CTD when Joystick is connected

so i did try other suggestions as well. @hobanagerik thanks for the link. however, NO progress. As soon as the T.A320 Pilot is connected, I get a CTD. Also tried a T.16000M, same result. An instant CTD. Creating a new profile offline results in a redownload of the old profile as sooon as I start the sim while connected. So right now I am out of Ideas. All other games do recognize the sticks and work flawless. So it has to be the da*&%/ synced profiles. Again any help is highly appreciated.

I think in that thread I posted there was an additional process where you would confirm that the user profile on disk, which has hopefully be created, and should be easy to find, has no bindings.

What you do is manually edit that file to have some bindings so that it is no longer empty, or no longer a “null” profile.

You have to edit the profile with a text editor, like Notepad.

unfortunately ther are no “null” profiles for me. I can see all my created profiles and the yall do have sets of bindings. I followed every step in your post, but nothing changed,

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. :frowning:

I’m not sure what else to suggest.

Here is a post that might help.
He shows how he overcame the same issue.

3 Likes

That did the trick. After following the steps and restarting the Sim I was asked which profile to use, local or cloud. Continuing with the local files initiates a new sync to the cloud.

Thank you very much for this!

3 Likes

You’re welcome, but thanks are more due to the original poster!

Nice to hear it worked! :+1:

2 Likes

Cant even find where these files are on steam?

See this link:

Well same here, my flight sim was working ok, but I did a windows reinstall and then, every time MSFS 2020 starts CTD, but only if any controller is conncet. So if you decide fly on mouse e keyboard, everything is fine.
I tryed everthing, a clear windows, steam and MSFS install, nothing works. I asked microsoft and they repplied they are awere of the issue… So I quit playing for good. I will try X-Plane 11 or prepar3d…

That’s a known issue, as you suggest, but with a workaround if you care to search for it on the forums. Quite a few users have experienced this.

whats the link for the workaround?

I think there are a few variants of this process.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the problem was solved after the WU4?

No it has not. In fact, I cannot complete any flight unless I fly without rudder pedals. Tried a different set of pedals but that does not seem to make a difference.
This happens to me on multiple PC’s. Deleting cloud data doesn’t seem to solve it.

I just came across then when connecting a Saitek Cyborg 3D Force joystick.
Any answers please?
Thanks

may be…

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/game-crashes-when-joystick-attached/141557/7?u=michamma

The answer is – yours is another particular OBSOLETE Joystick than seems to also cause a CTD when plugged in.

But I believe that yours is only a RUMBLE FF Joystick, unlike the MS Sidewinder 2, that is a true Force Feed back Unit.

Also, bear in mind, both of these Joysticks are 20+ year old, and have not been in production for over 15 years.

But, despite all the above, MSFS 2020 should not CTD when a USB device is plugged in !!!

1 Like

I also have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro which does not cause a CTD.
Precisely, a USB device should NOT cause a problem.

In my case , when I connect it up when MSFS is running, it manages to at least read some of the Joystick info, like its name & Id, but then will CTD after putting up the message about having to set upo the Binds yourself.
Should not be that difficult to see why PID.dll is causing a CTD, and program around it !!