CTD's/frame drop still constant Xbox Series X

Was part of the xbox stability test,then downloaded the patch for “beta 10” downloaded any updates after installing “beta 10” and i am still having constant CTD’s either loading into a flight or halfway through a flight,or on approach to land at airport. Frames drop terribly in cockpit or externally to the point the screen freezes after stuttering so bad. I have rolling caches cleared/turned off. Live traffic turned off,multiplayer on,live weather on,HDR turned off. I have multiple 3rd party add ons downloaded. Airports,scenery,landmarks,planes etc. I wonder if that is the cause???! I cant even fly the new airbus a321 neo since its release cause of constant crashes. Only thing good that had come from this “beta 10” so far is the loading into main menu from “press any button to start” screen. Game is just unplayable on xbox series x at the moment.

Yes, even to me

2 Likes

I’m unable to replicate, for me the sim is running 100 times better than before.

4 Likes

For the sim is still having slight fps drops sometimes it’s running pretty good. I can even take off from 3rd party airport that were causing instant CDT before the update. It’s weird how nobody have the same experience in the game.

6 Likes

Sim is running much better for me much smoother than before. Most CTDs are from 3rd party airports when I have some other type of 3rd party airport scenery installed. Example If I have LVFR static planes installed I get crashes at many airports when loading. This has been an issue for a long while. The last beta for XBOX was just completed so after they review all the logs hopefully they can find the CTD causes.

3 Likes

It’s early days but I’m seeing a significant improvement in performance and fluidity on Xbox Series X. I don’t have any third party airports installed, mind you.

2 Likes

I only had a couple of times of trying to load into the MSFS on my Xbox Series X and then it did a CTD while trying to load the sim. But outside of that no issues while flying.

1 Like

After one day of testing (on Xbox Series X), I’ve had one CTD while panning on the world map (so the same behaviour as prior to the SU10 beta). I don’t know however if any work has been done (yet) to try and fix this bug(?)

I’ve also so far had one CTD while in flight and panning views around the aircraft.

In terms of visual quality, my experience so far has been that, once in flight, the stuttering while panning the view has reduced a little. Sadly, I have also noticed a quite obvious reduction in the draw distance and level of detail around my position. I can discern an obvious square of high detail terrain that follows me in flight, with very low level of detail now much closer to my position. However, I need to test in more locations to see if or how much my location affects this. (My testing so far has largely been in Alaska.)

1 Like

Knowing little about the Xbox except it’s limited set of choices I can only surmise most that are still suffering probably have a duff 3rd party marketplace purchase installed, MS/Asobo do break them occasionally but then it’s up to their own devs to fix and that can take a little while before the fix is available.
If you can test in safe mode then do so and let everyone know how you got on.

2 Likes

Ugh spoke to soon => i have CTDs loading into non 3rd party airports as well. You can almost Tell it will CTD because the load in pauses a lot more than usual. I just hope they can find the fix before SU10 official release or soon after.

3 Likes

My 3 days of testing on Series X.
No third party scenery or airports.
Vessels Global and Southwest.
Live Weather on
PG on
AI traffic
Static aircraft 100
Traffic all 100

In general - silky smooth compared to before on the TBM - flown two long IFR flights and one out of London City Airport over London
Unbelievably good.
Some issues remain with panning round cockpit - can be a little jagged. Busy ramps can still slow down.
Huge improvement to feel of textures - the aa issue seems to have gone
All traffic working well and very smoothly

Blackbox Islander and Trislander aircraft both working a treat. Brilliant.
The Hjet not as good, some stutters/slow downs - very jagged panning around cockpit and I had a CTD with it on ramp at EGBB whilst powering down. -jury’s out on the Hjet.

Still more experiments to do - these are just some prelim observations… optimistic on the whole - flying Is a pleasure with this release of the beta, a lot of the issues appear to have been dealt with.

2 Likes

The first day of the beta, the game both looked and ran noticeably better on Series X. Today, my frames are the worst Ive ever experienced, and everything looks washed out.

2 Likes

Frames getting worse it seems in the beta , lots of stutters and lagging going on . CTDs at handcrafted airports especially on the A320 all vanilla .

2 Likes

It’s odd that we are having such different experiences on the same hardware.

It’s day two of beta testing for me on Series X, and my experience is still very positive - and I’d still stick to my conclusion that, for me, this is the best that the sim has performed on Xbox.

I just did a live weather, live traffic and full photogrammetry vfr flight from the notoriously demanding London City to London Heathrow. Every version of the sim until now, including the original from last July, has struggled a bit with this. This time? Not a hitch or single stutter.

2 Likes

I have noticed the load time from dashboard is much quicker and the menus are more stable.

I did have a CTD when trying Concord at Heathrow (inibuild). Before that using a plane from launch did not produce CTD so 3rd party software needs updating ASAP.

1 Like

Mines been relatively stable and much improved but just had a CTD in A321 when accessing the showcase camera wing view

1 Like

And another CTD trying to load a flight from Schipol to London City in honda jet …its been working so well and now its starting to act up again :roll_eyes:

1 Like

At first at thought it was an overall improvement, if slight. Now I’m not so sure anymore. It seems some of the worst scenarios are improved, but others degraded, like I now have heavy sound stutters when flying over some areas in the F18.

I really wish we had a way to tweak some settings. I would gladly lose some visual flair if it could help with all that heavy stuttering.

2 Likes

I have been doing a lot of short flights to test the basics of the 33 paid marketplace planes I own. So far I have had 8 crashes.

1 on loading in with kodiak
2 loading in hondajet 420
1 loading in on goose
3 crash loading in on su57
1 crash while the game was loading before I could do anything

I haven’t managed to get the su57 to let me play at all.

The game itself does seem to have reduced loading times though. Edit: and the flickering reflections on glass are fixed.

Edit: got su57 to work by moving to lukla.

1 Like

This is my experience today - flew the TBM from London City R27 across London and then to Bristol. Super smooth and that was with PG on, Ai traffic, Live weather ON and traffic sliders max’d. wouldn’t have been flyable SU9.
So what’s going on here?
I did notice problems with the Hjet - is this an aircraft or third party problem, or something else? Can you all specify aircraft and settings and flight region so we can all try your config and see what we get? It’s important we figure this out before beta ends…

1 Like