CTD Italian Airports issue

Hi Jayne and Team,

Each time I end a flight after taking off I got CTD on all the Italians airports!
What is going on? with SU5?
Should I reinstall or what could be the issue?
Thx

Should rather be in Bugs&Issues.
Also please provide more details:
Do you take off and immediately end a flight?
Name one exemplary route/airport where it happens, I doubt that you tested every Italian airport, so one example is necessary.
Do you have any addons installed? Community folder or bought via Marketplace?
Which aircraft are you using?
Etc.

All these questions are part of the template that you’d have to fill in if you open the thread in Bugs&Issues instead of General Discussion.
They are the minimum required in order to try to reproduce your issue.

Thank you for your advice.
1-Do you take off and immediately end a flight? YES
2-Do you have any addons installed? Community folder or bought via Marketplace? YES BOTH
3- Cessna 208B

This thread has been moved to #bugs-and-issues:airports. Please fill in this form below:

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Brief description of the issue:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

Hi Jayne.

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox. PC

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version? Microsoft Store

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
I have already done that .and all was fine. The issues is coming from both add-ons community and Market place.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? NO

Brief description of the issue: take off and immediately end a flight. and then CTD

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: Taking off of Florence , Malpensa, Linate , Ciampino, Verona, LIDO DI VENEZIA AIRFIELD

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile) Alienware Aurora R7-Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz- RAM 64.0 GB (63.8 GB usable) - Nvidia GEforce GTX 1080 TI- VRAM 11 G

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: SU5

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version? Microsoft Store version

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #? [118953]

Well adding that information is kind of important…

Try adding or removing addons one by one until you know which one is causing it.
Then contact the 3rd party that created the addon causing your issues.

With the info provided, I doubt anyone could help you fixing your issue.

1 Like

I Have more than 1000 add-ons… it’s like finding a needle in a haystack.

But you need to understand that nobody will do it for you. Not sure what you expect from this thread exactly.
Also you already opened a thread about CTDs (again with basically no information) which got closed:

I know I am all by myself. but before SU5 everything was working fine. I am expecting advice. Are you from the MSFS team?

No, I’m not. I intended to try to reproduce your issue but found out, I can’t.

And yeah, with SU5 some/many addons got incompatible. You have to check each if there’s an update.

I always suggest to only load the addons that you intend to use in that session (e.g. only aircraft/scenery you intend to fly). AddonLinker is your friend.

1 Like

Do you have rolling cache enabled? If so, delete it from options and let the game rebuild it.
You can optionally delete it in windows explorer with the sim closed. It will be in, C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

The same can be said of any manual cache, but try the rolling cache delete first if you’ve enable either.

Thank you.
I have already done that and i am still facing the same issues.

Personally, I don’t presently buy from the marketplace. I have uninstalled every marketplace airport. I bought an airport there last week, and it caused issues in the sim. I looked at the file structure and noticed a bunch of folders with generic names.

Since SU5, Asobo required some changes to mods with respect to file and folder names. Apparently, if any mod or livery uses generic names it causes conflict when other mods also do the same, and end up looking for the same file names. I love the sim and the direction it’s heading, but the marketplace is one area where Asobo really needs to tighten up their act and act responsibly. They have to curate any mod they sell to ensure there are no easily identifiable errors, but imo the are failing in this.

I strictly download SU5 compatible stuff from Flightsim.to for now.

I’m just going to quote another thread. I had problems with AWD’s TNCM, which I did not purchase from the marketplace. Here was a solution posted by Peiloth.

SOURCE: TNCM / TFFG issues!

Unfortunately you hit a known issue with the 3rd parties airports, which use same folder names for materials, leading to a CTD

You very likely have another airport with same mymaterials name somewhere

So renaming the folder as you did is fine

But you need also to update the layout.json file with the new name you assigned to the folder. Use a text editor for that

There’s also a utility that build the layout.json for you, it’s called MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe, just search the forum here aand you will find the download link

awdesigns need to update their package ASAP for this issue

In the root folder for awdesigns-tncm, there is a materialLibs subfolder

Under materialLibs subfolder is a textures subfolder

You should change the name of the textures subfolder to something like:

awd-tncm-tffg-textures

Then, in the root awdesigns-tncm folder, there’s a layout.json file

Open it with a text editor or notepad

Change any occurence of

materialLibs/textures

by:

materialLibs/awd-tncm-tffg-textures

Be careful to keep the rest of text for each line changed

If you mess it up, just delete the complete awdesigns-tncm folder and redownload it from your profile content manager in MSFS

IMO, it takes product updates WAYYYYYYYYYYYY to long to hit the marketplace.

I don’t care what I download now, I check for the above quoted condition or it doesn’t get installed.

1 Like

froggy, IMHO you have at minimum 950 too many add-ons. The odds that all of these are going to continue to work, and work together, as the sim evolves as it is doing now is low to zero.

I learned this lesson when I started xPlane a few years ago. I downloaded every tempting little add-on out there…and reduced to sim to garbage. Some addons are great, some not so much, and all the developers of these addons have to keep up with the changes in the sim as it progresses.

I suggest you remove them all, then think carefully about which ones you actually need, then add the important ones back in one-by-one. Before you add anything to the sim, check around on the forums to see who else is using it and if it is causing problems.

I only have about 10 addons the I feel actually add to the experience…and no CTD’s. FWIW! Cheers.

2 Likes

Fightsim.to shows SU5 compatibility status for each mod, in it’s description. If you log in, you can follow or rate anything you DL. If you’re logged in, you get notifications when something you follow is updated. I don’t risk the sim’s stability with outdated mods, and my sim is rock stable.

1 Like

Thank you Wilco

Thank you Waldo

1 Like

I know how frustrating it can be when your S doesn’t work. =)

1 Like

One more thing Froggy, if you look at that TNCM post it’s OP was from MAY.

It’s almost October, and I downloaded the most recent version of TNCM from AWD’s site last week. IT’S STILL BROKE.

I searched further, and found more posts. The quality levels are all over the place, so everyone just has to exercise caution. The only sure way is to load one mod, test the sim. If it works, add another.

Or, you could go all Columbo on it. Move half your mods, try it. If it’s stable, then you removed the bad one. If not, it’s still in your folder. Split what’s left, test again.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like