CTD/freezing at Dublin (EIDW)

I can’t believe this has not been fixed yet. It’s the only Airport everyone is yelling that they get CTDs approaching it since the very beginning of MSFS 2020.

Hello Devs ? Can you please take a look at EIDW ?

Personnaly I’ve been ok lately, also downloaded a free scenery on Flightsim.to, but I think it’s a gamble. I avoid it if possible. Super annoying when you execute your airline flight, vatsim, Virtual Airline, all that and can’t land the plane.

Hoping for the best !

2 Likes

Ok, I tried it with the beta. IT WORKED AT LAST.
BUT, the plane in the 2 or 3 miles away from the landing it gets dancing lol it moved one and the other side as crazy, I disarmed autopilot and get the control. I could land normally. There is something in that airport that is messing all the game. That is why is crashing. It seems in the beta is partially fixed. I arrived by ILS 16 runway.
I hope this works for everybody. Get the beta program and try it!

1 Like

Yeah … I think it’s a faulty mesh that regularly gets fixed but then breaks again whenever (possibly) unrelated UK scenery gets worked on. A new Dublin mesh is needed, hopefully it’s already in the works.

I had this problem many updates ago and I deleted rolling cache, deleted scenery index and content.xml and it sorted it out however I recently encountered this problem again and the above didn’t work. After looking at the event viewer for the CTD it told me that the vcruntime140.DLL was to blame so I uninstalled both the C++ 2015 x86 and x64 packages (version 14.32) in control panel and then restarted pc. Then I downloaded the newer ones (both x86 and x64) from Microsoft website (version 14.34) and installed them and restarted, now I get no CTD in to EIDW on approach, I hope this helps. Also before uninstalling C++ I deleted the Uk and Ireland world update and Dublin airport and reinstalled, however this didn’t help until I sorted out C++

4 Likes

Thank u Im trying that

1 Like

Can confirm that this worked out for me, both with and without the 6knots EIDW scenery on flightsim.to. For those looking to download the C++ runtimes, the latest versions can be found here Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Learn

2 Likes

On PC. Just had CTD on Final RWY ILS 28L EIDW - Dublin. This is on the default airport. I do not have the MK Studios payware version.
The CTD happens when either trying to load any aircraft at EIDW, the moment you hit Fly Now, it starts to load up the game but then crashes to desktop.
The CTD also happens on approach when on Finals.
Something is still very wrong in the vicinity of EIDW.

Hello

Yesterday I connected from Dublin, and miraculously it works.
I haven’t changed anything since the CTDs, I don’t understand anything.

You see, this is so weird. I decided to try again today by taking a flight from Dublin (default airport), and the game loaded up without issue at the gate. Using the PMDG 737, I flew the SID and on to Gatwick with no issues.

This Dublin (EIDW) both default and the MK Studios payware version is so intermittent when it comes to CTD, either when trying to load the start of the flight at Dublin, or when on Finals approaching Dublin.

Update: this worked for a few flights to EIDW but just had the same CTD on approach into Dublin again. I’ve heard we can try going into windows settings, then system, graphic settings at bottom of page, then graphic performance preference, select windows store app in drop down menu and add MSFS, and select high performance and save. This forces windows to use the proper graphics card. Will let you know if I still get CTD

I have been doing more flying recently to EIDW. Interestingly, I had a COUATL script error message pop up on approach to RWY 16 exactly where i usually get Dublin CTD (about 10 seconds from touchdown) . So I responded to message (cancel to end script) , and continued to landed ok. It may be conincidence, and probably a bug in MSFS, but I do have GSX installed, and now wonder if it could be a background script issue , something to do with COUATL ? If I close down COUATL on the taskbar well BEFORE a landing at EIDW - it doesnt crash ! Do other users with problems have GSX installed too ? Just a thought anyway…

I don’t have GSX and still get CTDs at and around Dublin.

I read from another forum that this CTD is fixed after uninstalling and reinstalling World Update 3 UK-Ireland.
source: https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftFlightSim/comments/yxzhjb/crash_to_desktop_at_eidw/

Can someone confirm this?

I tried this twice - didn’t help

I can finally spawn on EIDW without CTD. I did these steps:

• Uninstall World Update 3 UK & Ireland
  • Exit and restart MSFS
  • Reinstall World Update 3 UK & Ireland
  • Delete Rolling Cache and recreate a new one
  • Exit and restart MSFS

This worked for me exactly 1 time. Next one CTD

Did you refresh your rolling cache? I think that’s important because it will flush all bad old corrupted data.

BTW. I tried to spawn twice. First on Gate/Parking 175 and the second one was spawning on the air approaching RW26L. (I don’t have any 3rd party EIDW addons, just plain MSFS EIDW)

Both are fine without CTD.

Yes I refreshed the rolling cache and even turned it off. CTD

I don’t use a rolling cache, so we can rule that out as a cause I believe.

1 Like

yes good find and I can confirm that this fixed my issue! I’ve had those CTDs when spawning into EIDW. In safe mode and with addon sceneries. Uninstalling and re-installing WU3 did not change anything. But I also had those vcruntime140.dll errors in the eventlog when the CTD occured. After uprading to the latest version the CTDs are gone!

1 Like