CTD Post WorldUpdate X

FS2020 will Start to the main screen every time with no issue.

Selecting any normal plane I have been flying for the last few weeks DA62, C172 and Kodiak from my normal locations now CTD about 0.5 way through loading. There is a stutter in the music and then CTD

The general advice is that it’s something in your community folder - well it wasn’t before the update and you want me to remove all the Orbx scenery and go through one by one - you think I’ve got hours to kill ?

Safe mode DOES appear to fix the problem and disabling any addon I have by using AddOn Manager does NOT solve the issue.

EventViewer only shows a pretty bog standard FS20202 crashed :

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 10.0.22000.653, time stamp: 0xffc86d2c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000013361d
Faulting process ID: 0x2f04
Faulting application start time: 0x01d88159dac147f4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
Report ID: bda913aa-9b97-42f8-b8cc-edba67690eb1
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I have also started FS2020 with no additional apps, AirManager, Sky4Sim, SpadNext for example, this makes no difference.

Things were stable and fine Pre NVidia, Win11 OS or FS2020 World Update X, so don’t really see any issues with the ‘stuff’ i already had running with out issue. The common ‘thing’ is WU-X

Anyone any thoughts, magic tricks, wisdom ?

Just a random thought - try it with DX12 and see if it runs.

Same crash with my system since the update. Safe doesn’t fix the crash.

1 Like

Crashed on startup every time after WU10. Just finished another reinstall. Touch wood.

Worth a go but I think other addons fail if it’s enabled as they don’t support it yet.

Wow, reinstalling FS2020 takes some effort.
I have just rebuilt my PC about a month ago (so OS & FS), so it’s pretty much clean.
Hope all goes well for you but that is not a fix MS should advise of.
I think al though we all like the updates the cadence needs to slow and testing needs to improve.

2 Likes

We have existing topics about these specific error, it points just often to gpu or driver…

You can try to re-install a stable driver version ( with reset option ) and/or do a test with limiting max fps to a low value ( e.g. 30 ) in nvidia control center.

See also: Search results for 'd3d11.dll order:latest' - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I have tested running in DX12 (Beta), this does solve the CTD but at a performance loss, so that would indicate D3D11.DLL issue.

That’s what I thought. You could re-download the DirextX drivers and re-install, along with the latest graphics card drivers.

Mine crashes to desktop after the latest update… I uninstalled and reinstalled it with no success. The only way I can run the simulator is by starting it using Razor Cortex. I’m hoping another update will fix this issue.

@PeetNZ beside of re-installing drivers I mentioned… In case you have VR hardware + software running may be that post is also intressting for you: