CTD in World Map!?

This has worked for me as well.thank you!

Since the recent Caribbean update I am getting CTD’s in map view when I click on another player plane to check what they’re flying, which server, etc. Anyone else with similar problem?

Yup I just CTD when I clicked on another player’s aircraft icon too.

Yep same here — this problem is back to haunt me.

Only done it once, but it was stable until then since the last time they did something to fix it. Are we back to needing to use the filter to show no Bing data image on the map view?

I haven’t had a crash yet but I have had the thing where airport parking positions don’t load when zooming in. Which seems to be due to some kind of timeout, which was theorised to be the problem causing the CTDs before.

If this has regressed then that’s very disappointing.

Ah I mis-read – my CTD problem was selecting a destination airport. Not another player icon. Same as we had a month or so ago (can’t remember exactly but the time we all had to limit network bandwidth to 100mbit and disable satellite view).

Again, not the same issue but I just had a CTD going into the game having gone back to the menu from going in wrongly on the runway instead of C&D like I planned. Second time in - bang, CTD. The last time this was happening was when we had the map CTD problems etc. If this has regressed again, people will be… unhappy.

Time to prep my VPN, just in case.

Known issue:

Getting this often again since weekend. What gives? I’m going back to IFR map style for now! Grrrrr…