CTD during start-up as the UI is about to load

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
NO
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
NO
Brief description of the issue:
Having successfully checked for updates, the blue progress bar continues but the sim CTD’s as the UI is about to load - I normally just see the Cessna in the hanger for a moment, but the sim crashes before the UI becomes visible.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
N/A
Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Run the sim - running as admin does not help. All other apps are closed as are items on the task bar.
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
Asus Rog Maximus Hero XII
i9-10900K
2080Ti
32Gb Ram
Windows 10 Home, 21H1, Build 19043.1110
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

Does anyone have any suggestion to fix this issue?

The community folder is empty, this is an install of Premium Deluxe, however no addition content has been loaded via content manager as the sim never loads!

I have already tried a repair and reset of the sim.
I am reluctant to try re-installing the sim (again) as it has already taken me two days and about 18 hours of downloading files when the update failed to work and I gave up and tried the re-install.
My installation is on a separate NVMe 1Tb drive (also has XP11 on it - plenty of room and was working reasonably well before the update/reinstall due to the latest update.
Likewise I have no stomach to reinstall windows - this is a fairlly new build and is not full of random pieces of software, just the minimum as I want to keep it clean for flight sim use.

I have the same problem with 1.18.15.0 , did you solve the problem?

Yes I did by doing a ‘clean’ re-installation and during the process I also went to the lengths of running windows in a clean-boot situation. I thought I had posted more details about the steps I had taken in a reply to this post - I guess I must has posted it in another thread - let me see if I can find it and I shall trying and link it…

1 Like

Here you go… Some of this may well have been over the top, but almost none of it is really that difficult to do, and if its the difference between getting the sim running or not, it is probably worth doing the extra steps.
I will also add that the sim has been pretty stable for me since doing this, with very few problems - think I have experienced a couple of PC crashes, but I suspect this maybe due to CPU/GPU temps. I tend to whack up fans speeds when I use the sim now.

Anyway I hope this helps…

1 Like

thx for your patience how is it possible that we have to do all that you wrote to make this game work?? it s absolutly insane ,i have the same problem and i wont surely not loose my time doing this ,microsoft or asobo do something my game is working yes but only when he wants to work,sometimes i launch it 10 times to make it work or connected ,meanwhile everything is clean in my pc ,and i have no prblems with ALL my games ,only fs2020 have problems,i have a big bandwith (1gb) i have 32 g ram ,i9 ,rtx3080,everything is ok last drivers of every devices too,WHY this is possible that it launch when he wants plase tell me microsoft , thx

1 Like

For me the hotfix did not help at all so I figured trying a complete clean installation of the sim was worth a try. I am fairly convinced something must have become corrupted during the update process and was the cause of the sim not launching.
Do I think these problems should have existed? No.
Do I think it should have necessary for me to figure it out and fix it for myself? Not really.
Do I prefer to do something like this and fix the problem so I can get back to using the sim? Yes.
Ultimately, we can only choose at a personal level if we are willing to take extra steps ourselves to fix these issues or simply wait for someone else to step up and do it for us.
Hopefully someone else will follow the above and get their sim working again.

to whom it may concern …
still struggling with CTD on loadscreen (@ ~55%) with my clean install of 1.18.15.0

Got some hints from support that did solve the problem.
Currently waiting for them to analyze my MsInfo.

Check my Support ticket for details and updates …
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/115811

I am having a consistent CTD after “Checking for updates”. I have not been able to use the Sim at all. It crashes every time. Every other game / sim on my rig is working fine.

2 Likes

Still no solution.
Support told me, that my graphics card doesn´t meet the minimum requirements and sent me the link to the info page. Looks like they don´t know what’s written there. My config is within the recommended specs.
Besides that, I ask myself, why the Software wouldn’t have complained, and installed just fine, when my graphics card did not meet the requirements.

Install English (United States) language pack and restart system.