CTD When Creating Manual Cache

Just updated to 1.14.5.0.
I tried to manual cache some capital city in South-East Asia with Medium-High quality.
No issues.

I can confirm that update fixes crash, at least in my case.
I don’t know city like Jakarta, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur are photogrammatery area or not.

I have just had a go at re-downloading photogrammetry in London. This time I chose a smaller area, Canary Wharf and Isle of Dogs, just to the west of London City airport. No ctd and it is slowly downloading the relevant data. Maybe smaller areas is the way to go!

Update: I was surprised to see that this small area (of less than 2 square miles) amounted to 2.15 GiB of data. It is entirely possible that the area I had originally chosen was just too large!

So the painted area doesn’t move around on it’s own for you fellows?

Yes it does for me in a slightly awkward way. I keep having to zoom out and in to reset the position.
It seems to be worse when panning vertically rather than horizontally.

Hi all,

I try this just now only for Narita Airport and its surrounding area. The sim CTD while trying to cache the area in High resolution. Community folder was emptied while doing this. I tried 6 times and 6 times the sim CTD.

Also, I noticed the grid box when highlighting the area you want to cache is moving away from the area when you scroll the map left, right, up or down. Never seen this before in older version.

The Sims have no issue downloading area in medium and low.

I tried to cache a fairly large part of London and the area around RJAA at High quality and did not suffer any CTDs (although I did not let the entire London cache download, it would take hours with my pitiful connection), however I did notice the tiles shifting position while panning the map. It happens even without any highlighted area. It’s a shame to see a feature like this neglected so much, the entire process is as cumbersome as it was at launch.

@OlieTsubasa443 I see that this was removed from the Known Issues list, could you please let the developers know that some people are still experiencing the issue? Thanks.

2 Likes

still ctd crashes while download to manual cashes after 1.14.5.0 (Sim Update 3) - more seldom but still.

what do those guys at asobo? since world update 3 they messed this sim up to be unplayable …

I’v tried to create manual cache after SIm Update III… So if you cover a relatively small area it’s typically working. When I’ve tried to add some bigger areas, it’s giving me CTD.

:+1: I am the original author of this thread and submitter of the official bug ticket for this and I can confirm that after Sim Update 3 (SU3), the manual cache creation is working again. This is based on the following:

:heavy_check_mark: Created multiple (seven) high-quality cache areas covering small areas of 15-20 square miles each.
:heavy_check_mark: Create a couple of medium-quality cache areas of approximately 30-40 square miles each.

Before SU3, I was unable to do this, as described in my original post above.

With the new update, I’m still getting the weird panning issue, as others say much more when panning vertically, but still slightly when panning left/right.

It also CTD’d for me on the very first area I tried to cache, which is Southend. I have the Orbx EGMC airport pack installed from the marketplace, and perhaps that’s the issue. I was pretty disappointed that it crashed, but thought I’d give another go, and everywhere else I’ve tried so far, including London, has cached without major incident.

But it’s a reliable CTD when trying to cache southend, even if I try to cache just EGMC and the immediate area, it’ll always CTD.

FWIW, I do also have the Orbx EGLC airport … so given that southend fails to cache, but London (including EGLC) doesn’t, implies that add-ons are irrelevant here. But no idea why Southend would fail … they did include some models in there of the pier I believe, but with no photogrammetry. But then I’ve also cached the white cliffs that were modelled (not photogrammetry), and that was fine.

So … ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Hi,

unfortunately I can’t confirm - I still get these errors.
Sim Update III / Community folder is empty - I tried to cache EDDM (only the airport) in HIGH

Patiently waiting for a fix

cheers
Dominik

1 Like

What is strange I have CTD when downloading 2nd photogrammetry area (East London) to Manual Cache, the 1st one (Copenhagen) downloaded fine.
The grid still moves intependently from the map below it.
See here:

Here too.
I tried so many tricks, small areas, Low, Medium, and High. It worked once then never again! (voted)

I had the same issue, I tried everything and the only thing which helped: clean reinstall of FS

same here, CTD.
i can’t believe this issue still not fixed since January.
so far I didn’t need it, but now I need and discover it’s not working at all…

This was broken for me previously and then got ‘fixed’ in that I could manual cache on high settings once again. However this is no longer the case.

Currently I can manually cache at levels low and medium. However, whenever I try to cache a small area around London City Airport at high level I get a repeatable ctd.

I get CTD on high settings - Low and Medium is downloading fine.

Trying to download area around EGMC.

I have bought the EGMC airport scenery if that makes a difference?

Ah, been wondering what has been happening. I did several manual cache builds elsewhere but the second I attempt to make one near London City Airport, it has a CTD.
I’ve made manual caches in KPDX, KSEA, LOWI, and several other places with no issues.
Sounds like an Asobo problem.
Lets get this sorted. Who do we check in with to fix this?

Cached a large area on High last week. No CTD, just the vertical pan bug. The download did hang a few times, requiring a restart of the sim, before finally finishing.

There is also no explanation as to how you should use this process, I’ve been drawing a rectangle around a large area & then zooming in until until I get the “High quality” icon light up, or whatever it says, the downloads however seem to be very small in memory.
I also have moving tiles as I pan around ?