CTD when clicking "Ready to Fly" after an unsuccessful Move

The game freezes and exits to the desktop after I click “Ready to Fly”. PC version. Installed from the XBox app. No add-ons (community folder is empty).

Haven’t been playing for a while, and decided to move the package files to another drive. Did Move from Windows Settings → Apps, but it says it’s not successful when it was almost done! The packages file on C: are all gone, but they are not on the other drive either. Then launched the game and had it download all the packages again, to the D: drive.

But after that, I couldn’t start a flight. After clicking “Ready to Fly”, it’ll quit to the desktop.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the XBox app, repairing the app and resetting the app from Windows Settings → Apps. Also tried the solutions mentioned in other posts with the same symptom. None of those worked.

What else can I try? Thanks!

1 Like

Not sure if this is a coincidence, but it worked when I tried a Flight Training session. Then after that, my usual flight from World Map worked as well.

I have exactly the same issue since update 10. When I press the “Fly” button my FPS drops to 2 and game freezes

Turn off multiplayer.

Tried all that including uninstalled and reinstalled :weary:

Same here, since the recent Sim Update 10 (1.27.21.0), when trying to fly from anywhere on the world map, CTD after a few seconds. Latest MS system updates, NVidia RTX3060 with 12GB GPU RAM, latest GPU drivers. Seems I can run training flights and landing challenges, not tried bush trips. Not sure where to start as no real information in the event viewer on Windows Error Reporting.

I may have notice something at any airport I tried. Before update - loading and plane set on taxi moving toward the runway. After update - loading and plane set on taxi but not moving toward the runway. it’s crash to desktop. There gotta be a something that need delete and reinstall.

I google search and find this link but can’t find it in General Options or Assistance Options

1. Uninstall or Disable plug-ins such as FaceTrackNoIR or TrackIR.

Now tested many discovery flights, landings and bush trips, all worked without issue. Only bug I encounter, which is a big issue is that the sim CTD whenever I try to use the world map to initiate a flight. Next i’ll look at saved flights, see if the issue is with world map entirely.

1 Like

I noticed something weird with my CTD’s, when press “ready to fly” while spawned on the runway/gate at an airport the game immediately CTD. But if I spawn at a random spot on the map the game runs normally. I don’t have any mods installed, this only started happening after SU10

1 Like

Same experience, when I go from a random point on world map, CTD occurs when I select an airport and runway, or even airborne at an airport. I have tested previously saved flights and these also seem to work without CTD

I’m waiting for an answer to fix since several days. CTD happen when start at airport or at runway. CTD didn’t happen when start airborne.

exact same issue here, was working absoloutely fine last night, today I turn it on and it CTD every time when I click ready to fly

I also just noticed that my world map looks weird, ifyou zoom in there are no buildings, big cities are just greyed over

this is what LA looks like when I load in… for reference I run high/ultra 1440p

Reinstalling doesn’t help BTW, I just tried and I still have the exact same issue with the “Ready to Fly” CTD’s

Have you tried this solution :slight_smile:

it worked for me

2 Likes

Don’t know how you worked that out Byothe1

Worked for me also

1 Like

Worked for me too, after doing tons of other stuff like a reinstall - thanks for posting that. Wish I had seen it first :grimacing: