CTDs are back

Yes, I had around an entire week without any crashes, it was beautiful. I thought I had beat it.

Last two days random CTDs again :frowning:

The worst part is the feat. I have this constant feeling again now that it could crash any moment, makes you not want to put too much effort into flight planning etc.

Really hope they focus on this.

1 Like

the problem with my crashes that it’s crashing with even safe mode 0 add-on in community folder. now i believe it’s an optimization issue with my hardware or something else.

2 Likes

Try this solution, finally works for me:

Enable Debug Mode in Nvidia Control Panel (If Nvidia GPU of course)

^ Something useful to try if your GPU is factory overclocked. Debug mode forces reference clock speeds I think.

Thats correct. With my MSI RTX 2080 Super there is a difference around 50-60 MHz according to GPU-Z.

1 Like

thank you trying this now.

Mine crashed after a little over 2 1/2 on a fresh install. Was not touching anything at the time, just got the error. After SU9 update, nothing was happening before that.
Windows 11
10.0.22000 Build 22000
i7-97000KF CPU @ 3.60GHZ
32 GB RAM
RTX 2070 Super Version 512.59

2 Likes

Yesterday it was working fine.
I didn’t install anything since yesterday and this evening FIVE crashes where the sim gets freeze and stop working (not CTD, I had to kill the process).

3 Likes

Again, another 3 frezees today, not frezees yesterday
What on earth is happening to the sim!? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Same. I’m done with this sim or the day.Totally ■■■■■■. and before anyone ask the only addon I added was the PMDG 737 and todays so called patch. Flew one flight successfully before the patch. NOW I get CTD everytime I try to load on a runways in any aircraft. I’m tired of “bug hunts” the number one reason I left P3D behind.

5 Likes

Which one? Disabling HAGS, or removing all addons?

I have HAGS enabled, and don’t get any crashes, but its still worthwhile trying.

The one I would lean more heavily would be addons. Perhaps not marketplace specific ones though, but community mods. Removing any addons to the sim should be trouble shooting step 1, always.

I was getting the CTDs and Read errors.

Turned off HAGS and they stopped. GTS1660 TI

1 Like

Mine seems to CTD, without error, upon landing, after >2hr flights.

Source
FlightSimulator.exe

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎5/‎17/‎2022 3:39 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash
Package Full Name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Application Name: praid:App
Application Version: 1.25.9.0
Application Timestamp: 00000000
Fault Module Name: FlightSimulator.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.25.9.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: 80000003
Exception Offset: 0000000001cbc4b2
OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: e20a
Additional Information 2: e20a5f05411ea23e20be77287ac1d99b
Additional Information 3: 2860
Additional Information 4: 2860141c9c90da34a6fe08542e18de47

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 1d2ea1039fb2b531fd4682738667b379 (2109516908157449081)

We need a tool like what we had in Xplane. A file to read why it crashed. There are too many variables to check. And this is getting really annoying. I don’t want to be a developer. I want to be a player.

6 Likes

Information for all poor CTD-pilots: The world Update 9 does not solve the CTD-problem. I got it today again after 3 hours flight. I hope, that the developer of Asobo are aware, that these conditions are not suitable for customers satisfaction. The FS2020 is really not longer fun but permanent frustration.

5 Likes

Same here after I turned off HAGS I could finally work in the SDK without it crashing.

1 Like

This is so ■■■■ correct. I had suggest Asobo make a logger for everyone a decade ago back to alpha test, but we still don’t have it.

A decade ago?

Im very disappointed with the sim. I will give up after spending so many hours trying to solve the endless CTD issues. And I have a very good rig: i7 13700K, Mb Asus Rog Strix Z690-E, 64Mb XPG DDR5 6000GHz, Asus Rog Strix 360mm LC II Water Cooler, GPU Asus Rog Strix 1000Watts, SO Win11 running in Samsung SSD M.2 980 Evo 2TB, FS2020 running in Samsung SSD M.2 980 Evo 1Tb, both SSDs at 6800Mb/s (measured), GPU RTX3060 12Mb (the bottleneck of the system - will be upgraded very soon). No OC.

What else we need to have to run such a delicate, nervous and temperamental sim???

I tried all possible ways to solve the CTD issue. I have only PMDG (2), Justflight acft (4), FSDT GSX Pro, tree Orbx meshes and some inside FS2020 Marketplace scenery. The only way to run the sim is in safe mod. Disgusting!!! More than 150Gb of sim installation and a lot of money spend with the mods and endless time spend trying to solve the CTD. No way…

I found another issue: I was unable to fly anymore in the default KSEA scenery (CTD) and I suspect that it has something to do with the KRNT scenery from Drzewiecki Design I both in Marketplace a week ago. I just deleted it and now I can fly in KSEA. Why a scenery sold inside the sim (Marketplace) produce issues to the sim???

Also LGSK, both from Orbx, produce CTD. Deleted it.

A think there is something wrong the way FS2020 deals with scenery data files. I don`t know, but this could be the reason. But how to fix it??? The sim itself should do that every new scenery entrance, or do that in the correct way, if this is the problem.