CTD for 40th anniversary caused at load by Nordic Update (SU5)

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes.

Brief description of the issue:

I have had CTD since Friday’s release. After a few days troubleshooting with uninstall/reinstalls, if I don’t install the Nordic update, the sim gets through loading. If I install it, it CTDs. I’ve tested this several times where deleting the update from the Packages/Official lets me get through to a launch and where re-installing causes CTD on load. I won’t be able to test any fixes for this for the next couple of weeks but I wanted to report it.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://youtu.be/k9ia0rt1bKU

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Steam is the only relevant info here.

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

I created a video walking through the whole process evidencing the CTD and the fix, though i’d love to be able to use the Nordic update some time.

I fought the same issue for several days and finally traced it to a single bush trip in the Italy world update. When this bush trip was installed using Content Manager, the sim would CTD and then crash again during the load screens when restarting (unless in safe mode).
After figuring this out I was able to install the full Italy update with the exception of the one bush trip and now everything is working. Hopefully you can do something similar with the Nordic update.

The bush trip in question was one that I had almost fully completed, but when I opted out of the SU11 beta (ultimately by full re-install) I lost all progress. To complete the bush trip, I used the teleport feature in developer mode to rapidly re-fly all the legs I had already completed. After that, it showed that I had 100% completion for the bush trip but apparently when installing SU11 there was a conflict. Not sure how to fix this, but happy at this point that everthing else seems to be working.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m away for a bit but my next step will be to isolate the offending bit of that update. Thanks for the sanity check.

I suspect your method for completing the bush trip has nothing to do with it. I think it’s a coincidence. I suspect there was/is a problem with the installer rather than the sim per se, maybe in combo with steam as it does tend to retain a lot of state information in its configs.