CTDs are back

and you didn’t happen to have CaptureOne installed?

If so: see here [BUG LOGGED] CTD caused by Capture One 20 codec - #12 by MichaMMA

1 Like

Hi MichaMMA

that seems to work :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :partying_face: :partying_face:.
Although I had to de-install Capture One 22 totally, just renaming that particular file had no effect.
So, I will install CO on a diferent computer to do my image processing.

I don’t know how I have not noticed this hint, but you have made my day!!
:star_struck:

2 Likes

hmmm… I thought there is also a setting to disable the explorer extension

In preferences/general … “Windows explorer integration” check box

But,… for the moment cratulation and happy flight :slight_smile:

how can I run a log to see why mine crashed?

You can have a look at the Windows Event Log, but that’s about it. It doesn’t currently have anything that approaches what X-Plan has.

ive got exactly the same crash offset 0x0000000001b97b5a as you twice today.
have no clue what the cause is. Maybe i try disabling some addons.

yup same here. since the lase WU update.

I’ve been stable and all of a sudden crashing crashing crashing. I uninstalled it, pending the update for tomorrow.

1 Like

Unfortunately same for me. Had no issues whatsoever until SU8, then followed tons of CTDs, the bulk of them when I click FLY NOW on the world map. The loading bar gets to about a third or a little more and bam - I’m back to the desktop. No error messsge, no clear indication via Event Viewer.

Some days it’ll happen 10 times in a row, with the whole cursed loop of booting the sim up again, then suddenly it works and runs perfectly smooth for hours. Then the next day it’s back to CTD. It’s driving me absolutely nuts.

Safe mode works most of the time, but even a minimal load of well established 3rd party addons like PMDG, Aerosoft, etc. increases the risk for CTD by a metric ton and I am just baffled.

No idea how it can run so well and smooth once it gets past the first loading screen and the rest of the time it must act out one dramatic stage croak after another.

And Unfortunately SU9 did not bring any remedy. Welp… guess this will continue to be a straining hobby.

4 Likes

The only CTD I’ve had at all is with a mod, which hasn’t been updated/changed for SU9. Everything else is working fantastic.

The clouds are LEGIT, ps.

I am having the same, but after SU9.
Now checking the mods in my community floder.

1 Like

This game just ■■■■, I dont know how to say but after almost 2 years we still fight with thiss issues and ctd. This Sim is a mood killer! I dont play this game anymore I am out, no mods, new computer, all was good but after the update 5 and 7,8 and also now I get mostly ctd’s!

5 Likes

Well, I have found my culprit - it was the Taog44 UH-1D. Threw it out of the Community folder and no more CTDs, the sim is running perfectly fine now.

If you (like me) really like the UH-1D, though, keep an eye on Taog’s product page on flightsim.to. At the moment the file is unavailable, telling me he is already working on a fix. So I’ll be patiently waiting for an update to this otherwise very well made addon.

By the way: anybody have a link to Taog’s Discord? The link on the product page is expired unfortunately.

1 Like

So did you have crashes even if you weren’t actually flying the UH-1D?

Yes, that can & does happen.

Same with me. Deleted it and now also watching Taog44 UH-1H Huey product page. Don’t have his most recent discord.

1 Like

It’s currently CTDing both in safe and normal mode. Unplayable.

3 Likes

sometimes it runs, but most of the time it crashes. It’s really no fun anymore :roll_eyes:
note, before it crashes, the flusi starts to stutter

Fehlerbucket , Typ 0
Ereignisname: MoAppCrash
Antwort: Nicht verfügbar
CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
P1: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:App
P3: 1.25.7.0
P4: 00000000
P5: KERNELBASE.dll
P6: 10.0.22000.652
P7: d680f8f6
P8: 80000003
P9: 00000000000f90c2
P10:

Angefügte Dateien:

Diese Dateien befinden sich möglicherweise hier:
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_Microsoft.Flight_c38c9e19162dd0d2cf07e8dcdd193daca52_786f180e_b6b1694e-0319-4626-8a3b-90450dfb5f4c

Analysesymbol:
Es wird erneut nach einer Lösung gesucht: 0
Berichts-ID: 9e7d5723-d2c3-4af0-9783-56e6e9538b5e
Berichtstatus: 4
Bucket mit Hash:
CAB-Datei-Guid: 0

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.25.7.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.22000.652, Zeitstempel: 0xd680f8f6
Ausnahmecode: 0x80000003
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000f90c2
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x3fc0
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d85fc69eccbf56
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: 9e7d5723-d2c3-4af0-9783-56e6e9538b5e
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: App

2 Likes

this is the same for me aswell. one day i have amazing flights no problems at all. without changing any settings the next day sometimes even later hours in the same day, I’m on a CTD streak. can’t fly anywhere. safe or normal mode doesn’t change anything… crazy how the developers are so bad at optimizing the game.

1 Like

Hey tank, my problems have been completely and utterly remedied by just throwing out that one add-on - namely the UH-1D by Taog44 (which has since been disabled by himself on flightsim.to for the time being). Since I have deleted that one, my sim is an exemple of stable and smooth running once more.

If you do have that add-on, throw it out of your Community folder and try again. If you do not have it, I am very sorry to say, you might be in for a long search of finding the one other add-on, that i causing the trouble for you. I feel you pain, believe me. I pretty much lost all motivation to even get into it, when I hadn’t figured out my issue yet. Crossing fingers you will find your nemesis soon!