CTDs are back

well, i see that with almost all big games lately. and some people never get it to work too.
you need to be more realistic about it, its sadly how it works nowadays.
but i am having a ton of fun with msfs.

hmmā€¦ thats realy differentā€¦

Have you already some kind of marketplace add-ons/airports installed in the region where you start ?

Iā€™am not sure, but there is a may be a chance that it points to the nahimic service, if you have no add-ons installed. At least you can check whether you find such a service ( windows services nahimic ) and stop it.

I did not find the Nahimic service in searching Services.

I am also getting a CTD with Faulting module name: windowscodecs.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x1decf0c2
Exception code: 0xc0000005

and

Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll, version: 30.0.15.1215, time stamp: 0x62331dc5

If I may interject guys, you mentioned powered USB hubs. I used a powered hub to connect my various flight devices, it being very convenient to be able to switch them on and off without accessing the back of the machine all the time. I was suffering freezing problems quite badly but noticed the USB connect/disconnect sound occasionally although it never actually went to full CTD. So I rerouted all my connections to ensure the flight peripherals had direct USB3 access and have had no further problems.

It may not be your problem of course but I mention it as an idea in case anyone wants to try it. Sometimes you have to think outside the box a bit.

1 Like

Of course Asobo could fix bugs, and there are bugs in this sim. Even in the latest update notes, they mentioned theyā€™ve fixed a couple of CTD bugs. For those who think MSFS is perfect, think again.

that dll is part of nvidia driver. so maybe try another version?

i do not think anyone thinks that.

1 Like

oh manā€¦ new errors :grimacing:

A questionā€¦ you mentioned you reinstalled windows. Have you installed in meanwhile all the programs you owned ? Is Capture One installed at your system ??

If not, the ā€œnvwgf2umx_cfg.dllā€ bring us may be back to the question : why you needed former a fps limit that your system runs fineā€¦ not that we still search the whole time a strange gpu issue ( or any strange driver thing ).

And, may be,ā€¦ is MSI Afterburner( RivaTuner ) up2date ? or the question little bit other: have you other tools running if you start msfs ?

So I have an update. I took my PC to a local repair shop yesterday. It appears that the RAM was defective. During memory testing multiple dll crashes occurred mimicking the issues I was having. They re-did the testing with a different memory stick and the testing passed with no crashes. I had them install 32 GB Corsair Vengance units. Crossing my fingers. Iā€™ll have the PC later today and look forward to HOPEFULLY flying.

1 Like

CTD are back
During the first flight, then I go back to the game a everything goes smooth

ahā€¦ that was also on our ā€œpossible reasonsā€ list and happens more often as we might think. Often its the xmp mode which bring some kind of issues on top and some times the whole RAM is defective.

I ā€œcrossing my fingersā€ with you and pretty sure it will work fine now :slight_smile:

I am getting these back to back to back todayā€¦ so annoying:

Faulting module name: xgameruntime.dll, version: 10.0.22000.3551, time stamp: 0x6ac5ffb7

CTD has never gone since SU5. The chance of getting CTD in my case is about 2/5. Very high!! I tried nearly every solution that was found in this forum but none of them works. Itā€™s unbelievable that the product has been launched almost 2 years now and this problem is still not fixed. They donā€™t even provide us with the logging system that many people ask for in the forum to trace what is causing the problem. What are you doing Asobo??? Iā€™m losing patience with your product.

1 Like

I assume one you your installed mods cause thatā€¦ as you knowā€¦

Actually, the loading problem for the product that I mentioned has been solved. I donā€™t blame the 3rd party developers as Iā€™ve contacted some of them and they did try their best to solve my problem but most of the time they didnā€™t know what was causing the issue because they just followed the MSFS SDK. They were also frustrated and suspected it was due to the conflicts with other 3rd party mods or the MSFS itself. To be honest, how can the developers detect the conflicts between hundreds of MSFS mods in the market? It should be MS/Abosoā€™s responsibility. Take the ModLib and MaterialLib changer functions in the MSFS addons linker for example. If Aboso gives clear SDK guidelines to the developers and has a better design for resource loading structure. How could these conflicts happen? Besides, the mod developers told me that it usually takes at least two weeks to put the mod updated version on the MSFS marketplace after submitting the update to MS. I assume the two weeks are for MS/Aboso to check the compatibility and stability issues. If users still encounter problems after updating the mod with the marketplace, whatā€™s the point?

The official troubleshoot suggests running MSFS in safe mode or disabling all the mods in the community folder. Then what? Do I need to abandon all the mods that I purchased in order to run MSFS? OK, then I tried to enable mod one by one to see who is the suspect. I have wasted a lot of time doing this and I can tell you this doesnā€™t work at all because the CTD occurs randomly and is not 100% reproducible. Sometimes I think I found the ā€œkillerā€ and removed it, then after a few moments CTD happens again! It is just a waste of time and brings me more frustration. In my opinion, the software architecture of MSFSā€™s process isolation and exception handling must have design flaws. Iā€™m also a player of another flight simulator (canā€™t say which one otherwise this post will be blocked). Letā€™s call it X. I also have dozens of mods for X but I seldom encounter CTD issues. I think thatā€™s because it has far better software add-on architecture and process isolation management. Lastly, why has everyone suddenly had CTD issue since SU5? There must be something changed in the program and only Asobo should know it.

4 Likes

Typical attitude from someone who obvisouly does not suffer from recurrent CTD.

1 Like

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/game-hangs-on-startup-stuck-on-black-screen/132950/27?u=michamma

Si I uninstalled and claimed a refund. thanks MS.

Welcome backā€¦

Simple give us some informations about your issue. Mention the windows event log message, Installed Mods, Sytem Specsā€¦ etcā€¦

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– , I like this straight ahead post.

1 Like

I got one and have been getting repeated CTDs with the DC Designs Concorde in Singapore Changi.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.24.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.24.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001b97b5a
Faulting process id: 0x1ed4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d85282a80ebd50
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 947a9805-a453-45e1-b86b-f98c681e1eac
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Same with me. Latest after 10 mins flying I get a reproducible CTD. At all airports I usually use: EDDR, EDDF, Wick, EGLW, ELLXā€¦
Vanilla fresh installation. The whole mess started with SU8. I would love to return to SU7 where everything ran fine.

The event viewer shows a ā€œclr.dllā€ error.
Makes no sense to fly at current. I am hoping for SU9.

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.24.5.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: clr.dll, Version: 4.8.4470.0, Zeitstempel: 0x61b72dcc
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000669e40
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x4890
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d853db90726c77
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.24.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Berichtskennung: 29dab0d6-5309-4b84-8be2-7ddb950f97b8
VollstƤndiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.24.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: App