CTD's/frame drop still constant Xbox Series X

Xbox Series consoles use DX12 now?

Series X was built for/with DX12.

1 Like

Xbox X is based on a custom AMD SoC (System on a Chip) called Project Scarlett, supporting DirectX 12 Ultimate - but any game has to be programmed to use the API properly

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/xbox-series-x-gpu.c3482

1 Like

Chat please keep this thread to CTD reports and crashes on xbox,nothing more please…

1 Like

On Series S and Beta 1.27.14 which was running beautiful and smooth until two days ago when I started to experience lot of CTD while I wasn’t having many before. I hope this is due to some work in the background or on servers and that it is corrected soon as I loved the stability of Beta so far…

2 Likes

Well, that likely has nothing to do with SU10 beta as people have been playing it on SX at 60fps and 120fps via VRR from day one

It would be nice for them to aim for 60fps or higher for those with 60hz TVs with no VRR.

I’d rather keep it locked at 30 fps and use the additional processing headroom, when available, to improve the image quality. For example, since SU 9 antialiasing has been turned off on XBOX. This may have just been an oversight of some kind, but I worry that it may have instead been a conscious decision to counteract the performance issues that were occurring after SU 9. Now that SU 10 appears to have dramatically improved performance, my preference would be that they use that to restore antialiasing and reverse any other image quality compromises they made.

2 Likes

I took off EVERYTHING 3rd party in SU9 and carefully built back up and tested each addon carefully. Almost all CTD’s were specifically from add ons, blank screens, freezes, stutters. Now in SU9, just about EVERYTHING caused problems, especially anything animated(ships/birds/moving items in scenery, etc). Nearly all these worked fine on SU8(a few I downloaded in the interim). I had nearly 60 uninstalled add-ons just to make SU9 playable, and it was still a laggy stutterfest. Current build of Beta, only have 4 uninstalled items(that I want installed) and it is flying for FPS and draw distance, like a whole new game, as good as SU8 had become, better in many instances.

If I install a ‘problem’ scenery, like KDCA, when I’m near it CTD’s, blank screens, stutters. Not sure why it doesn’t work when it was PERFECT in SU8, but whatever. SU9 was a disaster in so many ways, and it looks encouraging for SU10 to say the least. I am not blaming Asobo for 3rd party items to work perfectly, some of these developers need to get their heads out and fix their own work, but I don’t expect them to until SU10 is official. Fair is fair. They may release a beta update and mess up the works or SU10 itself could go off the cliff, you never know.

But right now, super happy with the current state, I’m back to my ‘I cant believe this is on a console’ feeling when flying. If SU10 goes well and the 40th is as strong as it looks, it’s going to be a good fall season. I’m still not a PG person though, just can’t find myself liking it yet.

If you are getting blank screens and crashes, it’s likely some 3rd party item you don’t want to realize is broken, even if in SU8 it was ‘perfect’. Even vanilla, SU9 was just awful.

Only thing I haven’t tested and will tonight is 120HZ vss. It had some tearing and caused slight stutters before, even in SU8 so I haven’t thought to try it, I just automatically turn it off when switching to MSFS after playing any other game. And just because you set it to 120 doesn’t mean POOF 120fps. I wouldn’t expect this console to be able to push MSFS much higher than 50 at best, that would be a miracle. A ‘canned’ typical game, sure, but not one that constantly loads the entire world as you move about it.

1 Like

For me (Xbox Series X) the problem seems to be all 3rd party as well as all/ most bespoke airports. If I take the A320neo (cold&dark to cold&dark) and at least one of the airports is either a 3rd party or a bespoke airport the chance to get a CTD are 99%. If I use two “base” airports I can usually complete the flight without a problem. I can even take the A321s and still looking good then. As I have put quite some money into 3rd party airports I do hope that I can install them back one day! :thinking:… one more “effect” that showed up lately: the screens get blank and come back! Up to now they stayed blank but lately they just flicker and get back on, sometimes even twice…

2 Likes

I had a random CTD yesterday when approaching Nellis to land, suspect that it’s due to having the third party airport installed.
Apart from that no crashes for a while.

2 Likes

Yeah. I don’t know why it does that. Just scrolling others’ awesome posts, and BAM!

Have you tried starting at the gate from KDFW? Instant CTD for me every time, even with the latest beta update today. :pensive:

2 Likes

YES Dallas INT FW Instant crash for me also. If i Choose another Airport Nearby which does not crash flying over Dallas Int is a stuttery mess the Xbox cannot handle such a large area of runways airports etc. Using the latest Beta with Standard Aircraft and Airports.

1 Like

CDT’s are back on series x as of 10/12/22. Everything was running smoothly for a few weeks,now when i am on approach to ANY airport or departing ANY airport my game automatically freezes and crashes. There have been a few quick updates to the game the last week,so i take it,it has something to do with that,that has caused the cdt’s to return with a vengeance! Please fix this!

2 Likes

CTDs here, different airports, same plane (HJ). They’re doing it again!!

BS again, just coming into CYYZ. A very stable plane (HJ) made not so stable, thanks!

(Xbox series x) Downloaded the last beta and tried the flytampa’s LGAV. (one of the heaviest in my library) This time, everything worked perfectly . No Ctd and no black avionics,with the CJ4.
I tried it at night, so I didn’t check for LOD

2 Likes