll find out, the bad news is that is probably something important because I use addon linker and only have essentials in my community folder.

Testing now.

1 Like

Having the same problem. Going through my addons now using the good ole’ divide and conquer approach.

1 Like

I was flying the Fenix earlier this afternoon, and when I went to re-start MSFS, there was a mandatory 5GB update. After the update was complete, MSFS would crash out in the initial loading screen.

Safe mode works.
Normal mode CTD.
But that happens even with an empty community folder.
Any ideas on what is safe mode doing that makes the sim work?

1 Like

Same thing here. CTD when loading. I’ve deleted my Community Folder but it still will not boot in normal mode. I can boot in Safe Mode though.

1 Like

Do you have any add-ons bought on the Marketplace?

After you have removed your addons, delete rolling cache if you use it.

@LuisArgerich , please don’t delete the bug template. It is supposed to be filled out.

For me it seems very similar with the crashes on the SU11 initial Beta. Some Carenado and other 3rd party planes are causing the sim to exit while loading.

With all my non-marketplace planes and the Carenado planes removed I can start the sim normally again. So far I’ve just added back the Carenado Archer and it loads ok, haven’t narrowed it down beyond that. Hopefully we’ll get another quick hotfix like last time.

3 Likes

I’ve been going through my store items and so far Carenado planes seem to be making msfs gag. CTD any time I try to reinstall one. The only one that has installed okay is the C170B. It may be a coincidence, but that’s also the only one that doesn’t have an associated ‘CVT’ folder with it. Otherwise still testing so I’ll post other items as they come up. Also interesting that msfs does NOT like my archer.

2 Likes

Same here. CTD with normal startup, okay with safe mode. Checking the Carenado planes to see if that stops the crash…thanks for the heads up on these.

Edit: for additional: Man, cannot isolate this at all BUT I do note that I see the loading screen not fully load prior to the CTD if this helps the team at all (on Steam Version).

1 Like

Same issue here, CTD when there was anything in community folder, emptied the folder and all worked well. Then started adding files back in the folder…

found out that in my end the reason was the PMDG 737 900 (not from marketplace)

2 Likes

Don’t the creators get the beta before us so they can test their mods? The same thing happened last beta. This is getting ridiculous.

4 Likes