CTD from loading screen after checking for updates (no error) #PC

Zendesk link: Game crashes to desktop after checking for updated and blue progress bar is nearly complete – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Microsoft Store version

Clean install, nothing in community folder

Welp, up until now, I’ve not had any persistent issues with the sim. Since yesterday, I’ve not been able to properly install the dang sim. It’ll CTD after it checks for updates, and the blue progress bar is about to be finished loading. CTD. I’ve downloaded almost a terabyte of data for the game since yesterday trying to get this resolved.

Take note, the game was installed and playing just fine. I uninstalled the game, put a new ssd in, and also upgraded my video card. I installed a 3080ti from my previous 3080. SSD went from a 1TB 970 EVO PLUS to a 2TB 980 Pro. All other games installed to the new ssd are playing just fine.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
Microsoft Flight Simulator Crash to Desktop (clean install) PC Windows Store Version - YouTube

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Installed restarted pc, start game ctd, uninstalled, reboot pc, repeated 6 times now.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
Ryzen 7 5800x
64GB Gskill 3600 DDR4 RAM
Gigabyte x570 Pro Wifi motherboard
Samsung 2TB 980 Pro ssd
Samsung 1TB 970 EVO PLUS

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Latest release

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: CTD after checking for updates

A vote has been moved.

Hi @F34RTEHR34PER

I’ve merged your topic into another one about the same issue that has more votes, so that we can keep all responses to this issue together and importantly so votes don’t get split between the two. Feel free to continue the discussion over on that thread.

Thanks!