CTD new install

Hi all

Hope someone here can help me I purchessed MSFS2020 and downloaded over night so I assume its the latest version with all the updates I right click as administrator and get a black boarder screen for about 5 seconds then it CTD have done all updates and latest nvidia card update but still no joy

regards

Paul

Hi,

without the message printed within the windows event viewer, we canā€™t say mutch. Can you post the error message ?

Often the users forgot to install the English Langugue Pack US or run into trouble with sound drivers / tools ( Asus Sonic * , Nahimic ).

same happens to my pc. steam updated 700MB, then only 5second of bank screen then CTD. it was working fine before the SU5, actually never got to SU5 as it wouldnā€™t even get to the updating part. ended up reinstalling and deleting all msfs2020 and now still doing the same thing, wouldnā€™t get to game downloading screen.

1 Like

and you are not also a user of these Process Lasso Tool ? ā€¦ if yes, deinstall itā€¦

otherwiseā€¦ please post error message from windows event viewer.

ahh nice, thanks I never thought that would be the problem since it had been working fine before the update. now I donā€™t feel left out when people complains about other bugs that I couldnā€™t even get to before lol

1 Like

Hi
I changed from English language pack U.S to English language U.K and it worked straight away so far so good
regards
Paul

1 Like

I have been pulling my hair on this same issue-- msfs2020 worked just fine from initial 1-3 updatesā€¦ i didnt play for a couple of months. and this past july, turned it back on. and using steam or directly to the application, it will say ā€œrunningā€ and a few seconds later- goes to black screen with white borders as if ready to load and then it goes back to ā€œStartā€ on steam, or simply just crashes to Desktop. Iā€™ve followed every instructions on checking/ verifying integrity and still nothingā€¦ iā€™ve finally uninstalled and removed all files, appdate/roaming etcā€¦ and tried to install- it install up to 718mbsā€¦ and does the same thing over and overā€¦ iā€™ve never had such issue such as thisā€¦ HELPā€¦

same as mentioned:

( and also check the process lasso post, just in case :wink: )

I dont have any other application such as Lasso added to this simulator. There are no ā€˜errorā€™ message it just simply crashes - as it attempts to open up (blank screen and few seconds later, back to ā€œPLAYā€ button. i have tried every thing, including removing all and everything related to Microsoft Flight simulator. removed all folders (%appdata%) and anything i can find related to this sim, and still no luckā€¦ I have 300GB space in SSD, and 500Gb on HHD. all other games in my pc/ steam works just fine, including X-Plane 11 and othersā€¦ The sim was performing fine on initial purchase in Augustā€¦ and played for most part in 2020 , 500 hours worthā€¦ it seems after the 3rd or 4th updates. it simply wont load upā€¦ clean installed have been attempted more than 3 times already with no luckā€¦ Wasted $100+ worth of deluxe package.

How do you change to English language pack when i canā€™t even get into the game?

Hi erosdriver
Just go to start button on desk top select settings language pack you might need to download the uk language pack when done restart pc then load up flight sim 2020 this option worked for me just fine

there isā€¦ open Windows Event Viewer and check for errors. ( howto ).

it not a ā€œin gameā€ setting. Meant is windowsā€¦

Important is the ā€œUSā€ Language Pack ( not as former mentioned UK ).

Howto:
Windows Setting ā†’ Language Settings > Speech > Manage Voice
choose Add voices and install the English (United States) Language Pack

flight sim would not start in US language pack so installed UK language pack being in the U.K works fine for me not sure why your saying the U.S pack is important

its the usually issueā€¦ just search in forum for these language pack :).

Also FAQ mentioned it since a longer while:

PS: and it is not necessary to made it to your default windows language. Only the Lang Pack needs to be installed.