CTD/freezing at Dublin (EIDW)

It’s not only Dublin though, other airports in Ireland experience the same thing.

How do I find a fault bucket id, and where is content.xml? I’m on the Steam version for PC.

** I found the content.xml but that just seems like a list of MS base and community modules. Not sure I’m comfortable deleting that without without a better understanding of why and what happens next.

CTD leaving Dublin, default scenery. EIDW or EIWT.

2 CTDs while on ground at mk studios dublin (Xbox)
Out of blue as this airport has been fine for the last couple of weeks

I had this problem for a while, but somehow it seems to have resolved itself. In any case, Dublin could do with an update, Poolbeg is sadly neglected.

Seems to be working again for me with the MK Studios version in both VR and non-VR.

I think I tracked the problem down to AI Ship files, I deleted Gaist files in the community folder and installed the latest version from flightsim.to. EIDW seems to be loading fine now.

2 Likes

Another CTD for me, landing from the east on glidescope capture, although this route seem to be CTD free until just

Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.30.30704.0, time stamp: 0x615a9215

I know that there is a huge list of reports of this airport but nothing is being done to resolve the permanent CTDs there, whether trying to fly from or land. I had installed MK Studios addon purchased through Orbx and initially it did work. After MSFS updates, not any more.

One thing is that it ALWAYS appeared in the ‘NOT INSTALLED’ section of my hanger.

Even removing this add-on the problem still exists.

Seems to be no chance of support from MK Studios (do they still exist?). Using the support button on Orbx takes you to the MK Studios web page but, the MSFS version is not listed, so no help there.

Wonder if it will ever be resolved? The most annoying things are: 1) I cannot use the default airport 2) I paid for the addon, so a waste of money. 3) so much time wasted thinking it was one of my aircraft causing the problem.

Except for this airport, I have no problem elsewhere.

Consequent CTDs for me when trying to load the A/C. Fault bucket: 1503022871692021661, type 5

Well EIDW worked today!
As far as this airport is concerned, this is my very short story and a possible fix? Not gonna hold my breath, but here goes.

When I installed MKJ-Studio’s EIDW, it always showed as ‘uninstalled’ in the Contents Manager but it did work okay. Was a while since I flew to or from there, but recently I’ve had the dreaded CTDs

So why did it work today?

I had previously uninstalled it from the Orbx app. and ofc it failed to work with the generic airport. Today I reinstalled the add-on and noticed how quickly it installed. Curious. Didn’t work ofc.

Uninstalled again but this time I did a ‘iedw’ search in the MSFS folder. Huge amounts of MK-Studio files there! Deleted every one. Reinstalled the addon (took longer) and bingo, it worked, nor did it show as ‘not installed’ in the Contents Manager.

My Flight: BAe 146 cold and dark at IEDW gate. Start up and taxied. Did a departure and route to EGCC. Not a hitch!

Just one flight so far so hope this will work next time I fly.

If this works for you then I’ll be real pleased!

Alan

UPDATE: Sadly, I have to say that the return flight from EGCC on approach to EIDW failed again CTD :cry:

Well, the CTD appeared again on a short flight from Weston to Dublin, faulty module: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.30.30704.0, time stamp: 0x615a9215

Ugh tried two flights both from Heathrow into Dublin and both CTDs. Im releived everyone is having this problem as its not just me. Hope we get it fixed next update looks flying in and around Ireland is a no go atm.

Had to fly in and out of here because of a Neofly mission. I literally lost count of the number of CTD I had. I couldn’t fly in, couldn’t fly out and couldn’t fly over. So I came here to see what ‘my’ problem could be only to discover that it’s an unresolved ‘MSFS’ problem that’s been going for 5 months!

I’ll just treat it like Ukrainian airspace for the time being and avoid the area, but this must suck if you’re Irish or want to regularly use Dublin/EIDW.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

I get CTDs in EIDW default when entering VR.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Select EIDW as start airport, no matter the position and start VR after the sim has loaded.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

2255081952446386441, type 5

Are you using DX12?

No

Are you using DLSS?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

it is happen to me also.

I get a CTD with this DLC when loading in on the Xbox Series X using the SU10 Beta. Had to uninstall for now. Hopefully a patch is being worked on to make this compatible with the public release of SU10.

1 Like

Is strange, I’ve been flying out of Dublin for a few weeks now in VR, with different weather and time settings and it’s been flawless. I’ve flown with both the default Dublin airport and the DLC.

It’s so frustrating to be hit with a CTD after a long enjoyable flight.

My setup is as follows, just in case hardware could be part of the problem,

Gen 12 I5, RTX 3080, 32 gig of DDR4 and all Ssd’s. I have been using DLSS since Beta 10 and it’s stopped a lot of stuttering. Hopefully a fix is found soon.

Hello EIDW MK…
i have just realised that perhaps we need to clear the cache within MSFS in order to realise the scenry changes? within MSFS clear/delete ROLLING cache… seems right, and I have done it, and I am back to MSFS EIDE scenery. process a bit sloppy as I imaginr GIGS of data are re-loaded/downloaded.
Niall