CTD/freezing at Dublin (EIDW)

Ensure that you have the latest microsoft visual c++ 2015-2022 installed.

XSM24 brought the solution back on 8 Jan. As I tried all the previously mentioned “solves” without any consistent luck on getting into and out of EIDW!

After installing the latest Visual C++ release, I can get into EIDW and spawn into EIDW without any issues.

2 Likes

I have - still CTDs

1 Like

I can confirm I’m still getting CTD on approach to EIDW. This happens with payware Fenix A320 and also the MSFS A310. Tried everything, heard there has been a bug in this area since MSFS 1998 and so it could be deep in the code somewhere.

Hmmm…I’ve had many variations of MS Flight Simulator over the years, including MSFS 98, and I never heard of anyone having CTD issues with EIDW until now. Not saying you’re wrong, but I’d be very sceptical of the info you got.

I had problems on the last 30 seconds when landing at Dublin, and spawning for a new flight. Although a file system check (sfc / scannow) seemed to fix some file corruption (possibly from a few CTD) , and definately improved things flying into Dublin, the Visual C++ update (just used the x86 install) above seems to have completely fixed it for me. Thanks for posting the link.

Hi there. I am having ctd’s every time on final 28L Dublin. Did you ever solve the problem?

did you solve this at Dublin, i cant fly in or around the airport without CDT. working fine a few days ago!

Yes. Make sure you download the C++ update above. I’ve had no further issues.

Same here…I am on PC with the Store version…never have CTD’s but just now on EIDW final 28L i had…

After installing the latest Visual C++ release (see link above), I can get into EIDW and spawn into EIDW without any issues. Did the install today 20/2/23 and all solved!

EDIT: nope back to CTDs around Dublin 24/2/23. this is so frustrating, especially on finals on Vatsim. only started the problem a week or so ago, only thing i did back then was install the Fenix A320…coinsidence?? Any advice appreciated.

2 Likes

Also get a CTD at Dublin. Borh when I want to start from Dublin and when I tried to land at Dublin

Today I Install the latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable and the issue is gone.

I had also consistent CTD:s on the 27L approach with the FBW A32NX. I double checked I had the latest VC++ versions, removed EIDW freeware scenery which included the new 28R (which was needed to work with latest Navigraph data), clearing out SceneryIndexes etc.
I finally found a quick test that gave consistent CTD to test with: spawning the Cessna 152 in the air at waypoint LAPMO and then turning west towards the airport. This always crashed consistently after a nm or so. I did not have the UK World Update installed at those tests, as I also read somewhere that the update could be the one causing the crashes.

What finally worked for me was to exit sim, clean out SceneryIndexes, keep rolling cache off and then reinstalling the UK World Update.
When testing this with the standard 152 at LAPMO test, I got quite a short stutter where the CTD normally happened, but it then continued past the crash point.
I tested the same a few more times and also with other aircraft and it was 100% stable. I then reinstalled the freeware EIDW as well as Navigraph and retested it and it still worked.
I really hope this has cured the issue once and for all for me.

I had this happen several times yesterday.
Thought it was my MK Studios version.
Uninstalled and the re-installed but still CTD when loading info airport.

Doesn’t happen at EICK/EINN/EIDL/EGAA

Suck a shame as I enjoy going in and out of Dublin

Judging hy this post a two year problem

1 Like

Hi, have you updated C++ as per the link above ? It fixes the Dublin crashes…

I have same problem but it also crashes with the inbuilt A310 on final to 28L :frowning:

It may be worth removing Fenix folder from community folder but I doubt this will change anything, I will let you know

That’s weird, I can replicate the CTD now, not sure if yesterdays update changed something?

Very possible, they included some UK & Ireland fixes and this bug has been known to resurface before. Think someone needs to place it on the todo list before every release.

Just one question - have you actually “bought” and installed the free patches from the marketplace?

1 Like

Yes I have the MK Studios EIDW with all updates installed. Regarding World Updates, I only installed the UK updates from the Marketplace a couple of months ago. I haven’t updated the other world updates yet. The actual MSFS update was installed yesterday and no CTD with Fenix A320 or MSFS A310 for the time being.

1 Like