CTD when returning to main menu with Milviz PC-6

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Since SU9, I get a CTD as soon as I try to return to the main menu. It happens when the progress bar is a bit over the middle.

I have cleared the community folder, re-installed the PC6, but this didn’t help.

I never had any problem with tis plane before.

It doesn’t happenwith the stock planes and the N32NX.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start a flight with the Milviz PC-6 anywhere and try to exit to the main menu (immediately or later doesn’t matter).

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB 3200MHz, 1000GB SSD, RTX 2070 Super, 3840x1200 (32:10), CH Products Yoke/Thrustmaster Pedals//VKB Gladiator NXT/Logitech Throttle, FS MS Store version, Nvidia 497.09, Win10 21H1

For better performance I only have installed only a part or the sceneries and airplanes. The system is very clean and used for MSFS (almost) exclusively.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU9

SU9 is a bit of a … mess. We’re looking into this.

3 Likes

Check this:

I have the same issue. Hopefully it gets sorted but I have confidence in Milviz and Asobo to work things out.
It must be difficult for developers to keep up with all the changes to the sim, breaking things that worked before. This sim is clearly being raised with love and care but it still has some growing up to do.

1 Like

Same issue here

Reported it at Milviz support site.

1 Like

We have replicated and isolated the bug… We’re looking for a fix.

6 Likes

That’s good news and thanks for keeping us informed.

Thank you for the good news! I’m looking forward to have my favorite plane back :slight_smile:

Hi there,
For any third-party bugs (even if the bugs were created by sim updates), they go in Third Party Addon Discussion > Aircraft. The best place to report them is in the developers’ official support channels, because third-party developers are not allowed to provide technical support in the forums (though there is no restriction on talking about issues).
In this case, I am glad to see that it looks like this issue is being worked on!

Found the bug. We will do a hot fix for Monday EDT

I shouldn’t have been so specific on the date.

Note: this isn’t a promise…it’s a statement… and one we couldn’t keep. We’re hopping to get it out today.

We will send it to Orbx at the same time as we release it.

4 Likes

Thanks, since it’s past Monday I’m assuming it doesn’t go to the ORBX loader straight away?
Would this fix go to the ORBX store soon as well?
Thanks!

Hi, I also would like to ask about an expected update time (Marketplace in this case). I just bought the plane this weekend and have been anxiously looking at it in the hangar. :smiley: Guess I’ll have to buy that 310R in the meantime. Thank you!

It hasn’t pushed yet even to the milviz site. No response on discord about updating either.

We’ve prepped the installer and it’s going out today if it passes testing.

Apologies for the delay

3 Likes

Thanks Milviz, got your update via Orbx Central installer and the issue is now fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had bought the PC-6 in the MSFS Marketplace. I did not get any update yet.

Will it come soon? Or what can I do?

You’ll have to wait till MS releases it.